Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter
College graduate 44 81.48%
Income over 65,000 39 72.22%
Donate to charity 35 64.81%
Understand economics and government. 43 79.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 02:35 PM

15,964 posts, read 7,024,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
No, I am saying thats the way I interpret "YOUR" Poll, and what your actually saying, and how I would put it in Trumps way of speaking. All you are really doing is attacking Trump supporters in a "Politically Correct" attempt. There is no honesty in this Poll. Sorry. (My Opinion)
my poll is exactly the poll that was done and reported on Meet the Press. these are objective measures such as level of education, income, religion. it may be uncomfortable to hear it but not sure what is "politically correct" about them, and i do not get those quotes.

Old 12-17-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What ARE you ranting about? You can say whatever you want. I am merely pointing out that, IMO, Trump supporters want to do away with "PC" speech so they can shout racial slurs like they used to back in the 50's and 60's.

Again, Trump supporters prove me right.

Welcome to the end of any kind of civility or social awareness.
spot on. many of them are ashamed to admit that fact for the reason they support trumps and so the number of Trump supporters is even greater than it shows in the poll, because of these silent supporters.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:43 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
americans have also always been biased against muslims. trump voices this prejudice and all the other ill-informed opinions and thus the support.
the news today reported that there may be more support for trump than what the poll shows- those who who are ashamed to admit they are voting for trump because they might look like bigots and are therefore silent. trump knows this.

Why are you making a blanket statement like that? Not all Americans are biased against Muslims. Those that oppose Muslims object to the extremists in their group. There is nothing prejudiced or bigoted about that.

Old 12-17-2015, 07:46 PM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What ARE you ranting about? You can say whatever you want. I am merely pointing out that, IMO, Trump supporters want to do away with "PC" speech so they can shout racial slurs like they used to back in the 50's and 60's.

Again, Trump supporters prove me right.

Welcome to the end of any kind of civility or social awareness.

That's utter nonsense. That's not why we want to do away with PC. It's because it restricts freedom of speech/opinions where it shouldn't be restricted. Lefty liberals prove me right with your post right here. I find liberals to be among the least civil there are. Social awareness? WTH does that mean?

Old 12-17-2015, 08:21 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our country is not as great as it used to be and for many reasons. Who's scared of being exposed to different cultures and religions as long as they are compatible with ours and assimilate into our society? We've always had different cultures and religions in our country. This is supposed to be something new?
Well said .

Old 12-18-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Why are you making a blanket statement like that? Not all Americans are biased against Muslims. Those that oppose Muslims object to the extremists in their group. There is nothing prejudiced or bigoted about that.
It is a historical fact that Muslims and Islam have always been held with suspicion in a way Hinduism or Buddhism was not. Sure Jews were hated to as were Catholics, but the prejudice against Muslims is even more deep seated. If you need links I can try and provide them.

All faiths have extremists. those who claim fear of all muslims because of extremist terrorism and want to round american muslims up and deny them visas, why do you not show the same fear towards white, mostly christian, mass murderers, and slaughterers of children, and support gun control? maybe you have not properly examined your prejudice.

Of course not all americans are biased against muslims. some are themselves muslims. and others believe in freedom of religion and the constitution. it is mostly those who become Trump supporters. He knows this and that is why he telegraphs these ugly messages. he is a marketeer, he knows how to hone his message.

Last edited by cb2008; 12-18-2015 at 10:27 AM..

Old 12-18-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
That's utter nonsense. That's not why we want to do away with PC. It's because it restricts freedom of speech/opinions where it shouldn't be restricted. Lefty liberals prove me right with your post right here. I find liberals to be among the least civil there are. Social awareness? WTH does that mean?
That question itself is revealing. there is no absolute right to free speech. why don't you go look it up and you may learn something. even in CD you will be banned if you spout hateful words and derogatory comments like all mexicans are rapists as Trump proclaimed with no shame.

precisely what PC language do you object to?
Not using the N word?
Not Calling women the C word?
Not Calling all muslims terrorists?
All brown people something else?
Handicapped people anything you like?

Old 12-18-2015, 10:26 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Apparently, per Meet the Press, typical Trump supporter lacks a college education, is a low income earner, and does not attend church.
Does that say anything about the kind of America it will be with Trump as president? Will it be great?
Your post says more about you than it says about Trump supporters.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Well said .
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Your post says more about you than it says about Trump supporters.
You mean talking about news is something you find offensive?

Old 12-18-2015, 11:51 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
You mean talking about news is something you find offensive?

Don't be obtuse. You know exactly what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections