U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-30-2015, 12:30 PM
 
5,933 posts, read 5,413,544 times
Reputation: 10584

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
As much as I like that he's outspoken what I bolded does bother/irritate me about Trump, Obama or anyone else doing the same.

Admitting fault and apologizing for such is a strength in a person imho but like you articulated doesn't happen with him.
Yeah, I agree almost all politicians do this. They evade admitting mistakes if they think it comes with a political backlash. It's part of the reason I have such a jaded view of politics.

Trump seems to be taking it to a new level to me because of just how brazen he is with it. It's kind of astounding to me.

 
Old 11-30-2015, 01:25 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,828,833 times
Reputation: 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Trump seems to be taking it to a new level to me because of just how brazen he is with it. It's kind of astounding to me.
i absolutely agree.
 
Old 11-30-2015, 01:35 PM
 
Location: NJ = liberalism is a mental disorder!
6,456 posts, read 4,370,325 times
Reputation: 3934
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i absolutely agree.
If he were to be in line for the nomination his braziness may be part of the reason he potentially doesn't get nominated. I call it as it is in my view.

This election process will be interesting with "fun" things to debate before it all ends.
 
Old 11-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)
 
47,627 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Reputation: 15210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Yeah, I agree almost all politicians do this. They evade admitting mistakes if they think it comes with a political backlash. It's part of the reason I have such a jaded view of politics.

Trump seems to be taking it to a new level to me because of just how brazen he is with it. It's kind of astounding to me.
What gets me is that few people are calling for an apology from him.
 
Old 11-30-2015, 01:50 PM
 
5,933 posts, read 5,413,544 times
Reputation: 10584
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What gets me is that few people are calling for an apology from him.

A handful of black pastors will endorse him and that will be enough for him to say "See, I was telling the truth" and that will be the end of that. Someone will start a post vindicating him as if that means he wasn't lying before. LOL. The waters have been muddied just enough for few to demand anything from him. He has this routine down pat.

It is what it is.
 
Old 11-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)
 
47,627 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Reputation: 15210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
A handful of black pastors will endorse him and that will be enough for him to say "See, I was telling the truth" and that will be the end of that. Someone will start a post vindicating him as if that means he wasn't lying before. LOL. The waters have been muddied just enough for few to demand anything from him. He has this routine down pat.

It is what it is.
I know Trump is showing himself to be slimy. However, it's his supporters I am more worried about. As long as he doesn't win the nomination, I am not worried.
 
Old 11-30-2015, 02:09 PM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
14,561 posts, read 9,631,062 times
Reputation: 12106
Trump haters have been beaten down so bad for months that are now uncontrollably wetting themselves over this nonevent. Get a hold of yourself.
 
Old 11-30-2015, 02:13 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
19,868 posts, read 22,731,855 times
Reputation: 7167
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Progressive Media.... LOL Turns out, the elections proved that not to be anywhere near reality of what actually happened, now did it! LOL!! Still giggling.

These are the same polls that had Eric Cantor as the sitting Senator today and Mitt Romney as the President today. Guess what these same polls have Donald Trump ..... Winning!!


Not many people have a landline today, to poll accurately by phone. (polling is done via landline telephone)
The vast majority of polls did NOT have Mitt Romney as President. Polls generally had Obama winning re-election. The folks at FOX News and other R/W sources (including many many folks on this board) simply chose to IGNORE those polls with claims that "they are undersampling Republicans". How'd that work out?
The fact is, while individuals polls don't mean much, taken as a whole - and over the long run - the polls have proven to be very accurate nearly all the time. There have been a few exceptions but not many.

Here's the poll history of the 2012 Presidential race. Romney won a few polls here and there, but the majority of of polls show'd Obama winning, which he did.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Ken
 
Old 11-30-2015, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,613 posts, read 11,149,806 times
Reputation: 6103
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The vast majority of polls did NOT have Mitt Romney as President. Polls generally had Obama winning re-election. The folks at FOX News and other R/W sources (including many many folks on this board) simply chose to IGNORE those polls with claims that "they are undersampling Republicans". How'd that work out?
The fact is, while individuals polls don't mean much, taken as a whole - and over the long run - the polls have proven to be very accurate nearly all the time. There have been a few exceptions but not many.

Here's the poll history of the 2012 Presidential race. Romney won a few polls here and there, but the majority of of polls show'd Obama winning, which he did.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Ken
But Rove said.
 
Old 11-30-2015, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
26,613 posts, read 11,149,806 times
Reputation: 6103
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I know Trump is showing himself to be slimy. However, it's his supporters I am more worried about. As long as he doesn't win the nomination, I am not worried.
But you just said you're worried about his supporters?
Focus on policy and truth. That's what matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:05 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top