Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 08:58 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times

Advertisements

And he's right.

Trump is truly an enigma. Did he decide he no longer wants to be president, so is trying to self-sabotage? Is he secretly a democrat? Or is he just delusional on this topic?

Paul Ryan joins chorus opposing Trump's "Muslim ban"

Paul Ryan: Trump comments "not who we are as a party"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 09:09 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Speaker Paul Ryan is a true conservative who stands for actual conservative beliefs ... like you know, just about every Republican contender except Trump.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
It took him long enough but at least he got there.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:24 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Now, I am waiting for Sen. Raffy Cruz. You know, the guy who was Canadian until 2014 and whose dad was a refugee.

Mick

Old 12-08-2015, 09:31 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,823,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
And he's right.

Trump is truly an enigma. Did he decide he no longer wants to be president, so is trying to self-sabotage? Is he secretly a democrat? Or is he just delusional on this topic?

Paul Ryan joins chorus opposing Trump's "Muslim ban"

Paul Ryan: Trump comments "not who we are as a party"
It's so funny I was thinking the same. I was thinking maybe Trump was running just for his ego, and he never thought he would lead the pack nor win the nomination. Almost just running to stroke that ego and no real desire to be POTUS. Now that he is leading I feel he's like "oh ****" so the easiest way to get out without completely destroying his ego and just flat out drop out, is to self sabatoge make himself lose. Because I am really perplexed.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:36 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
It's so funny I was thinking the same. I was thinking maybe Trump was running just for his ego, and he never thought he would lead the pack nor win the nomination. Almost just running to stroke that ego and no real desire to be POTUS. Now that he is leading I feel he's like "oh ****" so the easiest way to get out without completely destroying his ego and just flat out drop out, is to self sabatoge make himself lose. Because I am really perplexed.
I hope this has been nothing but a big joke for him and he is now trying to find an exit strategy. The issue, though, is the wackier what he spouts out sounds to the reasonable person the more rabid his base becomes.

But, yeah, Ryan making this announcement is very unusual and does indicate how worried the party is. I assume the party wants to make sure this doesn't lead to people using his words as proof that the party as a whole is being blatantly intolerant. You know, the way Akin's words were used to bolster the charge that all Republicans were in engaging in a War against Women.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 12-08-2015 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Serious spelling error

Old 12-08-2015, 10:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Paul Ryan is an establishment Republican. Establishment Republicans, like establishment Democrats are what's wrong with Washington.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:14 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Paul Ryan is an establishment Republican. Establishment Republicans, like establishment Democrats are what's wrong with Washington.
Exactly. These Muslims are against everything the establishment fights for. Theses Muslims don't believe in freedom - look how they treat women.

Yet Paul Ryan defends them? That is sexist. What a bigot.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:15 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It took him long enough but at least he got there.
Trump only just made the remark yesterday (the 7th), no?
So what do you mean took long enough?

Old 12-08-2015, 10:18 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,605,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You do realize that Trump is an establishment Democrat, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections