U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:04 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,329 posts, read 33,652,276 times
Reputation: 14193

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Cruz shut the government down, his plan had zero chance to work out for him, and he did it anyway cause the stunt gave him press coverage to help further his political career, and the dupes that vote Republican just eat it up.
Dupes.


Yep, and the Republicans took the Senate, following that spectacular performance.
Some talk the talk, but very few walk the walk as Ted has.
I didn't send him there to make friends and be all buddy buddy. That is what got us where we are today, with less Liberty and more destruction of the Constitution, than ever before in this nations history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:04 PM
 
5,382 posts, read 2,189,405 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Cruz shut the government down, his plan had zero chance to work out for him, and he did it anyway cause the stunt gave him press coverage to help further his political career, and the dupes that vote Republican just eat it up.
Dupes.

Again, Dear low information voter. Congress, much less a single Senator CANNOT SHUT DOWN the Federal Government. THEY/HE do not have Constitutional authority. ONLY THE PRESIDENT has the authority to shut down government, which is what Obama did because he didn't get his way.

Dupe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:09 PM
 
401 posts, read 226,586 times
Reputation: 219
Do you blame the parents when one of the snot-nosed rugrats throws a tantrum?
Cruz shut down the government.
And he'll try and do it again, the fedgov needs to pass spending bills by Dec 11, or face another shut down. Cruz is going to try and defund Planned Parenthood(an illegal act by the feds) despite the fact that Obama has said he will not sign a bill that includes such specifics.
Will another shut hurt or help Cruz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:10 PM
 
15,366 posts, read 5,691,432 times
Reputation: 11512
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Again, Dear low information voter. Congress, much less a single Senator CANNOT SHUT DOWN the Federal Government. THEY/HE do not have Constitutional authority. ONLY THE PRESIDENT has the authority to shut down government, which is what Obama did because he didn't get his way.

Dupe.
Keep telling yourself that. But Raffie knows he did it and he is proud of it. In fact, he is so proud he wants to do it again. Too bad he will probably be thwarted by his own party. They know his last shutdown accomplished absolutely nothing except made them look bad. His own party hates him probably more than they hate the Democrats. And that's saying something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,095 posts, read 12,064,070 times
Reputation: 8726
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Congress cannot shut down the government. Only the President can do that.
Yea. The budget must be approved first. Go back to class. We are still in a CR and the govt agencies still could go home come Dec 11. Facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:13 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,846,323 times
Reputation: 23216
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Do you blame the parents when one of the snot-nosed rugrats throws a tantrum?
Cruz shut down the government.
And he'll try and do it again, the fedgov needs to pass spending bills by Dec 11, or face another shut down. Cruz is going to try and defund Planned Parenthood(an illegal act by the feds) despite the fact that Obama has said he will not sign a bill that includes such specifics.
Will another shut hurt or help Cruz?
The only illegal act concerning planned parenthood was using any taxpayer money to fund it in the first place. Read the constitution. Funding planned parenthood is not included in it.

Congress needs to get back to the fundamentals of what the constitution allows them to tax the people to do. Social programs are not included. That is why our government is not working. Our congress is borrowing money to pay for things our constitution does not allow.

Unfortunately for Ted Cruz, our constitution does not allow for him to legally run for president either and I don't care who says otherwise. I read the constitution. Have you read it? Evidently Ted Cruz hasn't.

Last edited by NCN; 11-20-2015 at 06:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,095 posts, read 12,064,070 times
Reputation: 8726
Back to Cruz. He is like the old arrogant Cubans with anger issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:17 PM
 
5,382 posts, read 2,189,405 times
Reputation: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Do you blame the parents when one of the snot-nosed rugrats throws a tantrum?
Cruz shut down the government.
And he'll try and do it again, the fedgov needs to pass spending bills by Dec 11, or face another shut down. Cruz is going to try and defund Planned Parenthood(an illegal act by the feds) despite the fact that Obama has said he will not sign a bill that includes such specifics.
Will another shut hurt or help Cruz?

Low information AND incapable of accepting reality. I see why you are an Obama apologist. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:19 PM
 
401 posts, read 226,586 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The only illegal act concerning planned parenthood was using any taxpayer money to fund it in the first place. Read the constitution. Funding planned parenthood is not included in it.

Congress needs to get back to the fundamentals of what the constitution allows them to tax the people to do. Social programs are not included. That is why our government is not working.
They cant take funding away from a legitimate provider of health care services without good cause...if they do, PP will sue and they will win and they will get all the money they were going to get in the form of damages. You do believe in the rule of law, dont you?
The concept of the feds providing social services has been to SCOTUS multiple times, you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2015, 06:22 PM
 
401 posts, read 226,586 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Low information AND incapable of accepting reality. I see why you are an Obama apologist. Carry on.
Please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!, for the love of Snickers, STOP quoting Rush Limbaugh to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top