Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 06:15 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So what is your point? I feel pretty good that I didn't vote for either idiot.

Further more I live in NC.
  • '08 NC went for Obama
  • '12 NC went for Romney
I voted for Obama in '08. Seems to me this was loss for Obama, not Romney.
If you project your vote out to all of the populace your one vote went to the Independent who was never going to win so you (and many many others) did not vote for Romney. If you (and everyone else who voted Independent) had just voted for Romney it would have been a vote against Obama & there may have been enough votes to elect Romney instead of Obama.

Its the same thinking that if Trump doesn't win the primaries and runs as an Independent the votes on the Republican side will be split between the Republican candidate & Trump thus lowering support for the Republican candidate and ensuring Clinton wins the election....

Old 12-05-2015, 06:26 AM

989 posts, read 1,876,459 times
Diversity - Failure to assimilate, or selective segregation.

Multiculturalism - Cultural enrichment through national suicide.

Progressiveness - Progress through perversity.

Tolerance - Welcoming your adversaries with open arms and unlimited welfare.

Political correctness - Fools trying to convince each other of their moral superiority through the absurd misuse of our language.(Racism, phobias, haters, ad nauseum).

Liberalism - The philosophy of self-loathing, grasping, sniveling brats and their career victims.

Far-right - Any position toward the political center from Marx-Engels.

Old 12-05-2015, 10:56 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
If you project your vote out to all of the populace your one vote went to the Independent who was never going to win so you (and many many others) did not vote for Romney. If you (and everyone else who voted Independent) had just voted for Romney it would have been a vote against Obama & there may have been enough votes to elect Romney instead of Obama.

Its the same thinking that if Trump doesn't win the primaries and runs as an Independent the votes on the Republican side will be split between the Republican candidate & Trump thus lowering support for the Republican candidate and ensuring Clinton wins the election....
Your first point is long winded way to say - you wasted you vote. First this doesn't address original point made. Second, I completely disagree that voting third party affects outcome. It certainly made a difference in 2000 with Nader in Fla. Those people didn't waste their vote. It forced the DNC candidates to figure out why they didn't get the votes that Nader got.

Your second point assumes that Trump only takes away from GOP voters as Independent. You have no way of knowing this. You don't consider that Trump in the election will also take votes away from Clinton vs Trump not being in election. i.e. If Trump truly is getting all the anti-establishment vote, and the disaffected party members, he may very well pull from both candidates. He only has to win enough electoral votes to keep either of the other two candidates from hitting the magic number. It will get real interesting then.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:01 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
PC is pushing trump right to the top, trump is PC wrecking ball..!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections