U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 01:51 PM

34,612 posts, read 33,611,188 times

Advertisements

"Businessman Donald Trump is holding a rally this morning at the Robarts Arena in Sarasota, Florida. Gateway Pundit reporter Kristinn Taylor is standing in line outside the event. Kristinn says one line is three blocks long and the other line to the arena is five blocks long.

SOLD OUT=> Lines Form FIVE BLOCKS LONG to See Donald Trump in Sarasota (Photos) - The Gateway Pundit

Place is full from the photo.

Let's wait and see if the OP got in.

Update:

"The demand to see Donald Trump in Sarasota has been so overwhelming the candidate is expected to speak twice today, with the first event outside Robarts Arena so those who can't get in can still see Trump. Trump's Florida co-chairman Joe Gruters said the candidate will touch down in his helicopter around noon and speak to the overflow crowd outside. About 14,000 people RSVP'd to see Trump speak but Robarts only holds 5,100. "We hit capacity," Gruters said."

http://politics.heraldtribune.com/20...p-in-sarasota/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 01:56 PM

5,599 posts, read 4,913,524 times
I watched the rally on youtube. Trump gave a great speech and the response from the crowd was amazing. Apparently the venue only held 5,100 and there were thousands outside that couldn't get in. Trump was going to speak with them after his main speech. Hopefully OP has some first hand reports of how it went.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:56 PM

3,954 posts, read 1,704,845 times
Trump is very inspiring

Old 11-28-2015, 02:40 PM

14,583 posts, read 9,649,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I watched the rally on youtube. Trump gave a great speech and the response from the crowd was amazing. Apparently the venue only held 5,100 and there were thousands outside that couldn't get in. Trump was going to speak with them after his main speech. Hopefully OP has some first hand reports of how it went.
My feed kept breaking. Have to watch it again but he had new material and new twists on old ones. He was going to talk about the reporter controversy. I donít know if he did or not.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:00 PM

10,812 posts, read 8,029,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I agree anyone under 10 in the polls should drop out. Hillary is in hiding as usually she don't want to risk saying anything stupid. The only way she can avoid that is staying home.
Nope, she's far from hiding, she has a very busy schedule.
The media is at every event but she seldom says anything stupid, unlike Trump who always comes through with a controversial soundbite.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:50 PM

26,390 posts, read 8,972,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Businessman Donald Trump is holding a rally this morning at the Robarts Arena in Sarasota, Florida. Gateway Pundit reporter Kristinn Taylor is standing in line outside the event. Kristinn says one line is three blocks long and the other line to the arena is five blocks long.

SOLD OUT=> Lines Form FIVE BLOCKS LONG to See Donald Trump in Sarasota (Photos) - The Gateway Pundit

Place is full from the photo.

Let's wait and see if the OP got in.

Update:

"The demand to see Donald Trump in Sarasota has been so overwhelming the candidate is expected to speak twice today, with the first event outside Robarts Arena so those who can't get in can still see Trump. Trump's Florida co-chairman Joe Gruters said the candidate will touch down in his helicopter around noon and speak to the overflow crowd outside. About 14,000 people RSVP'd to see Trump speak but Robarts only holds 5,100. "We hit capacity," Gruters said."

Trump to speak twice in Sarasota because of overwhelming demand | November 28, 2015 | Zac Anderson | HT Politics
WOW what a day it has been !!! Don't miss a chance to attend one of the Trump events. The love people have for Trump is amazing !!! There is real power in the air that unites everyone when a powerful person is uniting them behind a good cause. No better cause than to "Make America Great Again".

Let me tell you folks Trump supporters are not going to abandon Trump no matter what the media or anyone else throws at him. I talked to many people today to get a feel for different opinions. What most were saying is, what Trump does or is accused of is nothing compared to what Hillary has done or will do if elected.

Yes, the arena was packed with about 5,000 inside and an overflow area with many, many more in attendance outside. Trump's pilot was giving helicopter rides while inside Trump gave his speech. People of all races and religions and backgrounds were there. Protesters mostly took the day off with only around 10 out on the sidewalk by the street. One lone female inside was removed by police for trying to disrupt the event. She was boo-ed repeatedly by the crowd during the purp walk.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:00 PM

26,390 posts, read 8,972,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Trump is very inspiring
You got that right !!!! It really is contagious when he speaks !!! He is a powerful presence and it is up-lifting. So much better than watching a video.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:04 PM

12,923 posts, read 6,184,694 times
Quote:
You got that right !!!! It really is contagious when he speaks !!! He is a powerful presence and it is up-lifting. So much better than watching a video.
Thanks for the feedback re: the Trump rally, phma!

Old 11-28-2015, 05:07 PM

10,812 posts, read 8,029,154 times
Quote:
Let me tell you folks Trump supporters are not going to abandon Trump no matter what the media or anyone else throws at him.
Speaking as a moderate Democrat, this is excellent news! It means Trump will continue to wreak havoc on the GOP Primary and Convention.

Speaking as a 67-year-old woman who loves my country, I'll be sad if Trump is the best the opposition can come up with. I have voted Republican in the past and I genuinely hope to see two valid and viable candidates on the general election ballot.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:10 PM

44,474 posts, read 17,762,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
..... I genuinely hope to see two valid and viable candidates on the general election ballot.
Is that to say that you consider Hillary Clinton to be a "valid" and "viable" candidate? This is who the DNC will nominate despite the results of the primary vote as the vast majority of unelected Superdelegates have pledged for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or