Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 08:07 PM

449 posts, read 495,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So your solution is to curtail religious freedom and throw aside the right to a warranted search where due process is afforded?

Please don't call yourself a Conservative, you're anything but....

The founders drafted the Constitution to protect the minority from the whims of the majority and mob rule, which is what you are advocating.

That's exactly right we need to defend and preserve the constitution both from extremist liberals and phony "conservatives".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 08:09 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
That's exactly right we need to defend and preserve the constitution both from extremist liberals and phony "conservatives".
Pretty much everything right-wingers stand for is un-American so...

Supporting Trump's blatantly unconstitutional idea is just icing on the cake.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:09 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Don’t get your panties all in a bunch. This was a conversation on a rope line while he was autographing stuff. It is not a position paper. I have no problem shutting down hate mongering mosques. Issuing IDs to each and every individual Muslim won’t do anything. I am all for profiling and if you think it is not going on already you are fooling yourself. To the extent that the French police fails to identify the terrorists is because they are not watching Muslim neighborhoods more. Nothing is going on St. Tropez.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:10 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You're saying things that we already know...

Why don't you comment on his proposed witch hunt against an entire class of people over their religious affiliations, or his proposed assault on both 1st and 4th Amendment Constitutional rights?

Or doesn't that kind of thing bother you?
I respect your values of protecting our rights. But there are times when a free country takes away certain peoples freedoms. Like during WWII when Japanese citizens were monitored and placed in special communities until the war was over. Was it unconstitutional to monitor and detain those Japanese citizens?

When your a citizen or a group in a country, the citizen and group must be loyal to that country (and be willing to make sacrifices for the country's overall safety and security.)

Trump was not talking about bombing Muslim countries, imprisoning Muslim citizens, or deporting Muslim citizens. He was simply talking about giving special ID's and surveillance to a group of citizens who are a threat to America.

While I was just reading another thread I realized a way today's radical Muslims could kill vast numbers of Americans (and it scares me.)

Personally I never insult Islam, Mohammad, or the Quran. And I also deeply respect Muslim countries, love Muslim women, and feel the Muslim men I come in contact with are strait up men. But I think Trump's plan is a good idea. Trump's plan is more civilized than saying lets bomb Muslim countries, and its more civilized than angry American citizens going out and harassing Muslims.

Trump's plan would also lessen America's present paranoia, lessen hatred towards Muslims, lessen Americans fear of Muslims, and lessen American dreams of bombing Muslim nations. And the only way American Muslims would be hurt by this is having a different drivers licence and their names being inside a computer. Is that too large of a sacrifice for American Muslims to make to keep America happy, stable, and safe?

And today its Muslims bomb us, and then we bomb them (and this repeats itself over and over), and that hurts Muslim countries and America. It also hurts that thing called America, a place where black, white, South American, Asian, and Muslim people all live together, while we share in each others culture, religion, and way of life.

And all Americans (including Muslims) would be better off giving special ID's and monitoring American Muslims. Then white, black, South American, and Asian Americans could have a chance to relax (and then everyone have civilized conversations with American Muslims about how so many of them want to kill all of humanity.)

Last edited by chad3; 11-19-2015 at 08:19 PM..

Old 11-19-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Don’t get your panties all in a bunch. This was a conversation on a rope line while he was autographing stuff. It is not a position paper. I have no problem shutting down hate mongering mosques. Issuing IDs to each and every individual Muslim won’t do anything. I am all for profiling and if you think it is not going on already you are fooling yourself. To the extent that the French police fails to identify the terrorists is because they are not watching Muslim neighborhoods more. Nothing is going on St. Tropez.

Most terrorist and mass violent crimes in the US are committed by white males, so you must be supportive of profiling white males?

Study: White Extremists More Dangerous Than Islamists Since 9/11

Sen. Sherrod Brown: 'Generally white males' to blame for terrorist at - KMOV.com

Old 11-19-2015, 08:15 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
Most terrorist and mass violent crimes in the US are committed by white males, so you must be supportive of profiling white males?

Study: White Extremists More Dangerous Than Islamists Since 9/11

Sen. Sherrod Brown: 'Generally white males' to blame for terrorist at - KMOV.com
It is not just white. It is white+X+Y+Z and like it or not FBI does it everyday. In fact, they have professional profilers. I know you want to conflate school shootings with terrorism but that is not what we are talking about here and you know it.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:16 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,413,273 times
Sorry Chad, we're not going to shred the Constitution just to ease your irrational fears.

Even 9/11 didn't lead to such ridiculous proposals.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:19 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Trump doubled down later saying he would "definitely" have a database for Muslims and require them to register. He deflected when asked how this was different from the Nazis requiring Jews to register. If the media does its job and Americans have any sense of what this country stands for, this will be the end of Trump.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:21 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Profiling, yes, wearing a special ID, laughable.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It is not just white. It is white+X+Y+Z and like it or not FBI does it everyday. In fact, they have professional profilers. I know you want to conflate school shootings with terrorism but that is not what we are talking about here and you know it.
It's actually not even school shootings, its actual acts of politically motivated terrorist acts and crime. It's just that it doesn't get much news coverage.

Recently there was a white man (I think in Oklahoma), that tried to bomb the NAACP building and was luckily thwarted.

White people are biggest terror threat in the US, report finds | Americas | News | The Independent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections