Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, this is the interview

"Should there be a database system here that tracks the Muslims in this country?" he asked.

Trump's response: "There should be a lot of systems. Beyond databases, I mean, there should be a lot of systems. And today you can do it. But right now we have to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall. And we cannot let what is happening to this country happen."

The other day, I watched a CCTV (Chinese news resource) program, I can understand a little Chinese. The chinese believe that they should learn a lesson from the French terrorist attack by keeping terrorists outside their country. (border control)

I think Trump was talking about "we have to have a border" not necessarily Muslim database. I could be wrong. I would like to hear Trump's plan of Muslim database. I am sure I am in many database, gun owner database, Agatha Christie fan mailing list, lol etc.
In all fairness! quote the rest of it where he says he will use good management to force Muslims to register. He clearly supported registering people based on their religion until it got him in hot water. He has no respect for the Constitution or our heritage. Stop trying to defend this anti-American values POS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2015, 02:04 PM

401 posts, read 287,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
What he said in Alabama today made this entire thread obsolete. Before coming here and posting outdated stuff first watch the news.
Because politicians always say exactly what they mean.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Old 11-21-2015, 02:57 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,603,975 times
Trump was obviously talking about illegal immigration in his answer, though the reporter tried to twist it into a statement on Muslim American citizens.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:07 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,530 times
Amazing just how obtuse and foolish the o'baggers are making themselves look in this and the other threads. What's sad is they don't even realize it.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:09 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
I'm pretty sure the NSA has a database on everybody anyway, so this is really much ado about nothing. If they come in to the country legally, they will be in the database. Their religion and country of origin will likely be included, and if we need to filter for that at some point in the future we will be able to.

Also as has been pointed out already, the rhetoric about a database was interjected by the media not by Trump. He might have fallen for the trap in this case but it is of no importance since we have a database on everybody anyway.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I'm pretty sure the NSA has a database on everybody anyway, so this is really much ado about nothing. If they come in to the country legally, they will be in the database. Their religion and country of origin will likely be included, and if we need to filter for that at some point in the future we will be able to.

Also as has been pointed out already, the rhetoric about a database was interjected by the media not by Trump. He might have fallen for the trap in this case but it is of no importance since we have a database on everybody anyway.
Who is maintaining an illegal database on all Americans, and when did this start?

Old 11-21-2015, 03:25 PM

35,660 posts, read 21,025,987 times
When your mom registered you for a social security number and birth certificate ????

Old 11-21-2015, 03:35 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Who is maintaining an illegal database on all Americans, and when did this start?
NSA. I don't know, sometime after the Patriot act was enacted, I suppose. Been all over the news for years now.

Old 11-21-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
When your mom registered you for a social security number and birth certificate ????
Thats not what Trump meant, but you knew that. I guess if you guys want to build files on all the refugees have at it. The FBI needs to hire thousands of agents to handle the case load they have now, I'm sure 25,000+ more will be able to surveil a few thousand refugees.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:01 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Thats not what Trump meant, but you knew that. I guess if you guys want to build files on all the refugees have at it. The FBI needs to hire thousands of agents to handle the case load they have now, I'm sure 25,000+ more will be able to surveil a few thousand refugees.
We already do that. They go through an extensive vetting process. My non-refugee immigrant friends and coworkers had to submit hundreds of pages of paperwork, health exams, fingerprints, etc.

The extremist Muslim-hating right won't be content until every last Muslim in the US is rounded up, put in a camp, and forced to wear a yellow crescent on their arms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections