U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if election were held today?
Hillary Clinton 32 18.82%
Martin O'Malley 1 0.59%
Bernie Sanders 21 12.35%
Jeb Bush 1 0.59%
Ben Carson 2 1.18%
Chris Christie 4 2.35%
Ted Cruz 22 12.94%
Carly Fiorina 3 1.76%
Jim Gilmore 0 0%
Lindsey Graham 0 0%
Mike Huckabee 2 1.18%
Bobby Jindal 0 0%
John Kasich 7 4.12%
George Pataki 0 0%
Rand Paul 9 5.29%
Marco Rubio 10 5.88%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Donald Trump 47 27.65%
Undecided 8 4.71%
None of the above 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:57 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,312,146 times

Advertisements

Anyone without a D after his/her name will have my vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 11:04 AM

18,065 posts, read 8,149,118 times
I think it safe to say that the next president will have to have a firm grasp of ME politics, or be willing to hire and heed people who have that grasp. So as much as I prefer many of Sanders' domestic policies - I'm going with Clinton.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:53 AM

3,954 posts, read 1,705,304 times
I would vote for Chris Christie. If he drops out, I will vote for Donald Trump.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:30 PM

71,737 posts, read 83,373,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
I'll take the other two you mentioned first. Huckabee I believe was a decent candidate in 2008, and on the issues which he posted on his campaign website back then I agreed with much of what he laid out. This time around he appears to me to be a little off his game, a bit sluggish, and on some of the issues I disagree with him. Honestly, off the top of my head I'm a little stumped trying to recall what he said I disliked. Believe it was on how he'd handle saving Social Security, and also his tax plan. I'd have to go back and listen to the debates I watched on Youtube to say for sure. I'm not as impressed this time around. He was my 2nd choice in 2008, Duncan Hunter being my 1st choice.

Rubio I believe needs more experience. As we all know, how to deal with those in the country illegally will be a huge issue in the 2016 election. I'll have to finish watching the debate I started yesterday to see if Marco was asked what his plan was on dealing with it, but from what I have heard in the past it seems he's been for amnesty, and that just isn't going to fly with many voters. It's an issue that could cause the Republicans to lose the election if they are for it. Voters may be wary of how young he looks, even if he's not much younger than some of the others. Not saying I would vote against him for that reason, but it could make some people uneasy. One last thing about him, and maybe it's not fair, but my impression is he comes off as a little too arrogant, a little too impressed with himself. In the future its possible he'll mature into a candidate worthy of the office of the president, but after just watching one two term president I don't believe was prepared for the office, I don't want to see another take his place.

Cruz I've only recently started looking at seriously. Due to comments he made on how to deal with Social Security and another issue I don't recall at the moment, I kind of shut down in regards to paying attention to him. However, during the debates I've come around a little. I've always liked the fact he wasn't afraid to speak his mind and take the positions he has in the Senate, and that he hasn't gotten caught up in the political machine most in the Big 2 parties have when they've been elected to national office. Republicans and Democrats have gotten way out of line favoring big corporations over our citizens. Maybe Cruz will be able to change the way things work. Only one way to find out, and if anyone can he probably could - if the will is truly there on his part, and that's something we have to analyze and decide if that's who we believe he'd be as a president. The guy is so well spoken on the issues there's no doubt where he stands, and he's highly intelligent. I called him a bit of a bulldog in another thread, and that's what he is. He's a fighter that will take on issues head on. Doesn't seem to be intimidated by anyone, yet he's civil, which makes me believe he would be good in dealing with foreign leaders. Another thing that impresses me is that his faith and value system is obviously important to him, as mine is important to me. So that's a huge plus.

Anyway, still haven't decided. Have to finish watching that debate, research some things, and watch how things shake out on the campaign trail and in the Senate.
thanks, I was asking mainly bcause you referred to his conservatism. I never thought I would give him a look and now I think I could support him, but he isn't my first choice. Ted doesn't realize how hard it would be to deport all the illegals or how inhumane. We need to seal the borders, make sure we never get in the mess we are now again, make illegals pay a fine, ship anyone that has committed a crime back to Mexico, not allow any government handouts to those who are not elegible but we can't hope to just send them back. We also , which was Rubio's point when he served on the group of 8, learn to contromise. I think Rubio has much better, overall ideas than Cruz and has more exerience plus good views on foreign affairs.

As for Huckabee, his time has passed.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:27 PM

13,007 posts, read 6,229,411 times
I think his youth is a plus, Rubio.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:10 PM

5,206 posts, read 3,739,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Only recently have I started leaning heavily towards a candidate. Ted Cruz is my candidate (at this point), who is yours?
Same. Still too early to nail it down for sure but leaning towards Cruz.

There's good choices out there. Any one of them would be better than the pitiful D's that are up for grabs.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:03 PM

44,485 posts, read 17,771,709 times
It's fascinating that in 70 votes cast so far, people prefer Bernie Sanders over King Hillary.

Yet the DNC Super Delegate process will absolutely insure that Bernie can't be elected. DNC is going to go down in spectacular flames next year by giving people a nominee they don't want.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:06 PM

1,676 posts, read 740,501 times
Hillary, though Trump is a close second choice.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:07 PM

19,460 posts, read 17,701,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's fascinating that in 70 votes cast so far, people prefer Bernie Sanders over King Hillary.

Yet the DNC Super Delegate process will absolutely insure that Bernie can't be elected. DNC is going to go down in spectacular flames next year by giving people a nominee they don't want.
Same can be said about Trump. You know that the RNC will have a hissy fit if Trump gets elected and will do everything they can to prevent it.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:08 PM

44,485 posts, read 17,771,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Marco Rubio. He's young, energetic, Conservative, and would appeal to many different demographics and socioeconomic groups. I truly believe he's the Republican who can unite the party and win in a general election.
The party does not want someone who supports globalization and amnesty for illegal aliens. They can get that with King Hillary.

He won't unite the party. He will insure that a large portion won't turn out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or