U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 09:52 PM

14,583 posts, read 9,649,620 times

Advertisements

Was this an audition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 11:06 PM

20,606 posts, read 8,779,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It's very refreshing coming from someone who is or leans liberal. It is much easier to listen to his speech than his show which has so many interruptions.
Here it puts out a thoughtful analysis and describes it in way that is understandable and effective. Trump pulls from all segments of society who realize the elected class has abandoned them in favor of special interest. Their priority is getting reelected and that is where their focus is. Not on what is best for the country.
I'll say it again. People need to think and do what is in the best interest of the county and start with an empty glass.
When the glass finally gets full the Trump glass may not be clear but it will be drinkable. The Hillary glass will be full of thick sludge and you will need something more to wash it down with.
Maybe that was true in the beginning but not anymore. He's reaching the racist segment of society. Pretty much everyone who hates anyone that isn't white and doesn't look american. He sounds like my great aunt

Old 11-29-2015, 11:15 PM

20,606 posts, read 8,779,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Glad to hear people like Chris coming around. Trump is really the best choice in 2016. The country is tired of all the Politically Correct BS. It's time to give a successful outsider a try... someone without all the puppet strings attached.
Honestly, I know many democrats who were ready to vote for him until he finally went to far. Thousands of muslims cheered in NJ when 911 happened. Who really believes this. And he would consider a database for muslims. I'm sorry but we don't need a president like this. It's beneath us.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:31 AM

6,058 posts, read 3,091,728 times
The only thing about what he said I DO NOT agree with is Rubio. He tried to push an amnesty bill through and wanted more h1b visas. He is a traitor to the working class.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:20 AM

752 posts, read 447,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
"[Trump's] pulling those working class Democrats into the party again. He's pulling the suburban swing voter into the fray."
The first sentence may have some validity (at least in parts of the country), but the second is nonsense. Lookup Trump's numbers among college-educated voters, many of whom live in the 'burbs. They're terrible. Which makes sense xenophobia is less attractive to the educated and economically comfortable. Basically, Trump's sweet spot, in the unlikely event he wins the nomination, will be states with a lot of working-class whites and few college graduates (especially women). I think Trump would essentially cede New Hampshire and Virginia, which would make winning the general election pretty challenging.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:14 AM

78,238 posts, read 33,343,867 times
At the end of the day, white collar Republicans do not stay home on election day and they are never going to vote for Hillary.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:03 AM

244 posts, read 126,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
The first sentence may have some validity (at least in parts of the country), but the second is nonsense. Lookup Trump's numbers among college-educated voters, many of whom live in the 'burbs. They're terrible. Which makes sense xenophobia is less attractive to the educated and economically comfortable. Basically, Trump's sweet spot, in the unlikely event he wins the nomination, will be states with a lot of working-class whites and few college graduates (especially women). I think Trump would essentially cede New Hampshire and Virginia, which would make winning the general election pretty challenging.

If you didnt know anything about u.s elections in the last 100 yrs , that "weak spot" is the most unreliable voting block. Its the main reason republicans win on state and local levels so much. The olds show up at the polls and middle age working class whites do as well. Younguns are knowned to take an election off or two see 2008/2012. Whos really excited to see a 70 year Hillary Clinton become pres?

That said Trump says the truth but you dont become president by doing that. The GOP brass has decided to stop Trump at all costs. He will not win.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:07 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,584,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYe60HtQXSs

Chris Matthews is letting his working class Irish roots show through here. This is why Trump will win. He's pulling those working class Democrats into the party again. He's pulling the suburban swing voter into the fray. Hillary is the face of a broken establishment and she's going to get destroyed by Trump.
I can't even stand listening to this idiot. I turned it off after his opening comments about the Republican field. What a completely uninformed jerk. Remember, this is the guy that gets "a tingle up his leg" when Obama speaks.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:38 AM

8,496 posts, read 6,112,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
The only thing about what he said I DO NOT agree with is Rubio. He tried to push an amnesty bill through and wanted more h1b visas. He is a traitor to the working class.
I reached for my mouse button to click it off when he started talking about Rubio - made me sick. Rubio is the emptiest suit on the Republican stage and the one GOP candidate that could give Hillary a run for her money in a contest to determine who is the bigger phony.

Matthews does make the point that the average American feels betrayed and that Trump has spoken directly to that, but he did it with the typical condescension of the liberal elite. He was not complimentary of Trump while recognizing the reason for his success. He also labeled the group of establishment dwarfs (running way behind Trump, Carson, and Fiorina) as the candidates who could be nominated for President.

They'd love to see Rubio nominated because he'd be 2016's McCain. What we saw was the MSNBC agenda, customized for the working man.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:14 AM

10,606 posts, read 4,382,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
The first sentence may have some validity (at least in parts of the country), but the second is nonsense. Lookup Trump's numbers among college-educated voters, many of whom live in the 'burbs. They're terrible. Which makes sense xenophobia is less attractive to the educated and economically comfortable.

It has nothing to do with "xenophobia", which requires an unreasonable, irrational fear. Any rational analysis must conclude that mass immigration hurts working class Americans, and it is in their rational self intrest to oppose it. Wealthier and more educated people are simply more insulated from the negative effects so it matters less to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or