U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 03:10 PM

401 posts, read 226,294 times

Advertisements

Trump is likely to be the GOP nominee, hes led the pols since entering the race, but he probably cant win the general, his lack of support from minorities will doom his ability to swing some purple states to red, and without doing that he cant win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 05:09 PM

44,352 posts, read 17,716,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Trump is likely to be the GOP nominee, hes led the pols since entering the race, but he probably cant win the general, his lack of support from minorities will doom his ability to swing some purple states to red, and without doing that he cant win.
What minorities?

Only African Americans block vote and even among them, support for Hillary Clinton is at 80% vs 95% for Obama.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:24 PM

21,232 posts, read 14,256,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Down but not "collapsed".

2016 National Republican Primary - Polls - HuffPost Pollster

Jeb's been on a long steady decline since Trump entered the race.
I think Jeb is toast. Rubio is now the establishment candidate, and I'm pretty sure that's where he will be for the rest of the campaign.

Does that mean Rubio will be the nominee? I dunno, but I don't think so now. I think Trump will be their guy, against the establishment's will. Unlike Ron Paul and the others who have come before, Trump is totally bulletproof in public opinion; those who like him will go all the way, as will those who don't like him. And he has enough money to raise hell with the special interests if they try to get in his way.

Karl Rove et.al. do not want Trump chewing on his behind. None of the special interest's leaders want that. At all.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:27 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,498,388 times
Default Predictable

The GOP will not allow a black man to head the ticket, or even be on it. Carson is an idiot, but he certainly made money and gained some exposure for his book.

Trump is just as pathetic and will soon flame out as well.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:57 PM

66,161 posts, read 33,583,941 times

Ted Cruz is a firm tie with "The Donald"
The Donald has a majority voting for him, not affiliated or registered with the Republican Party. Donald may get 30%, but that mean 70% are not going to be voting for him.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:02 AM

34,598 posts, read 33,579,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
In 3 to 5 weeks when the news stops talking about the Paris attacks Rubio will be top of the polls right now the loudest talker about taking on Isis and not allowing Syrian's into the US is top of the polls but wait Trump with be 2nd again soon enough
That's what Rubio is good at - talking. It's the "doing" that's non-existent.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:27 AM

34,598 posts, read 33,579,817 times
In the Bloomberg poll they pit Carson against Trump:

Carson: Better temperament, cares about people like you, work most effectively with Congress, right values, most honest and trustworthy

Trump: Knows most about how to get things done, better at managing economy, do more to solve illegal immigration, best to combat Islamic terrorism, best at dealing with Putin, most appropriate life experience to be President.

I don't see Carson losing his distinct voters who value those things about him. The percentages were big for each of the two above. I don't see Trump getting Carson's voters anymore than I see Carson getting Trump's voters. Their voters prize different things in a candidate. In other words, I think they would be wasting their time trying to take each other out because neither would gain from it.

Then in the same poll they pit Rubio against Cruz.

That was a different story altogether. Rubio and Cruz are more evenly matched, numbers wise compared to Carson/Trump who very distinctively (wide margins) won their qualities. The two lawyer/senators are tied (within margin of error) on the economy, terror, life experience and knows how to get things done. As long as they both stay in the race, I don't think they are going anywhere poll-wise.

Old 11-21-2015, 12:55 AM

2,888 posts, read 4,689,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
I don't know but I can easily see Trump beating Hillary in Florida if he is ultimately the republican nominee. I can also see him winning in Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, and even New York.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:22 AM

29,711 posts, read 16,469,939 times
The fact that Carson's supporters seem to be walking away gives me a tad bit more faith in the american voter.

He may be a nice guy but he knows too little about politics to be the leader of the free world.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:42 AM

6,355 posts, read 5,435,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The fact that Carson's supporters seem to be walking away gives me a tad bit more faith in the american voter.

He may be a nice guy but he knows too little about politics to be the leader of the free world.

Ben Carson was the topic of this morning's "Seventh Day Atheist" podcast. Give it a listen. It is very enlightening about Seventh Day Adventists and their political attitudes. For the most part, up until quite recently, they were pretty much considered apolitical folks. The hosts also discussed the interesting question of how can you trust a President who subscribes to a faith that believes the end of the world is "eminent" to make sound decisions affecting the country? How a President who subscribes to a faith that is so very anti-Catholic have a sound working relationship with the Pope? And the GC attitudes on allowing women to be ordained and hold high office. Will he thwart his faith and consider women for positions in his administration? And the "odd" things he says, they point out, may sound bizarre to "regular" folks, but is the norm for most Adventists they know. The two ladies who host these weekly podcasts were former Seventh Day Adventists themselves, as was my DH. He enjoys listening every week, because they bring up topics and trials he's dealt with in his life as a result of his SDA upbringing. And do their fair share of making fun of it (which he really enjoys).

My favorite part of today's podcast was when they played "guess the quotes"...quotes made by Ted Kaczynski, the Unibomber and Ben Carson, and listeners are asked to guess "which one said it". You may be really surprised!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or