U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 08:26 PM

12,359 posts, read 7,720,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Celebrating an attack on America may have been a big deal in 2001 but what BLM and other libs say and do everyday these days make “cheering” for 9/11 non event.
A dozen kids ages 12 to 14 is a non event. That's what was documented at cheering after the towers got hit. Links provided earlier.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:51 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,141,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

BTW, you won't find coverage of this stuff in the media because these minor arguments and scuffles (people yelling at each other for example) were extremely localized and not likely to have reporters around to document it.
What?

These are Trump's own words:

Quote:
Now, I know they donít like to talk about it, but it was well covered at the time.
According to you, the media doesn't touch stories like that. According to Trump, it was "well covered."

Which is it?

If, according to you, one "won't find coverage of this stuff in the media," how did Trump see it?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:58 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,141,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I recorded the events of 911 on that fateful day.
All of the recordings are on vhs tapes.
I started recording just before the second plane hit the tower, and continued for many hours.
I have not played those tapes in a long time, but seems I remember Peter Jennings made mention of "factions within the Arab community in Jersey" were cheering the collapse of the trade center buildings.
I will dig the tapes out of storage, and see if I can find the direct passage.
I also need to do some work on my old vhs player because I stopped using it years ago when it started eating tapes.
I will do my best to somehow get the information that Peter stated concerning this incident.
It has been a while, and may take me a while to search those tapes.
Great.

Just call up your local news station and let them know you believe you have video evidence that supports Trump's claim. I'm sure they would be happy to use their machines, that don't eat tapes, to check it out.

Seriously, you might have some very important pieces of media that the nation needs to see!

Old 11-27-2015, 10:34 PM

5,560 posts, read 7,472,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Great.

Just call up your local news station and let them know you believe you have video evidence that supports Trump's claim. I'm sure they would be happy to use their machines, that don't eat tapes, to check it out.

Seriously, you might have some very important pieces of media that the nation needs to see!
That is a brilliant idea.
I never gave that a thought.
I will contact them over the weekend.
Thanks.

Bob.

Old 11-27-2015, 11:09 PM

3,228 posts, read 4,188,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
I saw the videos of those Arab celebrations. It wasn't formal marches with hundreds of people, but it was clear that everyone was overjoyed, clapping and laughing. I remember Jersey City. The TV station said that. I'm not sure if I saw video footage of this happening in NYC. I saw those videos only on one day, and I am pretty sure it was on 9/11 itself. I never saw these videos again, and was outraged that the media or government saw to it that they never ran again. I guess they refused to show it on network news. It only saw it locally. I was outraged. I only know what I saw. I don't know how the masses of Arabs in their homes were reacting. Maybe not well. But don't be so quick to call Trump names. He took a really big chance in bringing this out. It shows a lot more guts than Bush. I would bet that the rats who run the NRC will call him a liar...even if they know he could be right.
I remember the same BRIEF coverage. And I remember the dearth of substantial information, after that day. Suddenly, we were supposed to be all about prayer at the flagpole, and hugs, and other stupid stuff, rather than taking action. Of course, Bushypoo was flying the Perps' families back to the Land of Oil, and didn't give a rat' sass about dead Americans, or the American taxpayers paying for the planes flying the Perps' families to safety. Suddenly, we were ALL being punished - ALL having our freedoms abridged, because of what had been done by people who were NOT AMERICANS, and who should never have been allowed into the country.

The "managing" of information following that tragedy was very much like the "managing" of information following Hurricane Katrina. The truths coming out of New Orleans did not fit the picture that we're "supposed to see". I know a lot of people in and around New Orleans, most of them 'connected', in one way or another - people ranging from cops to surgeons to the Sicilian families who own much of the city - people positioned to know what actually happened. For years following Katrina, they were livid, that the truth was being repackaged, erased - even REVERSED, as in the case of the people of Algiers Point, who successfully barricaded their neighborhood against looters, but who were subsequently victims of a massive fabricated campaign of lies. And the horrible things reported live, as happening in the Superdome, really DID happen. But they didn't fit the Official Picture of the World, as we're supposed to see it. And so now, you'd be hard-pressed to find much of anything about the bodies or the rapes or the attempted massacres.

It actually seems predictable, that 'unseemly' stories about what happened on that fateful day in the New York Megalopolis would be repackaged and erased. We're all supposed to be holdeeeeeeeen hands, embraceeeeeeeeeen diversity, practiceeeeeeeen tolerance.... We're not supposed to acknowledge reality. Apparently, we're not even supposed to remember things we're not supposed to remember.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:14 AM

14,269 posts, read 15,856,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Not to side track this thread, but it's random statements like this in our internet day and age, that continue to make me shudder.

