Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 08:11 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
No one can top obambo's narcissistic behavior these past years or the blind loyalty of his brain dead supporters.
Quoted for truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 01:52 AM

244 posts, read 168,719 times
I would think that all these candates have some sort of narcissistic ways. What president hasnt? Well maybe Jeb doesnt but then again look how thats turning out.

Point is this is a stupid hit piece aimed at Trump.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times
Donald Trump: America's African President - The Daily Show with Trevor Noah Video Clip | Comedy Central

Old 11-17-2015, 04:19 AM

37,182 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree. He is a walking, talking definition of narcissism. I am totally baffled by his supporters blindness to this, much like many of Obama's supporters to his record last election.
Simple - He claims to hate the same people they do. Politicians in the South have been using this tactic for decades.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:54 AM

25,942 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
You gotta wonder though, he couldn't be any worse then a community organizer.
Yes, but we are trying to improve our situation, hopefully that is the intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Of course the fundamental problem with this nonsense coming from Trump's detractors is this.

Apply it to King Hillary, and one finds the ultimate narcissist.

i.e. They hold a hypocritical double standard which makes the entire article moot.
Agree that both Hillary and Trump are overly narcissist. No double standard for me since I do not support either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I know LOL is old fashioned but a magazine called VANITY Fair is talking about narcissism? Have they called in a therapist to "analyze" their readers?

I'm typing this as Trump's speech in Knoxville is streaming in.
There is narcissistic as a personality trait and when it comes over the line, it becomes narcissistic personality disorder: https://www.psychologytoday.com/cond...ality-disorder and if you watch Trump's anger which is over-the-top: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ssist-near-you I fear that his temper would not be healthy when it came to dealing with people and he wasn't winning. The attack on Kasich (though Kasich is a butthead) in the last debate pretty much proved to me that he just is not POTUS material. Every time he gets upset, he goes in a rant about his accomplishments.

But, I still believe that we must defeat Hillary and I'd support Bernie before Hillary. Hillary is corrupt and dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post
I would think that all these candates have some sort of narcissistic ways. What president hasnt? Well maybe Jeb doesnt but then again look how thats turning out.

Point is this is a stupid hit piece aimed at Trump.
Again, healthy narcissism is something that people have and that isn't what is being talked about when it comes to Trump. I supported him and I watched him. Older narcissists have a hard time dealing with aging, harder than most of us. It is worth looking hard at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Simple - He claims to hate the same people they do. Politicians in the South have been using this tactic for decades.
He doesn't claim to hate any people. He has never said that. The only ones that think they heard that are those that are illegal or illegal exploiters/sympathizers. My number one criteria for a candidate is pro-life and next is any candidate that is going to enforce immigration law from the get-go and who has consistently supported removing the incentives and stopping "catch and release".

Old 11-17-2015, 06:08 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
No one can top obambo's narcissistic behavior these past years or the blind loyalty of his brain dead supporters.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing when I read the thread title.

It's SHAMEFUL that Americans want to protect their own borders!

Old 11-17-2015, 07:16 AM

752 posts, read 566,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"I know LOL is old fashioned but a magazine called VANITY Fair is talking about narcissism?"
Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity ... I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
— Ecclesiastes 1:2; 1:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"Actually..... the term vanity fair first appeared in the book The Pilgrim's Progress (1678) ..."
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. — Ecclesiastes 1:9

Old 11-17-2015, 07:45 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Reasons why I support Donald Trump

1. He's an outsider, owned by nobody. The entire American political process has been tainted by lobbyists and special-interest groups. He has the balls to say what many are thinking.

2. Not only does he have executive experience, unlike the current president, but he has private-sector experience, and he's been highly successful with it as well.

3. His stances are anti-globalist, and I consider globalism to be tied with the rise of militant Islam at the top of the list of the biggest threats to American sovereignty.

4. The fact that the media and so many establishment politicians on the left and the right hate him means he has to be doing something right. The right people are threatened by him.

5. I believe that at least 500 of the 538 elected federal officials in Washington DC deserve to burn in Hell for eternity, and voting for Trump is a loud, bellowing "**** you" to all of them.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:47 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Reasons why I support Donald Trump

1. He's an outsider, owned by nobody. The entire American political process has been tainted by lobbyists and special-interest groups. He has the balls to say what many are thinking.

2. Not only does he have executive experience, unlike the current president, but he has private-sector experience, and he's been highly successful with it as well.

3. His stances are anti-globalist, and I consider globalism to be tied with the rise of militant Islam at the top of the list of the biggest threats to American sovereignty.

4. The fact that the media and so many establishment politicians on the left and the right hate him means he has to be doing something right. The right people are threatened by him.

5. I believe that at least 500 of the 538 elected federal officials in Washington DC deserve to burn in Hell for eternity, and voting for Trump is a loud, bellowing "**** you" to all of them.

I think that sums up where the majority of his support is coming from.

Old 11-17-2015, 08:53 AM

752 posts, read 566,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
"I agree. He is a walking, talking definition of narcissism. I am totally baffled by his supporters blindness to this, much like many of Obama's supporters to his record last election."
I'm baffled by the inability of Republicans/conservatives, presumably former Bush supporters, to grasp the dynamic at work. Try to set aside your partisan/ideological biases and evaluate the situation objectively. The previous executive's time in office coincided with highest number of military casualties since Vietnam and the steepest economic decline since the Great Depression. Rightly or wrongly, the public has no appetite for significant military losses when the justification is unclear (or turns out to be erroneous), and it holds the president accountable for the state of the economy. With respect to said metrics, was the country, to paraphrase one former candidate, better off in 2012 than it was in 2008? Anyone with even a shred of intellectual honesty would have to answer in the affirmative. So whether the pace of the progress seemed frustratingly slow, is it so difficult to understand the public's reluctance to reinstate the party that presided over the preceding disasters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections