U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 10:53 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,630,471 times

Advertisements

King: Trump hits new low with racist tweet - NY Daily News

Quote:
Trump’s graphic erroneously declared that 81% of white homicide victims are killed by African-Americans. In fact, almost all crime happens within a race and, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, 84% of white murder victims are actually killed by white perpetrators. The graphic was clearly designed to fan the flames of racial stereotypes
So many terrific people in Trump's camp, and not one of them can double check these stats? He'll need to clone Tea Partiers if he wants to sniff the presidency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 11:55 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,474,364 times
Default Trump continues to be an embarrassment; he shames the process

The man's presence becomes more shameful by the day. He is simply unqualified.

Shame of REPUBLICANS for such an embarrassing showing as we approach an election year with the REJECTS as candidates.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:11 AM

12,797 posts, read 6,129,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Tell me what else is new?

Dumbo Trumpo has been a bigot forever, even before he became a birther. He is a white supremacist.

This election is gonna turn ugly. Very ugly. His rallies already are.
He's a "white supremacist"? What proof do you have of this?

I understand just why Trump scares you so much.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:19 AM

587 posts, read 304,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Quote:

Read the original post. It seems like you never read these threads. All you do is attack other posters and I never see you discussing any topic

Tell me how are you gonna excuse Trump's behavior this time?

Old 11-23-2015, 12:39 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,230,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The man's presence becomes more shameful by the day. He is simply unqualified.

Shame of REPUBLICANS for such an embarrassing showing as we approach an election year with the REJECTS as candidates.
Yeah, like you would ever vote Republican. You'd vote for Atila
The Hun if he were alive today.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:55 AM

4,572 posts, read 2,961,514 times
The whackjobs are coming out of the woodwork now. Ever notice how invested these noodleheads are in republican politics? How terribly sad it must be to be one of the above posters. Even more sad when you consider what they're offering as an alternative.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:29 AM

12,797 posts, read 6,129,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post

Read the original post. It seems like you never read these threads. All you do is attack other posters and I never see you discussing any topic

Tell me how are you gonna excuse Trump's behavior this time?
If you haven't seen me discussing any topic, then you aren't paying attention

I didn't read the OP because I don't read anything from that poster.

More BS from you --- I don't always attack posters. Again, you aren't paying attention.

As for attacking --- pot meet kettle

ETA: I looked up the tweet. How does listing crime statistics make anyone a "white supremacist"? Plus the only links I can find that claim that the stats are inaccurate, are from left leaning publications.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 11-23-2015 at 02:38 AM..

Old 11-23-2015, 05:18 AM

14,610 posts, read 10,509,823 times
Quote:
ETA: I looked up the tweet. How does listing crime statistics make anyone a "white supremacist"? Plus the only links I can find that claim that the stats are inaccurate, are from left leaning publications.
You mean the left leaning FBI?
Expanded Homicide Data

Old 11-23-2015, 05:40 AM

19,187 posts, read 14,903,699 times
I found this: Trump Retweets Controversial Data Comparing Black-on-Black Homicides to Police Killings | KTLA discussing the situation. I hope the campaign comes back with some sort of explanation. There is obviously an error somewhere.

I'm not familiar with this source but the breakdown they do seems to agree with the other articles I read and the format they are using is easy to view: http://qz.com/556988/here-are-four-c...-donald-trump/

The thing that confuses me the most is that what he tweeted, well, if someone gave me that info, it wouldn't sit right and I would do some research myself before putting it out there. I mean, the percentage is extremely high and it just seems like that would have been front and center in the news which it has not been.

Maybe some opposing candidate got someone behind the Trump lines to feed him something like this? Still, he should have questioned it.

I do think those candidates toward the top and the two in the Democratic Party are exhausted. I was talking to my husband last night and we are both 61 and I said that I don't know how they can keep going the way they are, hitting the trail and giving speeches. I don't believe, however, that Trump meant this to be racist and I am guessing he was just reading and tweeting and messed up. Look how "they" tried to crucify Carson on things related to him. I guess no one else ever makes a mistake or has a varying opinion about anything.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 11-23-2015 at 05:54 AM..

Old 11-23-2015, 06:28 AM

14,610 posts, read 10,509,823 times
I keep waiting for the national outrage:
The retweet came two days after a half-dozen white attendees at a Trump rally shoved, tackled, punched and kicked a black protester who disrupted the business mogul’s speech.

“Maybe he should have been roughed up because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing,” Trump said Sunday morning on Fox News, less than 24 hours after his campaign said it “does not condone” the physical altercation.
It is amazing that the man has some stereotyping and bigotry issues, to put it mildly, and says these things with apparent impunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or