U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 05:15 PM

25,882 posts, read 39,178,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
WOW what a day it has been !!! Don't miss a chance to attend one of the Trump events. The love people have for Trump is amazing !!! There is real power in the air that unites everyone when a powerful person is uniting them behind a good cause. No better cause than to "Make America Great Again".

Let me tell you folks Trump supporters are not going to abandon Trump no matter what the media or anyone else throws at him. I talked to many people today to get a feel for different opinions. What most were saying is, what Trump does or is accused of is nothing compared to what Hillary has done or will do if elected.

Yes, the arena was packed with about 5,000 inside and an overflow area with many, many more in attendance outside. Trump's pilot was giving helicopter rides while inside Trump gave his speech. People of all races and religions and backgrounds were there. Protesters mostly took the day off with only around 10 out on the sidewalk by the street. One lone female inside was removed by police for trying to disrupt the event. She was boo-ed repeatedly by the crowd during the purp walk.
I guess she wanted her 15 min of fame and instead got a second of doing the walk of shame but I guess move on or some other left wing organization must pay her some minimum wage payment to do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 05:19 PM

26,715 posts, read 9,092,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thanks for the feedback re: the Trump rally, phma!
Here is my two cents on the Trump Campaign.

Trump's campaign strategy is very unorthodox. It will lead to victory and be a study examined in politics for years.
This strategy plays out in stages. I'm not going to fully describe it. Stage one is ending so I will comment on that a little.

When Trump entered the race he had no support and no base. He did "shake the tree ". All the fruit that was ripe and ready created his base. The tree has plenty more that is available but harder to get at. Timing is important too. He has to stay in the spotlight for a long time. That's not easy but he is doing it by "Feeding the Flame". The media wants to burn him down as they have from the beginning but he is defeating them. For months they have been predicting his fall. Look at all the reports and comments by MSM and the pundits. I'm waiting for a stray dog to trip Trump as he is walking to his helicopter. The media will report it as Trump's kicking puppies and that will do him in finally. * Rarely will you find one positive story but as he rolls out his positions on issues, when they are examined, support grows. Just as the lovely Laura pointed out in another thread people want jobs.

Trump is feeding the flame with comments and actions that are causing everyone to examine and reexamine all the important issues that create emotion. All successful marketing campaigns do that. He is opening up and forcing the conversation that require people to take a position. In doing so he is uniting people and bringing out the best in them all while many think the worst of him. No better example than pointing out how he has*donated and supported Americans with disability's. Many disabled people present and enthusiastically supporting Trump.**You must first unite the people before you unite them behind a leader. What he is doing is bringing out the very people that he is accused of ridiculing and winning them over.
Examples of conversation and threads : illegal immigration, legal immigration, refugees, women, war hero's, military, veterans, and the list goes on.

Old 11-28-2015, 05:31 PM

26,715 posts, read 9,092,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Speaking as a moderate Democrat, this is excellent news! It means Trump will continue to wreak havoc on the GOP Primary and Convention.

Speaking as a 67-year-old woman who loves my country, I'll be sad if Trump is the best the opposition can come up with. I have voted Republican in the past and I genuinely hope to see two valid and viable candidates on the general election ballot.
One thing is clear. The GOP had better get behind Trump if they want to win. Trump support is rock solid in his camp !!!!

Old 11-29-2015, 06:00 AM

34,692 posts, read 33,704,884 times
Quote:
Here is my two cents on the Trump Campaign.

Trump's campaign strategy is very unorthodox. It will lead to victory and be a study examined in politics for years.
This strategy plays out in stages. I'm not going to fully describe it. Stage one is ending so I will comment on that a little.

When Trump entered the race he had no support and no base. He did "shake the tree ". All the fruit that was ripe and ready created his base. The tree has plenty more that is available but harder to get at. Timing is important too. He has to stay in the spotlight for a long time. That's not easy but he is doing it by "Feeding the Flame". The media wants to burn him down as they have from the beginning but he is defeating them. For months they have been predicting his fall. Look at all the reports and comments by MSM and the pundits. I'm waiting for a stray dog to trip Trump as he is walking to his helicopter. The media will report it as Trump's kicking puppies and that will do him in finally. * Rarely will you find one positive story but as he rolls out his positions on issues, when they are examined, support grows. Just as the lovely Laura pointed out in another thread people want jobs.

Trump is feeding the flame with comments and actions that are causing everyone to examine and reexamine all the important issues that create emotion. All successful marketing campaigns do that. He is opening up and forcing the conversation that require people to take a position. In doing so he is uniting people and bringing out the best in them all while many think the worst of him. No better example than pointing out how he has*donated and supported Americans with disability's. Many disabled people present and enthusiastically supporting Trump.**You must first unite the people before you unite them behind a leader. What he is doing is bringing out the very people that he is accused of ridiculing and winning them over.
Examples of conversation and threads : illegal immigration, legal immigration, refugees, women, war hero's, military, veterans, and the list goes on.
I think he's also doing something else. He's not afraid to be the first to weigh in on an issue. The other candidates, so afraid of making a mistake, all come off like a bunch of copycats and because there are so many of them, they're just peeps in a crowd. They also seem to have very unimaginative advisors. Can you point to one thing any one of them has done that is unique? It's all about control and what's worked in the past.

The media is ridiculously stupid. Donald Trump is a man who never met a camera or a microphone he didn't like. They haven't thought through about what a Donald Trump presidency might mean for their own career. They whine a lot about the Obama White House access both for photos and interviews. They run after Hillary's van for a single quote. She ropes them together and doesn't let them get near her on a parade route. She only does safe interviews. Trump goes on just about every network. They've been around DC for so long most of them are just as unimaginative as the candidates they cover. They keep reporting Trump is going down for being non-traditional when that's what people are craving and they just don't see it.

Glad you had a great experience.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:12 AM

45,252 posts, read 17,970,471 times
People are no longer listening to the media. (unless they desperately cling to an establishment career politician) Events like this prove it.

Trump is pulling huge crowds despite the numerous "outrages" engineered by the MSM over the past few days. This place is filled to capacity.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:22 AM

7,318 posts, read 3,775,514 times
He does very well in the former traitor slave states. We know that.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:23 AM

4,986 posts, read 2,668,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Ask him why he mocked a man with a handicap? It's over for him now.
Trump will win the handicap vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
or ask if agrees with Germany's past policy to use the handicapped for medical experimentation........
How about Americas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Why not just say every State?

Last edited by Ih2puo; 11-29-2015 at 06:32 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 06:35 AM

45,252 posts, read 17,970,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Ahh, that tired idiotic excuse again.

He was in Ohio last week. Crowds were even bigger. In fact, he draws huge crowds in every state he goes to in USA.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 11-29-2015 at 07:09 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 07:07 AM

8,565 posts, read 6,152,417 times
Quote:
One thing is clear. The GOP had better get behind Trump if they want to win. Trump support is rock solid in his camp !!!!
Clear as a bell....he's their last, best hope of saving them from themselves. I'll have to owe you the rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or