Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 03:02 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
It's OK for the A--holes on SNL to make fun of anyone but when Trump does something, it's wrong. PC's double standard.
You seriously don't understand the difference between comedians and someone running for POTUS?

Old 11-27-2015, 03:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
It's OK for the A--holes on SNL to make fun of anyone but when Trump does something, it's wrong. PC's double standard.
Holy cow!

Old 11-27-2015, 03:32 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't believe for a minute that many Americans are "fed up" with your so-called ADA "overreaches". What exactly do you label an overreach?
As a very apparent severley disabled person i cannot understand where this guy is coming from. I could have 10 times more money than the people i lived around for most of my life and to some of them i am still a GOD DAMN CRIPPLE! or "who is that little crippled guy"? said by guys 5 inches shorter and 40 lbs lighter,
I have had guys tell me that i just don't understand how things are! I am only supposed to have the women they don't want!
Years ago when the hand writing was on the wall about the coming demise of Radiator repair shops; i went and looked at one for sale. Talked to the owner and left. About 1 hr later a friend called me and told me that the owner said that "Who does that guy think he is? I am not going to help any God damned cripple!"
It turned out he was willing to finance it himself to get it sold. I had my own cash i saved up buy working 2 jobs.

DISABLED PEOPLE ARE AND FOR MANY MORE YEARS AS IF IN FOREVER are actually treated as the bottom of society.

I am Sure there will be some MOPES chime in and say i am a cry baby.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
As a very apparent severley disabled person i cannot understand where this guy is coming from. I could have 10 times more money than the people i lived around for most of my life and to some of them i am still a GOD DAMN CRIPPLE! or "who is that little crippled guy"? said by guys 5 inches shorter and 40 lbs lighter,
I have had guys tell me that i just don't understand how things are! I am only supposed to have the women they don't want!
Years ago when the hand writing was on the wall about the coming demise of Radiator repair shops; i went and looked at one for sale. Talked to the owner and left. About 1 hr later a friend called me and told me that the owner said that "Who does that guy think he is? I am not going to help any God damned cripple!"
It turned out he was willing to finance it himself to get it sold. I had my own cash i saved up buy working 2 jobs.

DISABLED PEOPLE ARE AND FOR MANY MORE YEARS AS IF IN FOREVER are actually treated as the bottom of society.

I am Sure there will be some MOPES chime in and say i am a cry baby.
I can't understand where that poster I replied to is coming from either. ADA laws attempt to level the playing field when it comes to access for disabled people to public places. He talks about push back. What push back? Make the disabled prisoners in their own homes again? My best guess is he can't stand being reminded that he, too, could end up in a wheelchair and deep inside he knows he doesn't have the emotional strength it takes to make it in the hostile world he helped create. Fortunately, in my experience living with a paralyzed husband, the other poster and your jerk with the Radiator shop are the exception and not the rule i.e. most people have more compassion and aren't afraid to show it.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:14 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I can't understand where that poster I replied to is coming from either. ADA laws attempt to level the playing field when it comes to access for disabled people to public places. He talks about push back. What push back? Make the disabled prisoners in their own homes again? My best guess is he can't stand being reminded that he, too, could end up in a wheelchair and deep inside he knows he doesn't have the emotional strength it takes to make it in the hostile world he helped create. Fortunately, in my experience living with a paralyzed husband, the other poster and your jerk with the Radiator shop are the exception and not the rule i.e. most people have more compassion and aren't afraid to show it.
Agreed Agreed More decent logical people than these type fools. I and my brother both have felt major push back from families not wanting us to marry in.

Years ago i had some times of people insinuating that i was a thief.Like "Where did you steal that from etc etc" i am from a good family no one ever in trouble with the law etc etc. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where they were coming from. i eventually came to understand that they couldn't figure out how they could survive and proper in my condition!

Any way back on topic! Trump sure has the rest of the repubs on the run!

Old 11-27-2015, 04:18 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can you refute anything Bill O'Reilly said? If not, then calling him a gas bag only shows a problem on your part.

You are the one asking for a point. I gave a point. When someone who is closer to Trump's political views calls him out, then you can't just say it is only liberals. You brought up news outlets that are touted as being liberal. I brought up someone from FOX.
  • I can't refute anything that O'Reilly said because I have no idea what he said. I already told you that I don't watch him or FOX news.
  • I didn't ask for a point. I made a point. You are the one who attempts to discredit point made with distraction & making it about me instead of message.
  • I did not use the word "liberal".
You still have not addressed what I've said.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
And then on top of that, he filed for bankruptcy several times. He was given the business and nearly blew it several times. Anyone who would handle things like that, I don't trust said person to run this country.
Do you hold the Clintons to the same standards over say Whitewater? Or do you simply have double standard for Trump. Lots of people associated with that were convicted of crime. Yet Trump's actions were completely legal.

Being partisan means you fault the side that you don't support for exactly the same thing done by the side you do support.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It doesn't change the basic premise that Trump was handed millions of dollars without having to do a thing for them.

I think you need to look up logical fallacy. You love to use that term but it's obvious you have no idea what it means. Or perhaps you don't understand the metaphor. But there is no false premise in stating that, metaphorically, Trump was born on third base. He sure didn't hit a triple to earn all that wealth he was handed.
  • The Clintons are now billionaires. Do hold them to same standard for the way they made that money? And they haven't created a single job or product in the process.
  • I know what logical fallacy means as I pointed it out in your response, and this isn't about me. Being born on 3rd base doesn't mean you will be winner. You still have to make it home for it to matter. Please add that to your metaphor.
If life was completely fair we'd all have a whole lot less. Your attempt to hold someone in contempt because they were born with advantage all while completely ignoring what they did with that advantage. Seems like a silly thing to do, but then again partisanship, doesn't make much sense anyway.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Back to the topic. Trump decide to be a bully and make fun of someone with a physical disability. What kind of person does that? With an ordinary person, we call that person a jerk, a bully.
He says he didn't. Do you call him liar? If so, what is your basis for convicting him of lie? The MSM?

Old 11-27-2015, 04:36 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times
Yup, about five CDers on a vendetta. And it's not even true what they're claiming. How much does that suck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections