U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2015, 05:08 PM

26,918 posts, read 9,141,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't believe anyone is suggesting we limit free speech when we criticize Trump for mocking a disabled man. What we are suggesting is that anyone running for the highest office in the country should have more class than that. Stirring the pot of divisiveness, bigotry and half-truths is not an American value and that's all Trump's got working for him. Oh course people are gong to call him out for doing those things. They're not presidential.
You are replying to my comment to another poster, about free speech, and in doing so are out of context. That is disingenuous if not hypocritical and something common on this forum and in MSM. I'm not the leased bother by it but those who do it should be. So I point it out and will now move on to your argument.

You "don't believe anyone is suggesting we limit free speech when we criticize Trump" We can stop right there and prove a point. You wouldn't limit free speech when bashing someone you disagree with. As to the rest of the sentence I chose impersonating and you chose mocking. We see it differently.

Then you go on about what you and many others think are presidential. Attributing words like "divisiveness, bigotry and half-truths" to Trump and making the claim it's not presidential. All three of which apply to the sitting president and many that are running for election. You could add out right lie to the American people which both Obama and Hillary have done. That is offensive to many people. As long as they offer a crap sandwich in a presidential way it's happy meal time. I find that offensive. And when did we discus an issue of importance like jobs, immigration, refugees, taxes ? Oh well we haven't got time for that. We're distracted on personality and politeness just as the media planned.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:08 PM

10,867 posts, read 11,947,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
yeah, that's line didn't get Palin anywhere did it?
Sense. You're not making any.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:14 PM

285 posts, read 142,937 times
Do I approve of what he did? Obviously not. It's not nice. However, Trump is a media tycoon. As a showman, he will do and say absolutely anything that will get people talking and it's working. There's no point getting offended. It's just expected.

It has taken Trump for Americans to realize that politics has close ties with the entertainment industry. The Democrats have support from Hollywood, while the GOP is always putting up the most controversial and wacky characters.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:17 PM

6,666 posts, read 1,385,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
We know Trump doesn't have a filter. Nothing new. Next week it will be another *gasp* Trump said/did/ that?!

Just get over it.
Sorry, but just imagine if Trump's "unfiltering" is directed at the leader of an enemy country. If he decides to bomb/nuke us as a result, will you then be so blase'?

Old 11-26-2015, 05:21 PM

7,311 posts, read 4,963,424 times
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 3 hours ago

I do not know the reporter for the @nytimes, or what he looks like. I was showing a person groveling to take back a statement made long ago!

Old 11-26-2015, 05:22 PM

26,918 posts, read 9,141,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
I'll come and take a dump in your living room then - after all, thats not as bad as being beheaded
Let me point out that is exactly what illegal immigrants do when they break and enter to steal what's in someone home. They sometimes, more often than not, take a broom and smear excrement on the walls and ceiling. It is a calling card of sorts.
I suppose the LE officer who told me that was making a racist remark while telling the truth and needs to be more tolerant of what he frequently encounters.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:25 PM

5,602 posts, read 4,945,587 times
I think it is interesting that by making a mountain out of a molehill, the media is effectively taking attention from the fact that the reporter wrote an article about celebrations on 9/11. That's what Trump was talking about - the reporter doesn't even have the guts to stand by what he wrote because - gasp - it might prove Trump was right.

I watched the rally, saw what Trump did/said and to me it wasn't a huge outrage. Once again, the media is focusing on less than a minute of Trumps 1.5 hour speech and turning it into a huge character assassination. What else is new?

Old 11-26-2015, 05:27 PM

7,311 posts, read 4,963,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I think it is interesting that by making a mountain out of a molehill, the media is effectively taking attention from the fact that the reporter wrote an article about celebrations on 9/11. That's what Trump was talking about - the reporter doesn't even have the guts to stand by what he wrote because - gasp - it might prove Trump was right.

I watched the rally, saw what Trump did/said and to me it wasn't a huge outrage. Once again, the media is focusing on less than a minute of Trumps 1.5 hour speech and turning it into a huge character assassination. What else is new?
Exactly. Turns out Trump's never even seen the guy or knew that he was handicapped. He was imitating someone groveling in a general way.

The media turned it into what they wanted it to be, and the mindless fell for it (again).

Old 11-26-2015, 05:28 PM

4,789 posts, read 2,199,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
apples oranges
Not really. The disabled reporter was born with his condition and did nothing to bring it upon himself. That is why mocking disability is so tasteless. Kate Steinle was a stranger to the man who shot her and did nothing to incite violence against herself. Murdering an innocent is also despicable. The NY Times editorialized about one but not the other.

Old 11-26-2015, 05:31 PM

20,287 posts, read 12,151,911 times
I am really wondering if he got so arrogant as he got his millions --or was he a bully in school ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or