U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 10:44 AM

13,825 posts, read 12,580,210 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised to see Carson doesn't have more support from the African-Americans.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:48 PM

2,092 posts, read 2,563,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The 65+ people are the most reliable voting demographic. They always show up to vote in bigger numbers than other age groups.
I'm aware of that, but most of them already vote Republican. Obama won with getting larger than normal turnout of younger voters and black voters. If Trump is doing well with those groups then it shows that he's the most electable in a general. Florida is so important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Carson supporters like the fact that Trump compared their candidate to a child molester? Expect Carson fans to spread evenly between Trump, Cruz, and Rubio.
I don't think most Carson supporters have read his book. I think (well I hope) most people have enough sense to realize religion can't cure a self-described pathological mental illness. I think the violent incidents being discussed about Carson's past should be enough for him to start dropping in the polls. True or not.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 11-14-2015 at 03:56 PM..

Old 11-14-2015, 03:53 PM

1,378 posts, read 2,102,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm surprised to see Carson doesn't have more support from the African-Americans.
What black people hate more than white people are uncle toms.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:22 PM

44,344 posts, read 17,716,609 times
Quote:
They will be mindlessly voting as a block for King Hillary. Why? Who knows? But that is what 80% of them, who bother to vote will do.

Old 11-14-2015, 04:59 PM

19,187 posts, read 14,947,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I'm aware of that, but most of them already vote Republican. Obama won with getting larger than normal turnout of younger voters and black voters. If Trump is doing well with those groups then it shows that he's the most electable in a general. Florida is so important.

I don't think most Carson supporters have read his book. I think (well I hope) most people have enough sense to realize religion can't cure a self-described pathological mental illness. I think the violent incidents being discussed about Carson's past should be enough for him to start dropping in the polls. True or not.
I haven't read the book, are you quoting directly from the book and saying that Carson has a pathological mental illness (which technically that doesn't exist if you google it) or are you a professional that is able to diagnose from a book? All I ever saw quoted was "a pathological temper" and I truly don't think you can understand the conditions that Carson grew up under. And, unless someone knows the power of faith in God, they usually aren't aware of what strength one can draw from one's faith.

Also, please note the possibility that Trump has very serious anger problems which could interfere with his effectiveness as a POTUS not to mention that with his latest remarks about Carson showing that Trump has integrity issues also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
What black people hate more than white people are uncle toms.
You mean like Obama. I could never figure out how Obama drew the black vote, but people were picked up in buses and I am guessing told a lot of lies to win the votes. I know for a fact that they really pressured people. They called our house 3 times on the day of the caucus in KS. I suppose many knew very little about Obama. He was probably less "black" than any other American being born to a Kenyan and a Kansan and raised by his white grandparents.

I think the majority of people aren't really paying attention yet to the candidates. I think that people of faith, despite their color, will be drawn to the message that Carson has.

Carson is probably the only honest candidate thus dragging up nonsense since they could find nothing else.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:36 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,370,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Florida Times Union Florida State Poll Nov 12 2015 - Interviews conducted after the Fox Business Channel Debate

Likely presidential primary voters; Republican; Florida MOE +/-3.4

Trump

Carson

Rubio

http://opinionsavvy.com/wp-content/u...z-11.12.15.pdf

In Florida:

The Hispanic vote goes to Rubio
The African American vote goes to Trump closely followed by Bush
The White vote goes to Trump
The male vote goes to Trump
The female vote goes to Carson
The 65 and Overs go for Trump followed very closely by Carson
The 35 - 44s go for Carson followed very closely by Trump
The 18 - 29s go for Trump
The 30 - 44s go for Carson

They think Kasich lost the debate.
First you conveniently stated Kasich lost the debate but did not state that people thought Rubio won it. If it would have been Trump, I'm sure you would have conveniently posted it.

The African American vote was 8% people out of 806 that were polled and Trump numbers were similar to Bush which you conveniently did not state. I imagine the reason they did not poll more black people and hispanics is because most are not registered as republicans

Hispanic ratio was low, 8%. Hispanics represent 11% of Florida's voters registered as Republicans

Old 11-14-2015, 05:40 PM

4,044 posts, read 2,674,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
First you conveniently stated Kasich lost the debate but did not state that people thought Rubio won it. If it would have been Trump, I'm sure you would have conveniently posted it.

The African American vote was 8% people out of 806 that were polled and Trump numbers were similar to Bush which you conveniently did not state. I imagine the reason they did not poll more black people and hispanics is because most are not registered as republicans

Hispanic ratio was low, 8%. Hispanics represent 11% of Florida's voters registered as Republicans
Like I said before, and I was criticized for this, LauraC leaves out stuff that is critical of Trump.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:17 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,648,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They will be mindlessly voting as a block for King Hillary. Why? Who knows? But that is what 80% of them, who bother to vote will do.
The fact that you think they're "mindlessly" voting for Democrats is big reason why they don't vote Republican. The disdain right-wingers hold for them is obvious.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:53 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,370,174 times
Quote:
they only polled 8 African Americans in total, look at section 6 where the voters are broken down by race/ethnicity. 90% were white, 1% African American, 8% hispanic. That means 2 people voted for Trump, 2 other people voted for Bush and 1 for Carson.

Of course LauraC makes it sound like they polled hundreds of African Americans.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:38 PM

15,640 posts, read 8,755,559 times
Quote:
Maybe because he is a nut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or