Anyone that does even a simple online search would find that, in fact, there is plenty of evidence to link Oswald to the crime as a lone killer.
I agree. It only shows that some people are grasping at straws to support a false statement. It's no different from the entire Birth Certificate conspiracy. Remember Orly Taitz? We all have a tendency to hear a story on the news and run with it. Remember Ashley Todd? Even I believed that a young campaign worker was attacked. I mean, why in the world would a 20 year old college student carve her own face?

Even if someone has a VHS tape showing Peter Jennings saying there were "alleged" celebrations, it means very little. In 1996 everyone was sure Richard Jewell was the bomber in Atlanta. Do I believe there could have been some people, (not only Muslims) who figured the United States deserved to be attacked? Yes, I do. But I doubt if anyone would openly celebrate such a terrible event, considering the shock and horror of the local communities.

The police reported that they received calls about celebrations and none were confirmed. There were also individuals questioned and released. We have statements from several officials who were on duty that day who all say Trump is lying. Yet people still insist his statement was true. Trump also said in another speech that Obama was allowing 250,000 Syrian refugees to enter the U.S. So he was only off by 240,000. Yet so many here say his gross exaggerations are only figures of speech.

To be honest, I'm surprised this thread is still active.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-28-2015 at 12:34 AM.. Reason: fix typo

Old 11-28-2015, 02:22 AM

9,832 posts, read 7,649,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I remember the same BRIEF coverage. And I remember the dearth of substantial information, after that day. Suddenly, we were supposed to be all about prayer at the flagpole, and hugs, and other stupid stuff, rather than taking action. Of course, Bushypoo was flying the Perps' families back to the Land of Oil, and didn't give a rat' sass about dead Americans, or the American taxpayers paying for the planes flying the Perps' families to safety. Suddenly, we were ALL being punished - ALL having our freedoms abridged, because of what had been done by people who were NOT AMERICANS, and who should never have been allowed into the country.

The "managing" of information following that tragedy was very much like the "managing" of information following Hurricane Katrina. The truths coming out of New Orleans did not fit the picture that we're "supposed to see". I know a lot of people in and around New Orleans, most of them 'connected', in one way or another - people ranging from cops to surgeons to the Sicilian families who own much of the city - people positioned to know what actually happened. For years following Katrina, they were livid, that the truth was being repackaged, erased - even REVERSED, as in the case of the people of Algiers Point, who successfully barricaded their neighborhood against looters, but who were subsequently victims of a massive fabricated campaign of lies. And the horrible things reported live, as happening in the Superdome, really DID happen. But they didn't fit the Official Picture of the World, as we're supposed to see it. And so now, you'd be hard-pressed to find much of anything about the bodies or the rapes or the attempted massacres.

It actually seems predictable, that 'unseemly' stories about what happened on that fateful day in the New York Megalopolis would be repackaged and erased. We're all supposed to be holdeeeeeeeen hands, embraceeeeeeeeeen diversity, practiceeeeeeeen tolerance.... We're not supposed to acknowledge reality. Apparently, we're not even supposed to remember things we're not supposed to remember.

I'm shocked SHOCKED to see another poster (likely a right-winger, given his anti-minority rhetoric) claiming he saw this elusive footage of celebrating Muslims on 9/11.

So let me get this straight--you, Trump and his adoring fans all saw this footage live as it happened, but it was erased from existence and that's why it hasn't resurfaced? Is that the official conspiracy theory?

If that's the case, why wasn't the famous and widely circulated footage of celebrating Palestinians also erased from history? I could look it up on Youtube right now if I wanted to. Why is that footage still widely available, but not the alleged footage from New Jersey?

This isn't a clown car, it's a traveling circus.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:29 AM

44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times
Fascination those who simultaneously hold Trump accountable for making statement over what he saw.... all while completely ignoring Hillary Clinton's statements over the Email Server and Benghazi.

They hold Trump responsible for the most minute of things, even to the point of calling him unelectable, all while giving Hillary Clinton a clear pass over much more serious and damaging accusations to America and don't want to talk about it.

Partisanship at it's finest.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:32 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,110,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Partisanship at it's finest.
there are several other GOP candidates worthy of our time and consideration over the clown - I couldn't care less about the clintons

Old 11-28-2015, 04:46 AM

44,344 posts, read 17,721,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
there are several other GOP candidates worthy of our time and consideration over the clown -
Yet, you only make posts in Elections about Trump, 100s of them. I don't see where you have said much of any thing about any other candidate. If so, where are they if you consider Trump a clown?

People say many things about themselves, but it's their actions that tell the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or