U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 04:45 PM

13,964 posts, read 10,757,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Trump on immigration is the best thing Republican have. He tells it like it is and won't back down because of political correctness.

if you want the same cr@p, vote for Jeb.
Nah, I want a candidate that actually believes what he's saying on principle, and isn't just saying it because he thinks it will impress the guy living down yonder in two bolted together single-wides down by the river.

Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. Those are real conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 04:47 PM

11,267 posts, read 13,107,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Special IDs for those of a special religion? There's a historical precedent, IIRC.

Maybe Trump can use some sweatshop in China to make jackets with a star and crescent on the left breast pocket for a quick ID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Yup. Don't know if you've lost someone
close to you in a terrorist attack but I have. Quite a few
actually.
That explains why you're not thinking about this rationally or logically.
Quote:
he other thing to remember is that nobody says this would be forever. I
wouldn't support it indefinitely.I would support something like this until things were deemed to be secure or
stabilized.We've done it before and when things blew over we went back to business as
usual.Or maybe I'm wrong. Do we still have camps with the rounded up Japanese from
WWII?
Do you think rounding up all the Japanese Americans out of fear was right?

10,606 posts, read 4,380,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm not above "monitoring" institutions that purvey a message of hate, but Trumps rhetoric goes far beyond that.
In what way? What specific actions has he proposed that you object to?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:49 PM

Quote:
That explains why you're not thinking about this rationally or logically.

Do you think rounding up all the Japanese Americans out of fear was right?
Trump has proposed putting all Muslims in camps?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Trump's victory would save America $5 trillion dollars.

Whats better A. or B. ?

a.) $5 trillion dollars added to our national debt.
b.) I have a special ID and I'm in databases.

My answer: Give me the special ID and put me in the database (that's $5 trillion f.ing dollars off America's debt.)
Option A.

Please gawd, I really hope that some of you only treat politics as a spectator's sport and don't actually exercise your right to vote.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:51 PM

33,025 posts, read 19,983,761 times
No one is going to the internment camp. Relax. Talking about fear. sheesh

Old 11-19-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
This is literally what Hitler did. People defending Trump on this are neo nazi trash. It's amazing how slyly it starts, no? If Trumps numbers don't drop after this, you will finally be able to easily see how the Nazis rose in Germany. Never thought we'd see it in America though.
The support that Trump has seems unshakeable. He can literally say anything and his goons will lovingly eat it up or, at the very least, enthusiastically ignore it or make excuses for him.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:53 PM

20,093 posts, read 12,054,534 times
Watching on the news what I already know. The Isis is really one huge gang. They are cast aways disifranchized angry young men. The recruiting is about validation and worth to in this case the name is religion . You put them side by side with MS 13 they are gangbangers with basic agendas but different methods. They hate white and Christians because they are the ones who they feel oppress them the most. Now I this is coming from those who are being recruited from France or UK/ US etc. those living withiin the west mentality. The locals just darned starved and threatened turtured etc . Most of these young men must die, but we need to stop the reproduction of the next generation.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Nah, I want a candidate that actually believes what he's saying on principle, and isn't just saying it because he thinks it will impress the guy living down yonder in two bolted together single-wides down by the river.

Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. Those are real conservatives.
I'd rather have a candidate trying to impress ordinary people than one who mainly wants to impress elite media and big money donors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or