Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 01:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Have you not heard of Dr Carson and the Magic Belt Buckle fairy tale story?
LOL I didn't connect two. Thanks for explaining.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:48 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Unless Trump thinks Gaza is in Jersey, I think he's full of ****. If thousands in Jersey had cheered the 9-11 attacks, they would have to have instituted martial law there to keep other people from killing them.

In public, I agree with you. In US mosques, do I suspect full mosques cheered the terrorists actions? I do.

Old 11-22-2015, 01:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Trump will say whatever he wants. He's not worried about having to prove it. He loves saying outrageous things and he loves the attention he gets when he says them. It's his gimmick. His hook. It's part of the con. He could say, "I saw Jesus at Walmart and he told me I was awesome." and people would believe him. He's a salesman. That's what they do.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I stated from the start that I don't know what Trump saw or didn't see. Only that I don't discount it because of what I saw with my own eyes. If he did see what he claims, I wouldnt doubt if he was giving the exaggerated version.

How old are you, and where do you live? Because from your posts, I don't believe you have a very good idea of what was happening here on that day.

It was total chaos.

There was a no-fly zone.

All of the tunnels and bridges were closed. Trains were shut down. Everyone who went to work in NYC that morning, my wife included, was stuck in the city with no way to go home.

There was no cell phone service, so nobody had any idea of what was going on anywhere. The phone just kept saying "all circuits are busy right now, please try your call again later" all day long.

Traffic was at a complete standstill on all highways. It took me 5 hours to drive from Paterson NJ to my home in Hoboken, NJ, which is normally a 20 minute drive. And that was only after I convinced a police officer at my exit that I actually lived in Hoboken.

Even if the news agencies were somehow able to get to these places, the last thing they were worried about reporting about on that day was a bunch of people partying.
To answer your questions (1) I was in my 40s in 2001, so, yes, I am old enough to remember 9/11 and much, much more. (2) I live in Florida, but have an apartment and many relatives in NYC, so am well aware of what went on.

I've also worked in tv news, and can tell you for a fact that if what you report having happened is true, as told by Trump, it definitely would have been covered by the news media. We all remember well the images of Palestinians cheering and dancing. Had it happened here, I assure you, it would have been well reported and someone would have video. Nobody in Paterson or Jersey City remembers this at all.

Trump makes 'misstatements' (and that is putting it kindly) all the time about many things, but his followers do not care about facts. That is evident. If he can send a birther squad to look for dirt on Obama in Hawaii, surely his 'investigators' can produce evidence of "thousands of people cheering as the Towers came down." Every reporter in the country was out that day looking for news. Trump said he saw it on tv, so there should be definitive proof.

The guy is simply not all there.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” he told a crowd in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.”

"No news reports exist of people cheering in the streets, and both police officials and the mayor of Jersey City have said that it did not happen. An Internet rumor about people cheering in the streets, which said it was in Paterson, not Jersey City, has been denied numerous times by city and police officials."

“It did happen, I saw it,” Mr. Trump said. “It was on television. I saw it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ey-on-sept-11/

Last edited by Enigma777; 11-22-2015 at 03:07 PM..

Old 11-22-2015, 02:55 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
.. waiting for the "he never said it" posts.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:27 PM

18,455 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
To answer your questions (1) I was in my 40s in 2001, so, yes, I am old enough to remember 9/11 and much, much more. (2) I live in Florida, but have an apartment and many relatives in NYC, so am well aware of what went on.

I've also worked in tv news, and can tell you for a fact that if what you report having happened is true, as told by Trump, it definitely would have been covered by the news media. We all remember well the images of Palestinians cheering and dancing. Had it happened here, I assure you, it would have been well reported and someone would have video. Nobody in Paterson or Jersey City remembers this at all.

Trump makes 'misstatements' (and that is putting it kindly) all the time about many things, but his followers do not care about facts. That is evident. If he can send a birther squad to look for dirt on Obama in Hawaii, surely his 'investigators' can produce evidence of "thousands of people cheering as the Towers came down." Every reporter in the country was out that day looking for news. Trump said he saw it on tv, so there should be definitive proof.

The guy is simply not all there.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” he told a crowd in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.”

"No news reports exist of people cheering in the streets, and both police officials and the mayor of Jersey City have said that it did not happen. An Internet rumor about people cheering in the streets, which said it was in Paterson, not Jersey City, has been denied numerous times by city and police officials."

“It did happen, I saw it,” Mr. Trump said. “It was on television. I saw it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ey-on-sept-11/
I really don't care enough to defend Trump on this. Let's just say he never saw it. It doesn't matter what he says. The people that are going to vote for him will still vote for him, and the people that won't, won't.

The bolded, on the other hand, is actually encouraging to me. Other than the people I worked with at the time, I had never heard of the Paterson incidents being reported anywhere. At the time, I thought it was just too small for anyone to be bothered with. It actually makes me feel good to know that others had reported it, even though it was only on the internet. Being that I know it for a fact to be true, whether you believe it or not, I have to wonder the motivation of the city official who denied it.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:35 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
Default Trump has finally lost it

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down, and I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down,” he said.

Is he kidding? there were reports of some, but 1000's?? Maybe he's got NJ confused with Gaza and the West Bank?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-...164537580.html

coo-coo!! someone get this guy a straight jacket

Old 11-22-2015, 03:37 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times

Donald Trump: I saw 'thousands and thousands' of people in New Jersey cheer the 9/11 attacks

Old 11-22-2015, 03:39 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
whoops - haven't been around much today.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:40 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,186 times
No prob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections