U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 14 days ago)
 
48,220 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Reputation: 15344

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Look at how invested in Trump some of the lefties are. Dozens of posts from the same few posters. Hee hee.
And why are you supporter Trump, even after his petulant comments?

I can tell you why I don't want him in office. I find him to be dangerous for me. It is a personal thing for me. Anyone who would tweet something from a Neo-Nazi site as if it was fact, I assume said person supports Neo-Nazis. For that reason, I have to look out for MY survival.

We need a leader, not a petulant bully.

 
Old 11-27-2015, 11:59 AM
 
26,705 posts, read 9,085,250 times
Reputation: 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, it is true that people love to be entertained. So if the primary objective of the Trump campaign is to remain controversial to stay in the spotlight, he is achieving his short term goals.

But in the end, as entertaining as they may be, people don't vote for circus acts. This is why most Democrats are hoping for Trump on the GOP ballot.
What a ridicules statement. Of course politics is most comparable to a circus and everyone running is an act in that circus. People love the circus nobody knows that better than the people of Sarasota Fl. home of Ringling Brothers and sold out performances.
Democrats wouldn't be here criticizing Trump if they wanted him to win the nomination and if they get what they wish for it will not be what they expect. The evil deeds and policy's of Hillary will standout in comparison.

Last edited by phma; 11-27-2015 at 12:17 PM..
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:03 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
13,987 posts, read 10,930,642 times
Reputation: 12772
Of course he mocked the reporter's disabilities. That's obvious to anyone who watches the videos, no matter how much Trump backs away and lies about not knowing about the guy's disabilities.

And that's the problem with Trump: he is smart, but he's also a first-rate jackass and a bully who will never pass up the chance to stoop really low for a cheap insult. The guy just can't help himself. Which is probably why many conservatives all over flock to this guy, because a lot of them embody the same behavior.

For all of Obama's faults - you can claim that he's weak on this, apologizing too much for that - at least he's acting with the basic semblance of social decorum of an adult on the international forum. He's not saying crass, sexist things to Angela Merkel at the dinner table, pointing and making fun of Hu Jintao's face on televised news reels, etc.

With Trump, you're going to get someone with the raw brainpower to be wealthy and successful, sure, but also the overall maturity and emotional intelligence of a nine year-old schoolyard bully. Not a great combo.

Regardless of the politics at this point, can we at least pick a mature adult?..
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 14 days ago)
 
48,220 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Reputation: 15344
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What a ridicules statement. Of course politics is most comparable to a circus and everyone running is an act in that circus. People love the circus nobody knows that better than the people of Sarasota Fl. home of Ringling Brothers and sold out performances.
Democrats wouldn't be here critisizing Trump if the wanted him to win the nomination and if they get what they wish for it will not be what they expect. The evil deeds and policy's of Hillary will standout in comparison.
Well, I don't want a circus. I want to know where people stand right from the start. No games, no stupid stuff, just the facts, the solutions, I don't care how boring it is. I'll take dull and boring over petulant and comical any day of the week.

People on both sides criticize anyone whom they don't want to win.
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:09 PM
 
45,252 posts, read 17,960,183 times
Reputation: 18945
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I look at what you said as an attempt to say "this is all liberals' fault". I showed that there are fellow conservatives who are tired of him.

I don't know if you're in Trump's corner or not. If you are, I want to know why.
Hahaha, and you think you addressed it by trying to make me feel bad about that gas bag Bill O'Reily? Nope Just another TV entertainer. Nothing more nothing less and totally irrelevant to point made.

I don't put pointless labels on things so I can then shoot that mythical bogyman. Now if you wish actually address what I posted, I will give you a response, but I'm not playing false war of liberal vs conservative.
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:10 PM
 
15,366 posts, read 5,718,701 times
Reputation: 11512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Of course he mocked the reporter's disabilities. That's obvious to anyone who watches the videos, no matter how much Trump backs away and lies about not knowing about the guy's disabilities.

And that's the problem with Trump: he is smart, but he's also a first-rate jackass and a bully who will never pass up the chance to stoop really low for a cheap insult. The guy just can't help himself. Which is probably why many conservatives all over flock to this guy, because a lot of them embody the same behavior.

For all of Obama's faults - you can claim that he's weak on this, apologizing too much for that - at least he's acting with the basic semblance of social decorum of an adult on the international forum. He's not saying crass, sexist things to Angela Merkel at the dinner table, pointing and making fun of Hu Jintao's face on televised news reels, etc.

With Trump, you're going to get someone with the raw brainpower to be wealthy and successful, sure, but also the overall maturity and emotional intelligence of a nine year-old schoolyard bully. Not a great combo.

Regardless of the politics at this point, can we at least pick a mature adult?..
We have no way of knowing the bold is true, because Trump didn't have to start from scratch, with no inherited wealth and all of the doors that opens. His "success" was built upon a platform that someone else assembled and handed to him.

He is the classic example of someone who started on third base and truly believes he hit a triple to get there. If he had been an unknown with no money and no connections to begin with, would he be the multimillionaire he is today? Who knows.
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:15 PM
 
45,252 posts, read 17,960,183 times
Reputation: 18945
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We have no way of knowing the bold is true, because Trump didn't have to start from scratch, with no inherited wealth and all of the doors that opens. His "success" was built upon a platform that someone else assembled and handed to him.

He is the classic example of someone who started on third base and truly believes he hit a triple to get there. If he had been an unknown with no money and no connections to begin with, would he be the multimillionaire he is today? Who knows.
  • And he could have easily failed too. History is full of examples of inherited wealth going up in smoke at the hands of inept children. So your point is irrelevant. Trump was successful because he earned it by hard work.
  • It's a classic example of logical fallacy. You create a false premise that you can then shoot which you then try to use to prove that you opinion is actually fact and the party you respond to is wrong. Nothing more too it than that.
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 14 days ago)
 
48,220 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Reputation: 15344
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahaha, and you think you addressed it by trying to make me feel bad about that gas bag Bill O'Reily? Nope Just another TV entertainer. Nothing more nothing less and totally irrelevant to point made.

I don't put pointless labels on things so I can then shoot that mythical bogyman. Now if you wish actually address what I posted, I will give you a response, but I'm not playing false war of liberal vs conservative.
Can you refute anything Bill O'Reilly said? If not, then calling him a gas bag only shows a problem on your part.

You are the one asking for a point. I gave a point. When someone who is closer to Trump's political views calls him out, then you can't just say it is only liberals. You brought up news outlets that are touted as being liberal. I brought up someone from FOX.
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:25 PM
 
15,366 posts, read 5,718,701 times
Reputation: 11512
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And he could have easily failed too. History is full of examples of inherited wealth going up in smoke at the hands of inept children. So your point is irrelevant. Trump was successful because he earned it by hard work.
Sure, many fail. So what? It doesn't change the basic premise that Trump was handed millions of dollars without having to do a thing for them. And that there is no way to know if he could have blundered his way through on his own without that inherited wealth and all that exposed him to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's a classic example of logical fallacy. You create a false premise that you can then shoot which you then try to use to prove that you opinion is actually fact and the party you respond to is wrong. Nothing more too it than that.
I think you need to look up logical fallacy. You love to use that term but it's obvious you have no idea what it means. Or perhaps you don't understand the metaphor. But there is no false premise in stating that, metaphorically, Trump was born on third base. He sure didn't hit a triple to earn all that wealth he was handed.
 
Old 11-27-2015, 12:28 PM
 
26,705 posts, read 9,085,250 times
Reputation: 9312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We have no way of knowing the bold is true, because Trump didn't have to start from scratch, with no inherited wealth and all of the doors that opens. His "success" was built upon a platform that someone else assembled and handed to him.

He is the classic example of someone who started on third base and truly believes he hit a triple to get there. If he had been an unknown with no money and no connections to begin with, would he be the multimillionaire he is today? Who knows.
If what you say were true, which it isn't, why do so many lottery winners go broke ?

In fact many people's lives became notably worse after they got super rich, and they managed to lose it all in no time.

Lottery Winners Who Blew It All - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top