Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:02 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,103,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And Trump. I'll even be willing to keep Cruz and Carson in the running if you just get rid of that loon.
God bless you Trump! The majority of Americans want you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 10:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
God bless you Trump! The majority of Americans want you!!!
Um, show proof to uphold that claim.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:37 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Um, show proof to uphold that claim.
Um, show proof that it isn't true if you doubt claim.

Trump is the only candidate now that fills venues with 10s of 1000s. All the rest can barely manage a few hundred. And don't bother mentioning Bernie Sanders. Barely anyone shows up to see him now that they know the DNC Super Delegates will insure that he won't be nominated.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:49 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,103,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Trump is the only candidate now that fills venues with 10s of 1000s. All the rest can barely manage a few hundred. And don't bother mentioning Bernie Sanders. Barely anyone shows up to see him now that they know the DNC Super Delegates will insure that he won't be nominated.
This. The electricity in the room when I saw him in Springfield was amazing. True American patriots in support of their future president!!

Old 11-16-2015, 05:50 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Trump hit upon the crazies in each state. I'll bring up Sanders because you'd clearly expect a red state like Arizona with as many old Republican voters to goto a Trump rally because he speaks of fixing immigration (a precievedd problem in Arizona.) Surprisingly Sanders TRIPPLED Trump's attendance.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
The RNC doesn't get it.

If Trump even THINKS he's being railroaded, he'll run as an independent and destroy the party once and for all.

RIP Republicans.

You chose Wall Street over Main Street, and now you're history.

(By the way, the Democratic Party is cutting its own throat as well.

Hillary is for Wall Street and War -- and couldn't care less about Main Street and ordinary Americans.)

Old 11-16-2015, 07:30 AM

551 posts, read 580,945 times
So much for power to the people. The people don't elect our political leaders, despite the elaborate smoke and mirrors of the election process. Trump won't get the nom- Rubio will. Jeb was supposed to, but was too obvious a flunky. (I personally don't dislike Jeb, but he's no president.) Nobody was buying him. Be prepared for a dramatic "rise" in polling and media attention to Rubio in the next couple months.

Just like Hilary. Even very hard leftists seem to distrust and dislike her, but she's the chosen one. Poor Bernie doesn't stand a chance (which is ultimately a good thing in my opinion, but not fair). Our leaders bought and sold, same old, same old. Either one (Clinton or Rubio) could win, and not disrupt the establishment.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:16 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,834,826 times
The first time I heard this type of logic concerning delegate selection was from the Clinton campaign in 2008 when they complained about the unfairness of Obama running a 50 (or 57 ) state campaign because Obama was winning delegates from states that would not vote for the Democratic party candidate in November.

Although I can sympathize with part of the logic, I think its main weakness is that it starts to make some party members more equal than others. I think that is a dangerous path for either party. Ultimately, I think it would hinder growth in support for the party from those areas that don't currently support the party.

If the goal is to win a national election then I think candidates most have some appeal nationally. From my viewpoint the problem with the last 2 Republican candidates is the may have been moderates, but in the national election they ran to the right. Perhaps they felt they needed to to solidify their base, but in my opinion it lost them to much support from those in the middle, or the those in the purple states. Which I think would be the outcome also if the parties start to favor delegates from states in which they are the strongest.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump hit upon the crazies in each state....
You are going with the "they are crazy because they don't agree with me" argument.

Get back to me when you can address what was said with some logic, fact, and common sense.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:51 AM

The fact of the matter is this.
South Carolina
One more time
South Carolina
If Trump wins that, he will be the nominee that beats King Hillary. If the GOP is stupid enough to pull down boss favors and nominates someone else who doesn't win SC, well.... then they will lose to King Hillary.

Did I say it enough
South Carolina
If Trump doesn't win SC. He will disappear from the political scene.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 11-16-2015 at 10:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections