U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 02:39 PM

15,296 posts, read 17,486,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
Trump won't be held back by some piece of paper.
...called The Constitution. No he won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 04:08 PM

44,274 posts, read 35,818,552 times
Honestly -the man is repugnant to me. What a lying sack of, well, you know.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:10 PM

1,378 posts, read 2,101,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
what are you talking about? the paper he signed was not legally binding.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:12 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,211,440 times
Lefties ignore the fact that the dumocrat vote will be split by those committed to Bernie...unless, as usual, they continue to lack standards and values.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:23 PM

19,187 posts, read 14,937,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
He signed the agreement or pledge or whatever it was saying that he would support the Republican front runner and that he would be "loyal" to the Republican party or something like that. Of course, I didn't believe him then because I think he is a blatant liar and doesn't care who knows it - I think he actually thinks it's funny or cute.

Anyone voting for him should know exactly what they're getting at this point - and let's just say I'm very unimpressed.
Generally, we don't disagree, BUT the agreement/pledge was not legally binding. We all know how important that is in other facets in life. From the beginning, I have said that if he were not chosen as the GOP nominee that he would run 3rd party with the line "What can I say, my supporters love me so how can I let them down by not running?" He would have a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Then do it. Do it now. Don't take advantage of GOP monies and debates to promote yourself and screw the GOP nominee. Typical Donald, structure deals to use other people's money then screw them and leave them holding the bag.
It's just like business. Sometimes you put money and effort into something that doesn't pan out. The GOP took him on probably hoping that he would recruit GOP voters to another candidate in the end. It just one side working the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I think they are talking about the pledge/agreement where if he doesn't get the nomination not the Constitution, it is Obama that doesn't believe in the Constitution and we are trying desperately to forget about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Honestly -the man is repugnant to me. What a lying sack of, well, you know.
And, your candidate who is truthful would be? Truly, I would like to know. Obviously, not Hillary. Maybe Bernie as I haven't heard him called out on lying. Now, I actually support Ben Carson because I prefer an honest and intelligent candidate and am hard-pressed to find one among the choices. Although a tad bite too religious for me, that characteristic pales in comparison to what characteristics the other candidates demonstrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
what are you talking about? the paper he signed was not legally binding.
I think they had Trump confused with Obama. Obama is the one that blows off the Constitution. Just some confusion with so many others not adhering to the Constitution.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:24 PM

15,839 posts, read 9,990,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Lefties ignore the fact that the dumocrat vote will be split by those committed to Bernie...unless, as usual, they continue to lack standards and values.
You ignore the fact that only one Democrat will be on the ballot for President and Bernie will not run as an independent. There is no vote to "split".

Old 11-22-2015, 04:31 PM

1,738 posts, read 1,928,869 times
Who cares what Trump does. He's a nonentity.

What scathes ME is the fact that *Cruz*s poll numbers are so relatively high! Are there *that* many superstitiious Jezuz-humpers in this country? REALLY?

Old 11-22-2015, 04:33 PM

77,829 posts, read 33,196,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
I think that this is Trump's way of blackmailing the establishment, since they've been conniving to get rid of him (including trying to put together a super PAC to knock him outta the race). He's basically saying 'support me as the nominee, or I'll make sure your candidate loses by running as an independent'. The establishment also know that there's a likelihood that if that happens, many GOP voters will abandon them forever (since they're so disgusted with the establishment) and that Hillary might win the election.
Yep.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:37 PM

12,957 posts, read 6,177,394 times
I think Bill Clinton knew this and that's why he urged Trump to run.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:14 PM

44,339 posts, read 17,685,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
A dream come true for Democrats..
Why? What few Democrats left, think King Hilarious will be winner of election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or