U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:15 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,825,235 times
Reputation: 4381

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
... the fact is, there were, indeed, people celebrating after the 9/11 attacks...which liberals are trying to claim never happened.
who's making that claim? have you read thru this thread? the reports of small groups of celebrates has been brought up repeatedly.

these reports contradict, not validate, trump's claim.

 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:18 PM
 
12,853 posts, read 6,163,208 times
Reputation: 10722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's the Trumplets who can't let it go. I can accept the fact that he lied about the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS and move on.


But ya'll keep trying to dig up evidence to turn his lie into the truth.


Good Luck.
Really? You say you accepted it yet you are still posting in this thread. If you truly accepted it, you would have moved on already.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Out West
22,576 posts, read 16,717,234 times
Reputation: 26128
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
who's making that claim? have you read thru this thread? the reports of small groups of celebrates has been brought up repeatedly.

these reports contradict, not validate, trump's claim.
Seriously? Look at who I quoted when I provided the evidence that it happened. I am not going to hold your hand while you figure out how to use a forum.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,471 posts, read 9,344,483 times
Reputation: 6640
What is the current meme - that "thousands and thousands" of Muslims were celebrating "in New Jersey", that it was captured on film, and that for some nefarious reason(s) the footage was hidden or destroyed?
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:24 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,825,235 times
Reputation: 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Seriously? Look at who I quoted when I provided the evidence that it happened. I am not going to hold your hand while you figure out how to use a forum.
the claim i was questioning was yours:

"...which liberals are trying to claim never happened". do you have support for this claim?

i'm not questioning the washington post report. we've already posted about it and other such reports in this thread!. there is no argument that there were small groups of celebrators ..... not trump's "thousands and thousands" in new jersey.

read the thread first and get up to date.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:25 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,825,235 times
Reputation: 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What is the current meme - that "thousands and thousands" of Muslims were celebrating "in New Jersey", that it was captured on film, and that for some nefarious reason(s) the footage was hidden or destroyed?
that's what trump's campaign is claiming.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,471 posts, read 9,344,483 times
Reputation: 6640
What we have here is some sort of logical fallacy going on. Trump made a specific claim about "thousands and thousands" of Muslims cheering in New Jersey. His defenders are backing him up by showing footage and news reports of celebrations in other parts of the world. Or reports there were a few (a number in the single digits?) malcontents celebrating in New Jersey. I think their tactic is called a "straw man".


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Somewhere flat in Mississippi
9,471 posts, read 9,344,483 times
Reputation: 6640
Thousands and thousands of Martians landed in my backyard last night. I saw it. Prove I didn't.
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:39 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,825,235 times
Reputation: 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I think their tactic is called a "straw man".
the recent "straw man" argument comes in when people claim "liberals/dems are claiming that no muslims celebrated". nobody has made that claim ( as far as i know ). the claim has always been " there was not thousands and thousands of muslims celebrating the fall of the WTC in new jersey on 9/11".
 
Old 12-03-2015, 03:42 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,825,235 times
Reputation: 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Thousands and thousands of Martians landed in my backyard last night. I saw it. Prove I didn't.
i have seen a parallel to grover's mill, new jersey circa 1938.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top