Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 08:39 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think you are right on everything except one.....its not fake outrage. People really are offended by nonsense like this.
Indeed.

And I guarantee if you dig through the threads here you'll find the same people who excuse everything Trump says were crucifying Obama over his offensive and completely inappropriate comment likening his own bowling skills to the Special Olympics, something was just a wee bit tamer than Trump waving his arms around on stage mocking a disabled guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 08:45 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,338,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Indeed.

And I guarantee if you dig through the threads here you'll find the same people who excuse everything Trump says were crucifying Obama over his offensive and completely inappropriate comment likening his own bowling skills to the Special Olympics, something was just a wee bit tamer than Trump waving his arms around on stage mocking a disabled guy.

Trump would never knowingly mock a disabled reporter.

Nobody spends more money helping disabled Americans than Donald Trump.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:59 AM

1,050 posts, read 698,083 times
If Trump's making fun of a disabled person--no that's not good.

It wouldn't be right or fitting for a presidential candidate to do that.

But is it or would it be any different for our representatives and president to go behind closed doors and devise policies that wreck our lives?

Isn't that terribly insulting too? And it's something that's done all the time! How is a grievous public offense morally any worse than one done behind closed doors? This is the state of government today.

Maybe on policy Trump would put us on a better track, but it would be nice to have a president we mostly admire.

Besides Bernie, if we're going on character alone--we don't have much of a choice but to consider how much we trust a candidate will pursue those promises they made to us while demanding more principled behavior.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,512,000 times
Trump has tapped into a deep reservoir of voter discontent with the status quo. Working Americans know full well that the table has been tilted against them for some time now and no one has done much to keep it from tilting even further towards the already wealthy at their expense.

Unfortunately, as Trump has shown with his tax plan, despite all his fiery rhetoric, he just offers more of the same.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:06 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Who else can we even consider voting for? Rubio? Clinton? Those 2 lie so much, they make Trump look good. Trump is too honest sometimes. And he only lies about meaningless subjects. Trump by process of elimination. He's the only choice, it's a one person race.
You call what Trump does "honest" and others here have called him "a breath of fresh air." If 'honest' means you run your mouth unfiltered you'd better have a higher character and sense of ethics than Trump obviously has if you want to get elected president. A president should inspire the best in people, not the worse. He has his little fan club but it isn't growing and sooner or later he'll insult every last one of them, too. And think about what you said: "He only lies about meaningless subjects." Do you think a person who is in the habit of lying about "meaningless subjects" won't lie about bigger issues? If you do, you are only fooling yourself. It's a pillar in his character to lie and stretch the truth and what is worse, he can't even recognize the truth half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I found it distasteful. I'm sure most others did as well. But outrage? He made fun of a guy. The media is outraged about that, but they aren't concerned with our big ME ally chopping off 50 heads in the near future?
Ya, I'm outraged and I'll bet every person (like me) who has ever loved someone with a disability is outraged. I'll bet very person in the healthcare field who have ever watched a paralyzed person struggle/learn how to get dressed was outraged by Trump making that a comment about the reporter not being able to buy a pair of pants or by him mimicking his arm movements.

You are trying to bring the ISIS into this discussion as a deflection but you fail to recognize that Trump's lack of respect for the disability community has a lot in common with ISIS lack of respect for human life. It's a dangerous rabbit hole that Trump is taking his fans down when he tries to divide Americans against one another on issues or race, gender, physical disabilities and country of origin.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:30 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,042 times
Quote:
I'm more offended by hillary apologizing for saying illegal immigrants. ...that is very offensive.
ah, so you are offended by what Trump said

Old 11-28-2015, 09:32 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,042 times
Quote:

any facts to back that up or just general waffle with no actual reality behind it?

Old 11-28-2015, 09:35 AM

10,086 posts, read 6,411,385 times
Thanks, Phil. I too would like some actual stats on what Trump has donated to support disabled individuals.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:38 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,726,164 times
Quote:
How can you say that? It's clear that is exactly what he did.

Quote:
If that's true, then it seems to me he's likely doing it for social points.

Old 11-28-2015, 09:39 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,338,925 times
Millions he has spent on disabled Americans. He would never ridicule a disabled person. You guys are grasping for straws. Come on guys, grow up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections