Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:04 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,807,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
When counting delegates, you have to take into consideration whether or not they are bound by the vote of the people. Maine and Nevada aren't as far as I know. However, with Romney taking more than 51%, that may affect the outcome.

The more I read, the more I realize that the primary and caucus is really just a show. The delegates are the ones that chose and if they decide to vote at their state conventions in June/July for another candidate, they can. I really wish all the candidates had stayed in the race longer. Especially Thompson.
I wish Thompson had thrown support to Romney. Thompson still has delegates out there committed to him... he needs to speak up.

A vote for Huckabee tomorrow will be a vote for McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 07:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,746,901 times
I live in Atlanta and I have only seen ads for Obama here.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:53 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,178 times
Up here in MA, or the Boston area to be more precise, I've seen almost exclusively ads for Obama. Since Hillary had a pretty good lead her, she seemed to have ignored the commonwealth, that changed today when she appeared in Worcester as Obama is closing in. Even as far as people putting up signs (which I haven't seen that many of anyway), Obama seem to have quite more.

Since there doesn't seem to be much of a contest on the Republican side (Romney predicted to win big), I haven't seen many ads for them, but McCain visited today anyway.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:12 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,566,619 times
Missouri, the mid section...not any yard signs as in past elections. Must be waiting until after the conventions. Mostly Republicans around here. A few Democrats. People that I have spoken with seem to lean towards Sen. McCain. Democrats are leaning towards Obama. Many 'phone calls from Huckabee and McCain campaign people. None from the Democrats. I have no real feel for who will win here. Romney has some support here also. Me? I'm not telling. But, it will be Republican for sure.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,370,990 times
Although I'd like to see Obama win California, I'm not confident that the people of this state, people who voted a republican governor in office, people who voted to ban affirmative action, would support Obama except in the most liberal areas. Clinton probably wins CA unfortunately. By how much is anybody's guess.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if Obama took CA.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:38 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,077,316 times
I am so sick of hearing a vote for so and so, is a vote for so and so. Free thinking Americans can vote their conscience and if they think that so and so is best for the jobo, they should vote for him or her. Let the chips fall where they may. I do not get to work the polls until next week in Virginia. Good luck to all you poll workers out there. It should be busy and exciting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections