Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 07:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
And yes evangelical Christians are still a huge factor and give a lot of support to Trump.
Yes, that's why I mentioned it. He's a misogynist billionaire who marries young models and calls other women ugly. He once said he'd date Ivanka if she weren't his daughter.

In fairness to the Family Values summit I mentioned in my earlier post, most people who attended said they couldn't take Trump seriously. I need to share this, since even the most dedicated Trump supporter has to laugh at this statement:

The Family Research Council presumably told Donald Trump that their event was dedicated to putting God back in the Oval Office, but Trump apparently didn’t get the memo that when they said “God,” they didn’t mean him.

[url=http://americablog.com/2015/09/donald-trump-didnt-make-much-sense-at-the-values-voter-summit-but-he-didnt-have-to.html]Donald Trump didn't make much sense at the Values Voter Summit, but he didn't have to - AMERICAblog News[/url]

Old 11-24-2015, 08:04 PM

587 posts, read 379,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
I haven't watched any of the GOP debates, but could someone tell me if "family values" was one of the issues covered; and if so for how extensively in comparison to other issues?
I watched the first debates, the third one I had the TV on but I missed a lot of parts

They haven't really covered family values. It has been mostly about debt, foreign affairs, experience and taxes

Old 11-24-2015, 08:07 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
I watched the first debates, the third one I had the TV on but I missed a lot of parts

They haven't really covered family values. It has been mostly about debt, foreign affairs, experience and taxes
Thanks.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:16 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
Quote:

But that's not the point justNancy is making. The point is - why are these seemingly morals-based demographics supporting Trump when he clearly has lived a lifestyle that goes against such morals? They aren't dumb (well, not THAT dumb) that it has to be made a front page issue or headline a debate to know his history. Why don't they favor a more wholesome, morally righteous candidate such as Marco Rubio? Does their support of Trump tell the world more about them than about Trump?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:

Wasn't it in the first debate that each candidate was asked if he received messages from God on what to do when he took office? I realize that question came from a viewer, not a moderator, but Megyn Kelly chose to ask it.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:34 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,473,277 times
Donald Trump Loses Ground Among Evangelical Voters - The Atlantic

Old 11-24-2015, 08:35 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, Trump just appeared at a "Values Voters" Summit in September, hosted by the Family Research Council. The first thing he talked about was his Bible, which he held up as the crowd cheered. You can find his speech on YouTube.

I liked what Bobby Jindhal said about Donald Trump.

"You know he hasn’t read the Bible because his name’s not in the Bible."
Once again picking some obscure one off event and use it as a smear. Listen, nobody is voting for Trump because he is big on “family values” or even conservative. You are tiring yourself trying to make his voters to finally “wake up”.

And what happened to my link you asked for? Did you read it?

Old 11-24-2015, 08:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
About 50,000 people worked in the Twin Towers and 150,000 used the subway station each day. Most people got out. There is no shortage of people in NY and NJ who survived.

About 42% of 9/11 victims were from NJ. Specifically, Northern and North Central NJ- commuting distance to NY. If there were hundreds and hundreds, let alone thousands and thousands, as Trump claims were celebrating, it would have been front page news and recieved national coverage.

One of my neighbors got to bury her husband's foot. Another neighbor was convinced her husband jumped. People who did not live in the area cannot imagine the impact on and tension within so many small tight knit communities.

I don't know why Trump made the false claim. Misremembered? Attention? Dementia?

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 11-24-2015 at 09:01 PM..

Old 11-24-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Once again picking some obscure one off event and use it as a smear. Listen, nobody is voting for Trump because he is big on “family values” or even conservative. You are tiring yourself trying to make his voters to finally “wake up”.

And what happened to my link you asked for? Did you read it?
I answered you at length in 2 posts. Now I know you're just trying to provoke me.
You also edited my answer, insulted and threatened to make me "look foolish." You are playing games, so I won't answer your posts any more.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-24-2015 at 09:18 PM..

Old 11-24-2015, 09:43 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Default 38 pages!

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted and discussed, I just don't have the time to check through 38 pages on this topic!

Earlier today I read the first couple of pages of this thread, and googled to see if there was anything concerning anything going on in Jersey after 911.

I had to run off for the day, but before I did I found this...

“In Jersey City, within hours of the two jetliners plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and question a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river”

http://www.scribd.com/doc/290767616/...rs-Eyes#scribd

The whole article is interesting btw, and reminded me of that first attack on the World Trade Center in 1993.

Anyway, I was listening to the radio in the car and heard the Donald quoting what copies and pasted above.
Ha ha... it was kind of surreal that it was the same Washington Post article. That's it?

Anyway, I only found it by surfing and going to a link of a link in some other comments page.
Certainly he's exaggerating... duh... but of course if that neighborhood was a gathering place of extremists, I'm sure someone somewhere popped open a bottle of something non alcoholic.

Oh also btw, I was not looking desperately to affirm Trump's story, just pure curiosity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections