Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 07:08 PM

37,791 posts, read 40,977,589 times

Advertisements

This is about voter turnout for the general election.

"No matter what party affiliation you consider, Trump brings them out. Republicans, Democrats and independents are all most likely to show up if Trump is on the ballot. (In our analysis, we assumed a constant variable: the Democrats nominating Hillary Clinton.) Not only do they show up to vote, but they vote for Trump. He's got the highest percentage of voters — across both parties and independents. The other candidates cause more of a snooze response from the public. Among the Republicans surveyed, Kasich caused the lowest voter turnout. But Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and Carly Fiorina all saw lower voter turnouts compared with Trump."

Voters would show up if Trump is on 2016 ballot

Survey done Nov. 18, 2,026 adult Americans, +/- 3.5% margin of error conducted by Fluent.

There is a graph. I do not know why Ted Cruz is not included.

There is a suggestion in the article by Fluent, who conducted the survey, about what the candidates should do. The exact same article on the CNBC website is on the Fluent website, verbatim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 08:24 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,319,496 times
Oh, for god's sake!

Polls this far out from the actual election are absolutely meaningless.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:22 PM

1,676 posts, read 944,598 times
I agree with the poll. Trump will bring out voters in droves.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:33 PM

37,791 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Oh, for god's sake!

Polls this far out from the actual election are absolutely meaningless.
I find it odd that when the polls report on the "Which candidate would you vote for if you were voting today?" question all of the TV panels/news analysts/pundits say it's too early and point to Herman Cain or Fred Thompson or Rick Perry or Rudy Giuliani who were leading at one time. They say, "It's summer, people aren't paying attention yet, wait until Fall." Then Fall rolls around and they say, "It's too early. People are getting their kids off to school. They aren't paying attention yet." I suspect now through the end of December, we will hear, "People aren't paying attention. They're too busy with holiday stuff." But the funny thing is all of the panelists/news analysts/pundits have no problem with quoting other parts of the exact same polls to tell us who would do best versus Hillary.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
True, I know plenty of people who would make sure to vote, just to vote against Trump the Birther if the right wingers were ever dumb enough to select him to be their candidate.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,151,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I find it odd that when the polls report on the "Which candidate would you vote for if you were voting today?" question all of the TV panels/news analysts/pundits say it's too early and point to Herman Cain or Fred Thompson or Rick Perry or Rudy Giuliani who were leading at one time. They say, "It's summer, people aren't paying attention yet, wait until Fall." Then Fall rolls around and they say, "It's too early. People are getting their kids off to school. They aren't paying attention yet." I suspect now through the end of December, we will hear, "People aren't paying attention. They're too busy with holiday stuff." But the funny thing is all of the panelists/news analysts/pundits have no problem with quoting other parts of the exact same polls to tell us who would do best versus Hillary.
For the most part, most people don't start paying attention until January when it comes to the primaries, and the rest of the voters that vote in the general election only, don't pay attention until late in the summer after the candidates have been figured out.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
I do not believe polls period, especially this far out, but I would imagine, if he gets the nomination there will be a huge turnout, and I do not think it will be in his favor. I wish I could believe differently but I just can't see him winning. Of course I know a lot of people who will vote for him because they dislike Hillary so much, but that isn't necessarily the majority, especially minorities.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:43 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,246,612 times
Hilary Rodham Clinton.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:59 AM

25,915 posts, read 22,070,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
Hilary Rodham Clinton.
Yes, you have wonder with her on the ticket, how many are there voting against her. In the article, it says that they made the assumption that she would be the Democratic nominee.

It is still good news for Trump. Voters will be there to either vote for him because they support him or to keep Hillary out of office. All votes count the same in the final total.

I do think that with the REAL issues front and center because of Trump, I mean we all know how they try to bring up some social issue as a cover up for the real issues before elections, it makes it a total different experience.

While it is early, as said before, it is a "movement" not just about Trump as a candidate. Whole new ball game and way past due.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,925,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
To vote against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections