U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 AM

12,050 posts, read 11,144,011 times

Advertisements

It's been a tough week for Ben Carson. He's getting hammered, and he's not responding well. One of the problems with being an amateur is that you're not ready for the intense scrutiny. Remember Herman Cain? He was in the lead until stories about the inappropriate relationships came out .. after they broke, he tanked in a matter of days. He did not see them coming and had no defense handy for them.

I predict the same is going to happen to Carson. He'll be an asterisk very soon. I'm agnostic on the point of whether the allegations of his mendacity are fair or accurate. I just think they're going to sink him. If they do, where do you think his supporters are going to go? Trump? Cruz? Someone else?

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Last edited by WestCobb; 11-12-2015 at 05:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 05:54 AM

412 posts, read 321,145 times
I don't know, but the thread title is great. You get points for that one.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:00 AM

8,071 posts, read 5,392,429 times
Meh, Dr. Carson will be around for a while unless they find some "real" dirt in his past.

This whole stabbing BS is even more idiotic as Hillary's emails. It won't make a difference.

Besides conservatives don't have many candidates to choose from. Cruz is so annoying even some conservatives hate him and clown Trump is a liberal who was a Democrat not long ago. He supported things like abortion, gay marriage and Amnesty for illegals. Nobody is buying the Bible is clown Trump's favorite book when he changes wives every 10 years and that he believes in American values when he married two foreigns(who probably overstayed their visas and were illegally in the US) Those gold diggers clown Trump bought with the money he stole from his creditors don't even speak English. He also called women a piece of a$$, what good Christian calls women that?

Old 11-12-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Meh, he will be around for a while unless they find some "real" dirt in his past.

This whole stabbing BS is even more idiotic as Hillary's emails. It won't make a difference. Besides conservatives don't have many candidates to choose from. Cruz is so annoying even some conservatives hate him and Trump is a liberal who was a Democrat not long ago. He supported things like abortion, gay marriage and Amnesty for illegals. Nobody is buying the Bible is Trump's favorite book when he changes wives every 10 years and two of them are foreigns(who probably overstayed their visas and were illegally in the US)and who don't even speak English. He also called women a piece of a$$.
I completely agree on Trump. He's no conservative, and he's definitely not going to get any traction with the evangelical crowd who is backing Carson. I read an article in the Christian press the other day about Trump's faith .. lololol. Really? I seriously doubt anyone who read that took it seriously.

I disagree about Carson. These reports are much ado about nothing, but his reaction to them is bizarre. The more you see of him the more you realize he's not ready for prime time. I think his supporters will be shopping around real soon.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:17 AM

19,185 posts, read 15,015,366 times
I wouldn't count Carson out yet. That the media is trying to force him out by lies and the media proved NOTHING that Carson said was a lie. Again, NOTHING.

Is this the group that have been saying for 4 months that Trump was quitting? Believing you can say something and make it happen is called "magical" thinking and it isn't a mentally healthy thing to do.

Just because you can dream it, you can't make someone else believe it will happen or make it happen. If that were true, Obama would be in the "big house" not the White House and Hillary would soon be his cell mate.

Anyone that thinks Carson gives up easily, knows nothing about Carson.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I wouldn't count Carson out yet. That the media is trying to force him out by lies and the media proved NOTHING that Carson said was a lie. Again, NOTHING.

Is this the group that have been saying for 4 months that Trump was quitting? Believing you can say something and make it happen is called "magical" thinking and it isn't a mentally healthy thing to do.

Just because you can dream it, you can't make someone else believe it will happen or make it happen. If that were true, Obama would be in the "big house" not the White House and Hillary would soon be his cell mate.

Anyone that thinks Carson gives up easily, knows nothing about Carson.
I don't know much about him. I assume he's tenacious -- he wouldn't of risen to the height he did without being so -- but I also think he's naive when it comes to politics. A guy like Trump can take the hits because he's been doing it for years as a celebrity, but I think it's going to knock Carson out of the race sooner rather than later. We'll see though.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:45 AM

One of the things that may escape people is that Dr. Carson was a surgeon. A surgeon has to be sure of themselves when they say something and he is probably used to be questioned by intelligent people but, of course, the media isn't intelligent and aren't asking intelligent questions.

Everyone thinks he just woke up lately and decided to go into politics and think about what is happening to our country. I thought that too until I started looking at his history.

Ben Carson was growing up 3 hours from me in MI so perhaps that is how I better understand where he is coming from. I can pretty much tell you when I read the supposed "lies" that I knew he had not lied. I grew up just about 30 miles from Andrew's University and my high school business class went there for a field trip. It was a highly respected college in our area. I remember the riots in Detroit on the news and we had issues even in our small town. So, I have an edge having lived the same history if not the other horrors that Ben Carson suffered as a child but I know enough about life during that time to know that Ben Carson's supposed "lies" were just that, "supposed". I have posted on all of the supposed "lies" within the forum and that people refuse to do anything but chant nonsense and ignore the facts...................

So, yes, we'll see. This week, I switched from supporting Trump to supporting Carson. Carson was a very close 2nd choice, I kept seeing the polls to choose between the two and couldn't even take the poll. Trump said that Carson had a "pathological disease" but per what Ben Carson said in his book, it was "pathological anger" that he thought he had. And, Trump went on about "that just doesn't go away with pills...........". It just crossed the line and Trump was half way over the line when he made the statement.

If more people could look past the fact that Ben Carson is a black conservative and look at his history, he'd be doing better yet.

Time will tell but I wouldn't count him out too soon. Those that don't understand faith in God won't understand the strength that one can draw to face one's adversaries.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:49 AM

29,996 posts, read 16,591,924 times
His foreign policy answer at the Republican debate was an embarrassment. It was an intelligent question asked by intelligent people.

His answer - word salad.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
His foreign policy answer at the Republican debate was an embarrassment. It was an intelligent question asked by intelligent people.

His answer - word salad.
Was his response an embarrassment to you as a Republican? I thought you were a Hillary supporter or maybe a Bernie supporter.

You'll need to expand to actually make any kind of valid point.

What is your candidate saying on the subject and why does that make more sense?

If you aren't a Republican, then your opinion about Carson is mute.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 AM

15,366 posts, read 5,710,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Was his response an embarrassment to you as a Republican? I thought you were a Hillary supporter or maybe a Bernie supporter.

You'll need to expand to actually make any kind of valid point.

What is your candidate saying on the subject and why does that make more sense?

If you aren't a Republican, then your opinion about Carson is mute.
The word is moot, not mute. And Carson is campaigning to be the president of all Americans, not just Republican Americans. That gives every American the right to be concerned about the policy positions Carson and every other candidate on either side takes.

I notice there is not a dearth of threads started by the right about Clinton. Seems they have no problem giving their opinion about the other side's candidates. Will you go into all of those threads and tell them their opinion of a Democratic candidate is "mute?" No, I didn't think so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or