U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 07:12 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,270,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Little more than a week after Donald Trump distributed – and then defended – wildly false claims about the number of people in the U.S. murdered by African Americans each year, the front-running Republican presidential candidate is scheduled to meet with 100 black religious leaders Monday. And up until this weekend, the claim coming from Trump HQ was that the candidate, constantly under fire for being one of the most racially divisive political figures from a major party in years, was about to get the ringing endorsement of those African-American faith leaders.

Turns out, that’s not the case. And the way the Trump campaign handles the candidate’s meeting with those African-American pastors will be interesting to watch, because it will force Trump to deal with one of his less-than-factual statements in something like real time.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-...111500391.html

Why am I not surprised one bit by this latest lie?

Why am I not surprised that the OP and the rest of the gaggle swallowed it hook line and sinker, like they do all of Trump's lies?

Why won't I be surprised when this latest lie bothers them not a bit (despite their laughably absurd "But! But! He's a straight shooter!" blather)?

I'm beginning to dare to dream - could it be that the Republican Party may actually nominate this train-wreck?

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please let it be so!

Old 11-30-2015, 09:11 AM

20,325 posts, read 9,862,327 times
trump hasn't cancelled the meeting, just the press conference that claimed would announce "...a coalition of 100 African-American evangelical pastors and religious leaders who will endorse the GOP front-runner ..." . the meeting is still going forward.

"Trump campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks said in an email that Trump would still be holding a private meeting with the group on Monday before departing for a rally in Georgia. She did not respond to additional questions about the cancellation."

Trump scraps endorsement event after black pastors object

i'll be curious if trump/his campaign will attempt to have the attendees sign a confidentiality/non-disclosure contract. if not then i look ( hopefully ) forward to the responses from the attendees later today.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:27 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,043,522 times
News Flash millions of Blacks will not support Trump.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:34 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,043,522 times
Ahhh, another trump attempt at throwing things against the wall hoping they will stick, me thinks trump is showing his inexperience in politics. News flash every time someone running for office makes a statement there will be an army of citizens, news agencies and political groups fact checking those statements, if you lie and stretch the truth on a daily basis you will end up cutting your own throat. No matter how many times the trump supporters try dancing around the issue or changing the subject to others it will not matter in the end the majority of Citizens are going to come to the truth that trump is simply not qualified to be President in many different categories.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:36 PM

13,012 posts, read 6,224,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't even want to think about who all is listening AND believing every word that falls out of the Trumpster's mouth.
Yet you fall into the category of "listening...[to] every word that falls out of [Trump's] mouth.

Why don't you focus your energy and free time volunteering for Bernie or Hillary or whomever it is you support?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:49 PM

29,992 posts, read 16,591,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yet you fall into the category of "listening...[to] every word that falls out of [Trump's] mouth.

Why don't you focus your energy and free time volunteering for Bernie or Hillary or whomever it is you support?
I'm sorry - but you don't get to tell me what threads I can post on and you have no idea what I do with my free time because most of us here don't spend much time posting about it.

Trump is an endless supply of entertainment. Like most Americans, i wouldn't vote for him if my life depended on it, but I sure hope he doesn't go anywhere soon.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:18 PM

18,145 posts, read 10,132,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I do. Working the phones for Bernie tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:20 PM

18,145 posts, read 10,132,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm sorry - but you don't get to tell me what threads I can post on and you have no idea what I do with my free time because most of us here don't spend much time posting about it.

Trump is an endless supply of entertainment. Like most Americans, i wouldn't vote for him if my life depended on it, but I sure hope he doesn't go anywhere soon.
Trump is a human cartoon, much like Sarah. He's all the comic relief we have now that Ben has quit running his mouth. Besides, SNL is supporting his candidacy. They see him as a retirement plan.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:21 PM

45,001 posts, read 17,891,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump hasn't cancelled the meeting, just the press conference that claimed would announce "...a coalition of 100 African-American evangelical pastors and religious leaders who will endorse the GOP front-runner ..." . the meeting is still going forward...
Sounds like he had both.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:24 PM

20,325 posts, read 9,862,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Sounds like he had both.
yep. an impromptu press conference was held after the campaign had originally cancelled it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or