Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 02:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Democrats have one big problem: Their voters generally aren't concerned or educated enough to get out and vote except for presidential year elections. They may have an easy time winning every four years, but in every other year, Republicans hold the advantage simply because their voters turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Your topic got my interest enough to click onto it and read it, but once I saw where the link is from, I stopped right there and did not open it.

The Washington Post is one of, if not the, most liberal newspaper out there.
Now that's the sign of a low-information, closed-minded voter. I guess if it came from the Washington Times, the story would have been treated as gospel by certain people.

Use your brains, people. Don't judge so quickly based on the source. Read, comprehend, and then think and decide for yourselves.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:05 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, I got it and I agree completely. Democrats don't turn out to vote, especially in the non-presidential years.
That doesn't say much for the Democrats, does it? What the hell kind of political party is this, whose members don't vote?

Old 11-16-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Democrats have one big problem: Their voters generally aren't concerned or educated enough to get out and vote except for presidential year elections. They may have an easy time winning every four years, but in every other year, Republicans hold the advantage simply because their voters turn out.
Maybe. Hillary Clinton may inspire some turnout, but if they didn't have her this cycle who would they have that could bring people out to vote? Bernie Sanders? I doubt it. Those other three guys in the Democrat debate, whose names escape me? No way, no day.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:18 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
That doesn't say much for the Democrats, does it? What the hell kind of political party is this, whose members don't vote?
They are generally younger and more diverse. But I agree with you, there is no excuse not to vote. Apathy is a problem overall, but most especially among Democrats in mid-terms. But then, the GOP is mostly old people who not only were raised with a stronger civic duty, but they've also got nothing else to do all day. It will be interesting to see how turnout between the parties changes as they all die off.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They are generally younger and more diverse. But I agree with you, there is no excuse not to vote. Apathy is a problem overall, but most especially among Democrats in mid-terms. But then, the GOP is mostly old people who not only were raised with a stronger civic duty, but they've also got nothing else to do all day. It will be interesting to see how turnout between the parties changes as they all die off.
They don't vote because they don't know anything about, or care about, politics, most likely. And this is who the Democrats are counting on? And you're just sitting around waiting for people to die off. The whole thing is pretty sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections