Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 02:26 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
there was coverage of celebrations in jeruselem and of reports of small celebrations in new jersey/new york ( no video ).

there are reports of very small group(s), 5-12, celebrating in new jersey/new york but nothing to support trump's claim of "thousands and thousands".
Perhaps he is blurring the lines between what was seen in overseas coverage (the numbers were high - much higher than 5-12) and what happened in the tri state area but those celebrations did occur. I do know the palestinians were filmed celebrating in the streets. It seems to me there were some in Patterson NJ reported. I'm pretty sure the media did catch these on film and reported at the time. Collectively though, it could very well have been thousands celebrated.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:35 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Just the fact that evidence has come out....
it's been out. none of these reports of small celebrations were hidden.

Quote:
... that any number of Muslims celebrated 9/11 bothers you to no end.
i'm not happy that there were douche-rockets celebrating the fall of the WTC but i accept that is the fact. what isn't a fact is trump's claim that "thousands and thousands" celebrated in new jersey on 9/11.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Perhaps he is blurring the lines between what was seen in overseas coverage...
that was my initial guess also but trump is standing firm that he saw televised "thousands and thousands" of muslims celebrating on 9/11 in new jersey.

Quote:
I do know the palestinians were filmed celebrating in the streets.
correct.

Quote:
It seems to me there were some in Patterson NJ reported. I'm pretty sure the media did catch these on film and reported at the time.
there were reports from paterson ( with hazy confirmation at best ) but no footage of it. all the networks and local stations have stated they have gone thru the archives and no such footage exists. the closest footage is one of the local stations filming the building after the fact where the "rooftop" celebration is believed to have happen.

again, all of this contradicts trump's claim, it doesn't confirm it.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:54 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that may very well be true but it still doesn't support trump's ( continuous ) claim.
And what about your claim? Can YOU prove without a doubt that thousands of Muslims were NOT celebrating? Do you know what went on in every single mosque and every single Muslim household?

You can't let this go, can you?

It's sad that you've allowed Trump to live in your head.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And what about your claim? Can YOU prove without a doubt that thousands of Muslims were NOT celebrating? Do you know what went on in every single mosque and every single Muslim household?

Pssst, that is not how it works. The Burden of Proof is on the person making the claim, of in this case his fan club, so far the fan club is batting a big goose egg.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
It's the Trumplets who can't let it go. I can accept the fact that he lied about the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS and move on.

But ya'll keep trying to dig up evidence to turn his lie into the truth.

Good Luck.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:01 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
No. I only remember Palestinians celebrate the attacks on 0911.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-93aa433fafdc/

Quote:
In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And the results were what? Give the nonsense a break, trump Lies, A LOT, wrap your head around that fact, if you spend your time trying to defend every trump lie you will still be at it long after trump has dropped out of the race.

Old 12-03-2015, 03:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And the results were what? Give the nonsense a break, trump Lies, A LOT, wrap your head around that fact, if you spend your time trying to defend every trump lie you will still be at it long after trump has dropped out of the race.
You can cry about it all that you want, the fact is, there were, indeed, people celebrating after the 9/11 attacks...which liberals are trying to claim never happened.

Don't you just love the Wayback Machine?

Old 12-03-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
no, i don't, nor do i have to. trump's claim is very specific: he saw televised thousands and thousands of muslims celebrating the fall of the WTC on 9/11. there is no evidence to support trump's claim that there were "thousands and thousands" let alone that it was televised. the burden of proof falls on trump. he may have originally been mistaken but since he's been given the facts and continues to make his claim he is a liar.

Quote:
it's still ongoing. trump was on alex jones yesterday insisting that he is correct.

Quote:
once again, good comedy always has a home there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.