Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 06:01 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,586 times

Advertisements

So the incumbent of Political Incorrectness now demands and supporters will fight back..even tho Trump has spewed so many lies..incorrectness of rhetoric..fuelling HATE with will simply give green LIGHT to Government/Racists to attack...Wonderful thing for Trump to do...

Suprematists , Muslim haters, Immigrant haters are ALL behind such rhetoric...TY Trump supporters for blessing his HATE Speech..because all he is doing is exactly what ISIS does nationally..promote HATE...justifying jihadism..Only Trump is promoting it WITHIN USA borders!!

You can call me all the names in the world..BUT the truth is....He's speaking to a low life base of HATRED..and for some reason that's acceptable!! Scary and Scared for you guys just 60 miles south of me

Politics down there has become explosive..and actually I do not blame BO in the least for speaking out with such silliness while he was overseas try to deal with leaders of other countries and being asked constantly the same question...IF anyone thinks that BO is NOT human...Get over it..He has dealt with such blockage and denials of anything he wants ( that's a NO for any GOP congressional elected person/Congrats Karl Rove!)...

McConnell declared before oath of office of BO..Mission~~ make BO 1 term President..and despite that...Jobs are back..Corporates profits soared..Rich got richer....BUT guess what..The poor got poorer, and the middle-class got degraded!!! Gratulations GOP!!!

Blaming Kaschish for speaking the truth by Trumpeteer's is for outsider's is almost laughable..except that such rhetoric and support by yourselves is fuelling HATE...Bravo for supporting Extremism...and You all want to blame ISIL for Extremism??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 06:57 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
John Kasich's Campaign Releases Donald Trump Attack Ads - The Atlantic

I guess Kasich will be the next member of the GOP to bow out of the race as soon as Trump is finished with him.
Kasich who? He is trying to stay in the race so badly that it is almost that we feel sorry for him.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:18 PM

7,076 posts, read 8,936,385 times
Kasich is a joke, it's bad enough he has to be my governor, would not want him as president.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:36 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
I am convinced these guys are making money by just being in the race. They don’t care if they are 1%.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:57 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I am convinced these guys are making money by just being in the race. They don’t care if they are 1%.
Ohhhh and you are just now realizing this little well known FACTOID!! Politician's have always been into $$$$ Even IF elected most of their time is spent on fund raising..thus NOTHING legislatively ever gets accomplished..FUN RAISE..FUND RAISE is all most Congressmen do..Just look at the actual time spent LEGISLATIVELY ...Days a month...HOW they can justify triple diget $$ is beyond me??

Hey..BYW..I'm going back many many decades..BUT anyone actually seeks higher offices..ALWAYS comes from lobbyists with big bucks (who pursuit someone/anyone with their deep pocket folks) to RUN...This is not new

Old 11-25-2015, 08:09 PM

491 posts, read 319,514 times
The support that the far-right has for Donald Trump is a manifestation of their anger over "RINOs" like Dole, McCain, and Romney losing. Certainly these three men--as much as I respect them--ran poor campaigns, for which they deserve blame. Of course, what those on the extreme right fail to understand is that had one of their own gotten the nomination, such a candidate would have lost by a far greater margin.

Unfortunately, the above argument--that a darling of the far-right would have fared much worse than a "RINO"--is a very hard argument for the establishment to make, because it has been so long (not since 1964) since the GOP experienced an epic disaster at the ballot box (as a result of the crazies overtaking the establishment). That's why I am convinced that a Trump or Cruz nomination would be a good thing in the long-run for the GOP, because it would establish current evidence that the opinions espoused by those on the far-right just aren't that popular. In the meantime, it won't make any difference if Kasich or any other moderate Republican attacks Trump, because the right-wing extremists are convinced that Trump is going to win in a landslide.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:29 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Ohhhh and you are just now realizing this little well known FACTOID!! Politician's have always been into $$$$ Even IF elected most of their time is spent on fund raising..thus NOTHING legislatively ever gets accomplished..FUN RAISE..FUND RAISE is all most Congressmen do..Just look at the actual time spent LEGISLATIVELY ...Days a month...HOW they can justify triple diget $$ is beyond me??

Hey..BYW..I'm going back many many decades..BUT anyone actually seeks higher offices..ALWAYS comes from lobbyists with big bucks (who pursuit someone/anyone with their deep pocket folks) to RUN...This is not new
I know they fund raise all the time but this is the big leagues. They are raising millions by promising they are the one who will eventually beat Trump. Do they keep all the money when they drop out? That’s an out and out scam.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:43 PM

22,450 posts, read 11,977,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
The support that the far-right has for Donald Trump is a manifestation of their anger over "RINOs" like Dole, McCain, and Romney losing. Certainly these three men--as much as I respect them--ran poor campaigns, for which they deserve blame. Of course, what those on the extreme right fail to understand is that had one of their own gotten the nomination, such a candidate would have lost by a far greater margin.

Unfortunately, the above argument--that a darling of the far-right would have fared much worse than a "RINO"--is a very hard argument for the establishment to make, because it has been so long (not since 1964) since the GOP experienced an epic disaster at the ballot box (as a result of the crazies overtaking the establishment). That's why I am convinced that a Trump or Cruz nomination would be a good thing in the long-run for the GOP, because it would establish current evidence that the opinions espoused by those on the far-right just aren't that popular. In the meantime, it won't make any difference if Kasich or any other moderate Republican attacks Trump, because the right-wing extremists are convinced that Trump is going to win in a landslide.
Ah, but you are wrong! It isn't just the "far right" and the "extremists" who support Trump. Far from it. Plenty of independents and moderate republicans---even---gasp!---some who voted D in past elections!---who support Trump.

Don't you get it? People on both sides of the aisle are tired of the same old, same old---meaning politicians who are beholden to their mega-rich donors and thus put said donors ahead of their constituents---the heck with what is best for our country. People are tired of these politicians using namby-pamby weasel words and all the PC BS and lies---in other words, politicians talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Trump has shined a light into dark corners and isn't afraid to address the elephant in the room---and that's refreshing!

Old 11-25-2015, 09:07 PM

491 posts, read 319,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ah, but you are wrong! It isn't just the "far right" and the "extremists" who support Trump. Far from it. Plenty of independents and moderate republicans---even---gasp!---some who voted D in past elections!---who support Trump.

Don't you get it? People on both sides of the aisle are tired of the same old, same old---meaning politicians who are beholden to their mega-rich donors and thus put said donors ahead of their constituents---the heck with what is best for our country. People are tired of these politicians using namby-pamby weasel words and all the PC BS and lies---in other words, politicians talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Trump has shined a light into dark corners and isn't afraid to address the elephant in the room---and that's refreshing!
In fairness, Trump has some good points to which you alluded (the fact that he despises the PC bulls#it and that he is not beholden to anyone); I do think that these qualities are appealing to independents and many moderate Republicans.

The problem is that some of his rhetoric is very incendiary, and because of that, he would lose the the votes of women and Hispanics by a margin that would doom a Republican in a general election. It would be nice if there existed a candidate with Trump's good qualities but who did not possess any of his liabilities.

This really doesn't have anything to do with your thoughtful post, but I do get upset about the "RINO" accusation constantly being thrown at people like McCain, Romney, Bush, and Kasich, when Trump himself once supported single-payer healthcare and abortion rights. Given that many of Trump's supporters are often the first to hurl the RINO label at establishment Republicans, it seems like a huge double standard. (Granted, there definitely are liberal Republicans--like Colin Powell and Mike Bloomberg--who are indeed RINOs, but the term loses its meaning when it is constantly applied to those in the mainstream GOP.)

Old 11-25-2015, 09:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Always amusing watching Cons throw other Cons under the Bus, never fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections