Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 05:00 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Stop your bleeding heart nonsense for illegal immigrants. They have no right to be here. They are welfare parasites, they ruin public schools, and they march around demanding more entitlements. This is all because of because of liberals.
Stop your fact-free, know-nothing, bigoted rants. Looking at actual studies show that they contribute more than they use. I am sure that you will be able to cite actual evidence that "they march around demanding more entitlements." Typically, if one is not documented they want to keep a low profile.

Regarding entitlements, this CNN article: 5 immigration myths debunked demonstrates that what you are saying is baloney.

Quote:
Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.
Please come back when you have something factual to contribute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 05:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Started out as a great Friday the 13th...
Jihad Johnny is dead....Isis is contained..(or so Obama says).

Then the attacks started on Paris....

If you liberals don't wake up the hoards of illegal immigrants coming to this country and staying causing us to be totally vulnerable to the exact thing Paris endured tonight.

Before you say it....its not fear talk, its REALITY!!! Quit guarding rights of those who are not citizens and stick up for the US citizens for a change....

Trump is right....Sorry you can't handle it!!
You really think what happened in Paris will affect how most of us feel? If this is the case, lets suport Cruz, he feels the same way about illegals. In fact we all want them stopped. What you are not seeing is: you can't send back all the 12 mil or whatever the number that are here. No one is suggesting we keep letting illegals in for heavens sake.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I suppose it's possible that he'll be elected. The country has done crazier things ... I think.

But I hope that, unlike 2004, what sways the people of this country to vote one way or another isn't the actions of terrorists. Because then the terrorists "win", right?
No, I don't see any way Trump would get elected. I also don't think the country has done anything as crazy.

Trump has hard-core support from a faction of the Republican Party. He doesn't have support from Democrats and I don't know about Independents. But I do know that based upon his lack of support from minorities, Trump will need about 62% of the white vote in order to win. He just doesn't have that.

Moreover, Trump will need to carry "Blue" states that have high urban populations that do not support him.

All-in-all, a Trump nomination is unlikely and a general election win is a long-shot.

As much as the Ann Coulter view that "Trump was elected tonight," even if there is enough fear and hysteria now about terrorism, cooler heads will prevail by election night.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:11 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Stop your fact-free, know-nothing, bigoted rants. Looking at actual studies show that they contribute more than they use. I am sure that you will be able to cite actual evidence that "they march around demanding more entitlements." Typically, if one is not documented they want to keep a low profile.

Regarding entitlements, this CNN article: 5 immigration myths debunked demonstrates that what you are saying is baloney.

Please come back when you have something factual to contribute.
You first.

There are studies that show that illegals cost more than they contribute, as I'm sure you know.

Illegals don't keep a low profile in Southern California. They march around with Mexican flags, claiming that they are taking back "their" land.

You're the one full of baloney..

Old 11-15-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What you are not seeing is: you can't send back all the 12 mil or whatever the number that are here.
Yes, you can.

It might take about ten years, and a hundred thousand more ICE agents authorized to profile and sweep the interior of the country.

But it can be done -- and it should be done.

We arrest and jail hundreds of thousands of Americans every year.

And no one worries about "breaking up their families" when they are sent to prison.

But somehow, we can't touch the illegals.

What nonsense!

Old 11-15-2015, 05:19 AM

Quote:
No, I don't see any way Trump would get elected. I also don't think the country has done anything as crazy.

Trump has hard-core support from a faction of the Republican Party. He doesn't have support from Democrats and I don't know about Independents. But I do know that based upon his lack of support from minorities, Trump will need about 62% of the white vote in order to win. He just doesn't have that.

Moreover, Trump will need to carry "Blue" states that have high urban populations that do not support him.

All-in-all, a Trump nomination is unlikely and a general election win is a long-shot.

As much as the Ann Coulter view that "Trump was elected tonight," even if there is enough fear and hysteria now about terrorism, cooler heads will prevail by election night.
All the above is speculation.

No one expected Reagan to win.

He did -- in a landslide.

The liberals screw everything up, show how much they hate America, and finally people wake up.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You first.

There are studies that show that illegals cost more than they contribute, as I'm sure you know.

Illegals don't keep a low profile in Southern California. They march around with Mexican flags, claiming that they are taking back "their" land.
And you know they are "illegal" immigrants and not legal immigrants, which are the vast majority of Hispanics in the U.S.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:31 AM

Quote:
And you know they are "illegal" immigrants and not legal immigrants, which are the vast majority of Hispanics in the U.S.
Wrong.

And either way, it's disgusting.

If they like Mexico so much, let them go back there.

The only flag they should be waving is the American flag.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Wrong.

And either way, it's disgusting.

If they like Mexico so much, let them go back there.

The only flag they should be waving is the American flag.
According to the Center for American Progress,

Quote:
Broken down by immigration status, the foreign-born population was composed of 18.6 million naturalized U.S. citizens and 22.1 million noncitizens in 2012. Of the noncitizens, approximately 13.3 million were legal permanent residents, 11.3 million were unauthorized migrants, and 1.9 million were on temporary visas.
A statement about liking Mexico so much, they should go back, is a giveaway of xenophobia.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:22 AM

Quote:
All the above is speculation.

No one expected Reagan to win.

He did -- in a landslide.

The liberals screw everything up, show how much they hate America, and finally people wake up.
Yes, and Romney was supposed to win in a landslide too, at least, according to conservatives.

They were so confident, that this happened:
Boston.com: Private jets line up at Logan as Romney backers arrive in Boston for election night victory party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections