Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 04:02 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump believes that the war on terror
will require unprecedented surveillance of America’s Muslims.

“We’re going to have to do thing that we never did before,” he said during a
Yahoo interview.

Trump would not rule out warrantless searches in his plans for increased
surveillance of the nation’s Muslims, Yahoo reported Thursday

He also remained open toward registering U.S. Muslims in a database or giving
them special identification identifying their faith, the news outlet added.

Trump then said that the U.S. would have “absolutely no choice” besides
shutting down mosques when “some bad things happen.”
Trump won't rule out database, special ID for Muslims in US | TheHill

Are you honestly telling me, that this CLOWN, is leading the Conservative movement? THIS guy is leading the polls of the Republican party, the party that's supposed to be all about small government, religious liberty, and Constitutional values? SERIOUSLY?

Can't you see that he's merely just playing you all for FOOLS!?!?!? He is literally playing to the lowest common denominator, and saying whatever he thinks will get him support from that very demographic.

My fellow Republicans, we have to come together and oust this poser! WE HAVE TO!!!!

I imagine that every genocide, every atrocity that has ever taken place at the hands of government throughout human history, started with the utterance of Hitler-esque words exactly like those of our current frontrunner, in the midst of fear and in the name of "safety"....

Shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 04:07 PM

401 posts, read 287,409 times
Trump has been leading the polls for 2 months, he's no longer a fluke, hes the leading contender for the nomination.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:08 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
WS88 - I am pleased to see a Republican sees the truth of The Donald. He is a bankrupt real estate salesman and a political demagogue that is spouting racist nationalism to anyone that will listen.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:09 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
sure if you want to pay for it all --

Old 11-19-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
Trump has been leading the polls for 2 months, he's no longer a fluke, hes the leading contender for the nomination.
You're saying things that we already know...

Why don't you comment on his proposed witch hunt against an entire class of people over their religious affiliations, or his proposed assault on both 1st and 4th Amendment Constitutional rights?

Or doesn't that kind of thing bother you?

Old 11-19-2015, 04:19 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
no -people in fear do not think

Old 11-19-2015, 04:21 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,034 times
nah, lets wait until they start bombing and terrorizing us before we do anything even though they told us they were going to, lets wait.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:23 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Trump won't rule out database, special ID for Muslims in US | TheHill

Are you honestly telling me, that this CLOWN, is leading the Conservative movement? THIS guy is leading the polls of the Republican party, the party that's supposed to be all about small government, religious liberty, and Constitutional values? SERIOUSLY?

Can't you see that he's merely just playing you all for FOOLS!?!?!? He is literally playing to the lowest common denominator, and saying whatever he thinks will get him support from that very demographic.

My fellow Republicans, we have to come together and oust this poser! WE HAVE TO!!!!

I imagine that every genocide, every atrocity that has ever taken place at the hands of government throughout human history, started with the utterance of Hitler-esque words exactly like those of our current frontrunner, in the midst of fear and in the name of "safety"....

Shame.
I've always thought that if Trump is the best the Republican party can come up with then the Republican Party needs to seriously reevaluate themselves and what they stand for. And I say this as a card carrying Republican. It's embarrassing. I might have to jump ship.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:24 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
He's right.
I think it's lousy that we have to consider this, but in the interest of the safety of the American people I believe it is necessary.
I know the argument against it and why it would be an effed up thing to do.
We are not fighting a conventional enemy in a conventional war.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
nah, lets wait until they start bombing and terrorizing us before we do anything even though they told us they were going to, lets wait.
So your solution is to curtail religious freedom and throw aside the right to a warranted search where due process is afforded?

Please don't call yourself a Conservative, you're anything but....

The founders drafted the Constitution to protect the minority from the whims of the majority and mob rule, which is what you are advocating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections