Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 07:54 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Good birther answer. They don't have to, because I'm a birther and I have created my own reality!
I'm not the one creating my own reality. You and others are.

The impressment of American dual citizens into military service for a foreign country before the War of 1812 REALLY happened.

The US State Dept to this day REALLY warns that...

"The country where a dual national is located generally has a stronger claim to that person's allegiance.

...dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 08:05 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not the one creating my own reality. You and others are.

The impressment of American dual citizens into military service for a foreign country before the War of 1812 REALLY happened.

The US State Dept to this day REALLY warns that...

"The country where a dual national is located generally has a stronger claim to that person's allegiance.

dual nationals owe allegiance to
both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there."[
Birther deflection. Get back to me when you can answer this question:

Show me where the SC ever, in any case, made the distinction between a citizen at birth and a natural born citizen.

All your deflection just highlights the fact that there has never been any such distinction made.

Birthers.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:31 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Birther deflection. Get back to me when you can answer this question:

Show me where the SC ever, in any case, made the distinction between a citizen at birth and a natural born citizen.
That's exactly the point. There has been no SCOTUS case determining the difference, so we have to go by what occurred at the Constitutional Convention. The CC rejected the "born a citizen" requirement for POTUS and replaced it with "natural born citizen" after Jay's letter to Washington suggesting the exclusion of foreigners in the POTUS requirement clause. The two terms "born a citizen" and "natural born citizen" are NOT the same, otherwise there'd be no need to reject and replace the originally proposed requirement.

Let me guess... you're one of the MANY who are ignorant of the history preceding the War of 1812 and of the problematic situations dual (or more) born citizens present in regards to international law even to this day according to the US State Dept.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:05 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, 'born a citizen' is NOT the same as 'natural born citizen.' That's why the Constitutional Convention changed the term from the former to the latter in the Constitutional requirement for POTUS after John Jay's letter to Washington stressing the importance of preventing those with foreign allegiance from attaining an executive position within our federal government and being Commander in Chief.

The State Dept explains the problem of being born with dual (or more) nationality:
Dual Nationality

To illustrate the problem being born with dual (or even multiple) nationalities presents, how many of you know that what precipitated the War of 1812 was another country legally claiming born dual citizen Americans' allegiance and impressing them into military service for their country because as foreign citizens as well as Americans, the foreign country had a valid legal right to do so to those American citizens?

What happens when a foreign country similarly impresses a POTUS into service for them, as they most certainly would have the legal right to do under international law?

That's what the Founding Fathers were trying to avoid with the 'natural born citizen' requirement. They wanted POTUS to have no split, dual, or otherwise compromised allegiance from birth.

Pretty simple, really. And extremely reasonable to expect a POTUS to have 100% allegiance to the U.S. from birth, with no competing/conflicting foreign claims on his/her allegiance.
yes i understand all that, but i also understand that federal law allows for children of US citizens to be born outside the country, and still be US citizens. and since at least one of cruz parents is a US citizen, then despite the fact that cruz was born in canada, he is still born a US citizen and thus eligible to be president of this country.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:29 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. The chickens are coming home to roost for Conservatives.

It's all BS, of course, but then, so is all the Obama birther stuff. I have zero pity or empathy for the rightwing candidates who will have to endure this garbage now. But not to worry, these guys are white, so it won't last long, nor will it grow into the cottage industry that the Obama birtherism has become.
Classic

So the fact that Hillary started all the "birther" stuff is lost on you because she is a member of the party you support?

`

Old 11-16-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Classic

So the fact that Hillary started all the "birther" stuff is lost on you because she is a member of the party you support?

`
Well, sure...except that she didn't. Some of her followers briefly dabbled in it, but Hillary never did. And it was the right wingers who really took it and ran with it to the ridiculous degree we see today.

Google PUMAs and educate yourself. Or don't, and continue to be a birther.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Well, sure...except that she didn't. Some of her followers briefly dabbled in it, but Hillary never did. And it was the right wingers who really took it and ran with it to the ridiculous degree we see today.

Google PUMAs and educate yourself. Or don't, and continue to be a birther.
You support Hilary, the original birther.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You support Hilary, the original birther.
Ah, birthers. You can correct them over and over and over again, but it does no good. The next day they return and repeat the same debunked talking points as if they were never addressed.

Here you go. This site has compiled every stupid birther meme ever concocted and debunked them all. It will answer all of your questions.

The Debunker's Guide to Obama Conspiracy Theories

That is, if you truly want your questions answered. In my experience birthers have no interest in truth.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
yes i understand all that, but i also understand that federal law allows for children of US citizens to be born outside the country, and still be US citizens. and since at least one of cruz parents is a US citizen, then despite the fact that cruz was born in canada, he is still born a US citizen and thus eligible to be president of this country.

She was a resident of Canada- so now I can see if flying on a plane or on visit to see the falls- she went into labor- or military- -but she chose to live there - work there and have her home there.
I chose not to have my baby born in Texas and headed back to Fl. at 8/12 mo-- - OK Ok ---the wording mentions if born from an American mom, you are an American no matter why she is over seas.. but presidents are to be on US soil born ....?

Old 11-16-2015, 09:52 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Ah, birthers. You can correct them over and over and over again, but it does no good. The next day they return and repeat the same debunked talking points as if they were never addressed.

Here you go. This site has compiled every stupid birther meme ever concocted and debunked them all. It will answer all of your questions.

The Debunker's Guide to Obama Conspiracy Theories

That is, if you truly want your questions answered. In my experience birthers have no interest in truth.
I don't care where the rock Obama originally crawled out from under is located. Maybe you should send your link to Hillary, the original birther. I hear she has her own server.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections