Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:24 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times

Advertisements

I'll take mocking a lousy journalist vs continuing to allow the country to be FLOODED with Third World dirtbags that the rest of us will be supporting for the rest of their lives.

Some of you people are so damn stupid to can't see the forest through the trees.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:24 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
The left has everything invested in Trump now. It's really quite funny to watch. The only people poutraged are leftists that excuse their own clowns for anything but jump on the poutrage bandwagon when a republican does something. Anyone who voted for obambo needs to shut the hell up, you've got absolutely nothing that any normal person will pay any attention to any longer.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:34 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The left has everything invested in Trump now. It's really quite funny to watch. The only people poutraged are leftists that excuse their own clowns for anything but jump on the poutrage bandwagon when a republican does something. Anyone who voted for obambo needs to shut the hell up, you've got absolutely nothing that any normal person will pay any attention to any longer.
Newflash: People on the left have every right (and duty) to voice opinions of candidates on the right as you have a right to voice opinions of the Democrats running. So stop with the telling people to "shut the hell up." As Americans we ALL have a vested interest in having quality people running against each other in the general election so no matter who wins, we can all sleep at night knowing some blowhard like Trump isn't going to tear our country apart. So as long as he's in the primary race, you might as well quit reading at C-D if you can't bear to see your man get the scrutiny he deserves.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-26-2015 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: The word bear/bare edited as per Ed from California's oh, so thoughtful reply

Old 11-26-2015, 01:35 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
That would be "bear".

Old 11-26-2015, 01:45 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Anyone who uses a term like "poutrage" has no business criticizing another's grammar.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:46 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
But he is not Jerry Lewis, today one has to be careful not to offend minorities of any kind. That is just the way it is, and someone trying to get elected should be aware of that.
Decades ago people did and said a lot of things that one would not get away with anymore these days.
I gave an example of a entertainer who did impersonations. Trump has been criticized as being an entertainer. He is/has been an entertainer just as was Ronald Reagan was. I'm not say he is Lewis or Reagan.
What you are saying is we need to limit free speech and be PC. That incorporates and translates into being criticized for telling the plane truth. If minorities are offended by the truth it's up to them to be tolerant. Politicians are pushing a oneway street on tolerance. No better example of that than Christians around the world who are told to change while Muslims are not ask to change anything. I say Muslims need to be tolerant and need to be schooled on tolerance. Christians shouldn't be ask to remove a neckless with a cross on it to appease any other group. I reject your statement that - "that is just the way it is" I want to see someone elected who rejects it also.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I gave an example of a entertainer who did impersonations. Trump has been criticized as being an entertainer. He is/has been an entertainer just as was Ronald Reagan was. I'm not say he is Lewis or Reagan.
What you are saying is we need to limit free speech and be PC. That incorporates and translates into being criticized for telling the plane truth. If minorities are offended by the truth it's up to them to be tolerant. Politicians are pushing a oneway street on tolerance. No better example of that than Christians around the world who are told to change while Muslims are not ask to change anything. I say Muslims need to be tolerant and need to be schooled on tolerance. Christians shouldn't be ask to remove a neckless with a cross on it to appease any other group. I reject your statement that - "that is just the way it is" I want to see someone elected who rejects it also.
I don't believe anyone is suggesting we limit free speech when we criticize Trump for mocking a disabled man. What we are suggesting is that anyone running for the highest office in the country should have more class than that. Stirring the pot of divisiveness, bigotry and half-truths is not an American value and that's all Trump's got working for him. Oh course people are gong to call him out for doing those things. They're not presidential.

Old 11-26-2015, 01:59 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What you are saying is we need to limit free speech and be PC. That incorporates and translates into being criticized for telling the plane truth. If minorities are offended by the truth it's up to them to be tolerant.Politicians are pushing a oneway street on tolerance. No better example of that than Christians around the world who are told to change while Muslims are not ask to change anything. I say Muslims need to be tolerant and need to be schooled on tolerance. Christians shouldn't be ask to remove a neckless with a cross on it to appease any other group. I reject your statement that - "that is just the way it is" I want to see someone elected who rejects it also.
So the 'minority' of disabled people should not be offended by people mocking disabilities? Mocking disabilities has nothing to do with PC, and he is not just offending those with disabilities, or any other minority he has mocked -- he is offending everyone (noticed you are fan of bolding everything).

It has to do with acting like a mature adult living in a civilized society. Trump acts like he is the 4th grade. He is not 'fighting PC.' He is flat out rude.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:02 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post

Fascism has come to America folks. Vote carefully.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:14 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Chris Christie is mocked constantly for his weight and not a peep. Carly mocked for her looks and not a peep.

Trump could be more sensitive, or rather focused, but this is not his death knell. If Obama can lie his axe off and not suffer any consequence by his believers, you shouldn't be refering to trump in derogatory terms.

Clinging to bible and guns, just as insulting.
Duh, it's okay if liberals do it. Get with the program. Remember all that mocking of Trig Palin? A baby? It's only not okay if a Republican does it.

For the record, it was stupid what Trump did, but if you think that I give a crap about that right now, after what that idiot in the WH has done to this country, and what the scumbag Hillary would do to this country, you are sorely mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections