U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2015, 09:49 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,823,088 times
Reputation: 4381

Advertisements

Sanders, Cruz receive first challenges to New Hampshire candidacy | Concord Monitor

i'm curious what the official response will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2015, 09:57 PM
 
7,328 posts, read 3,994,510 times
Reputation: 9074
Oh, lord spare us from the fools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Status: "It is the nature of grotesque things you canít look away" (set 28 days ago)
 
Location: Old Hippie Heaven
17,988 posts, read 8,117,349 times
Reputation: 10434
Some wannabe looking for his 15 minutes of fame.

I predict the formal legal response to both challenges will be "Go away son, y'bother me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2015, 11:25 PM
 
10,802 posts, read 8,012,763 times
Reputation: 16972
Of all the reasons Cruz will crash and burn, his legitimate citizenship is the least of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2015, 01:44 AM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Of all the reasons Cruz will crash and burn, his legitimate citizenship is the least of them.
No one is challenging his citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2015, 10:36 AM
 
15,367 posts, read 5,679,401 times
Reputation: 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. The chickens are coming home to roost for Conservatives.

It's all BS, of course, but then, so is all the Obama birther stuff. I have zero pity or empathy for the rightwing candidates who will have to endure this garbage now. But not to worry, these guys are white, so it won't last long, nor will it grow into the cottage industry that the Obama birtherism has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2015, 11:51 AM
 
66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. The chickens are coming home to roost for Conservatives.

It's all BS, of course, but then, so is all the Obama birther stuff. I have zero pity or empathy for the rightwing candidates who will have to endure this garbage now. But not to worry, these guys are white, so it won't last long, nor will it grow into the cottage industry that the Obama birtherism has become.
No one is challenging Cruz's citizenship. The assertion is that he's not a 'natural born citizen,' the Constitutional eligibility requirement for POTUS.

For those who don't know, 'born a citizen' is not the same as 'natural born citizen.' That was irrevocably established by the original Constitutional Convention...

The NBC clause as originally presented by Alexander Hamilton in June 1787:

"No person shall be eligible to the office of President of the United States unless he be now a Citizen of one of the States, or hereafter be born a Citizen of the United States."

The NBC clause as adopted in September 1787, and as it exists in the Constitution:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President"

Note the difference: 'born a citizen' does not equal 'natural born Citizen.' The term was specifically changed after John Jay's July 1787 letter to George Washington to block any chance of future Presidents owing allegiance to other foreign nations or having foreign claims on their allegiance since birth from becoming President and Commander of the Military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2015, 12:19 PM
 
32,069 posts, read 16,493,051 times
Reputation: 17190
Again? Can't these people find a hobby or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2015, 12:22 PM
 
15,367 posts, read 5,679,401 times
Reputation: 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No one is challenging Cruz's citizenship. The assertion is that he's not a 'natural born citizen,' the Constitutional eligibility requirement for POTUS.

For those who don't know, 'born a citizen' is not the same as 'natural born citizen.' That was irrevocably established by the original Constitutional Convention...

The NBC clause as originally presented by Alexander Hamilton in June 1787:

"No person shall be eligible to the office of President of the United States unless he be now a Citizen of one of the States, or hereafter be born a Citizen of the United States."

The NBC clause as adopted in September 1787, and as it exists in the Constitution:

"No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President"

Note the difference: 'born a citizen' does not equal 'natural born Citizen.' The term was specifically changed after John Jay's July 1787 letter to George Washington to block any chance of future Presidents owing allegiance to other foreign nations or having foreign claims on their allegiance since birth from becoming President and Commander of the Military.
I've followed birtherism long enough to know all of this. The problem birthers have is that the term "natural born citizen" was never defined in the Constitution. What we do have to go by is case law. And going by established case law, Cruz is a natural born citizen by virtue of his American mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2015, 12:34 PM
 
18,036 posts, read 11,044,182 times
Reputation: 9379
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas. The chickens are coming home to roost for Conservatives.

It's all BS, of course, but then, so is all the Obama birther stuff. I have zero pity or empathy for the rightwing candidates who will have to endure this garbage now. But not to worry, these guys are white, so it won't last long, nor will it grow into the cottage industry that the Obama birtherism has become.
Same here. Where's Orly Taitz and Trump on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top