Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 01:58 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,150,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
Hillary trounces Trump in NBC/WSJ poll:

Hillary 50 Trump 40
Hillary 48 Cruz 45
Hillary 45 Rubio 48

NBC Poll: Clinton Would Trounce Trump But Lose to Rubio, Carson - NBC News

With all due respect to Trump and his supporters, if he keeps routinely getting destroyed by her in head to head matchups between now and the convention, the GOP are going to have so much leverage as to why the nominee just has to go to someone else, given that his rivals continue to poll FAR better than him against Clinton also.

He needs to improve these head to heads IMO, otherwise his rivals and the GOP establishment will repeatedly tell everyone what a lot of us thought that he's simply not electable in a general election.
The "lol-its-good4U poll":

Hillary = Maybe - Trump = Maybe
Hillary = Maybe - Cruz = Maybe
Hillary = Maybe - Rubio = Maybe

If the stars align your candidate will/would win.

In other words another BS of effort whomever tried initiating another inaccurate "gauge" who (with others who participate and conduct these types of "gauges") try/attempt to manipulate others in the voter base in more ways than one.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:04 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
I thought the Trumpsters loved polls. Or is it only those where he is ahead?

Old 12-14-2015, 02:06 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Polls can change in one day; let alone one week or the months before the election. Hillary is playing Russian roulette by not acknowledging that we could have a problem on our own soil with ISIS. One more attack, before November, could sink her and her fat war chest.

It isn't only that; but Trump's attention is focused on winning his party's nomination. Then it will go into high gear against, I presume, Hillary polls like this one, are simply a distraction to Trump. But, as a smart businessman, I am sure he has his eye on the ball. He is not used to loosing like 'Queen' Hillary.
Hillary's probably the biggest warmonger of them all (except for Graham). She'll fight ISIS however she has to.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:06 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,894,203 times
More data that supports voting for Rubio over Trump in the primary. Thanks.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:38 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,358,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I thought the Trumpsters loved polls. Or is it only those where he is ahead?
I love this poll. It says that Ben Carson will beat Hillary Clinton. Imagine that.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:52 PM

11,522 posts, read 5,583,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just a couple of things with your theory. First, a lot of polls can reach both landlines and cell phones. I had one just a few days ago. No, it had nothing to do with who I would vote for, but it was a survey. Add to this, on line polls are about the least accurate because they can be manipulated a lot easier than any polls. Just like the phony Youtubes, most are not realistic and are only taken seriously by those who want to believe them. Anyone can make one or edit one to show what one would like to show.

Now, the part of your comments about predictions he would sink and the importance of polls, you are right. Polls are as good as the person doing the polling, they can be worded in a way to get the results desired and that is being shown in the results we keep getting daily. Yes, people have thought he was just a joke for quite awhile, but he is hanging in there. Now, the interesting thing is; will he last? The only thing we are starting to see; many polls are showing him losing some support. Will that continue, who knows, but it appears people like you who are his cheerleaders may see his support diminish. Yes, we might want change, but as we get into the primary season will his brand of change be seen as realistic?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/op...ling.html?_r=0 - Very few gt polled on their cell phones as per this article - so I disagree with you. Online polls are probably more accurate as most people won't make up a dozen new email addresses to skew a poll.

Donald has gone up and down throughout the months - so his losing a couple of points now means nothing.

Since I haven't decided who to vote for - it's people like me - you have to be worried about! Not a cheerleader and not a KoolAid drinker - just a Democrat disgusted with the current status of gov't.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:15 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,311,638 times
Rubio beats Hillary in this poll and just about every other recent head to head poll too. Cruz is right on her within the margin of error. Trump is doing the worst of the 3 against her. That's why I've been saying the last month, it's going to come down to Rubio and Cruz, especially if you want a real shot at beating Hillary

Old 12-14-2015, 03:20 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,938,650 times
Quote:

Hillary 50 Trump 40
Hillary 48 Cruz 45
Hillary 45 Rubio 48

With all due respect to Trump and his supporters, if he keeps routinely getting destroyed by her in head to head matchups between now and the convention, the GOP are going to have so much leverage as to why the nominee just has to go to someone else, given that his rivals continue to poll FAR better than him against Clinton also.

He needs to improve these head to heads IMO, otherwise his rivals and the GOP establishment will repeatedly tell everyone what a lot of us thought that he's simply not electable in a general election.
You do understand that in an NBC poll, bias as they are, the ratio of Democrats to Republicans is usually 60 dems/40repubs. And, they finagle the results and can't be trusted. So crow all you want but the Poll means nothing.

Old 12-14-2015, 03:23 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,199,600 times
Quote:

Hillary 50 Trump 40
Hillary 48 Cruz 45
Hillary 45 Rubio 48

This just in, in a Fox poll, the numbers are reversed....LOL....

Old 12-14-2015, 04:00 PM

19,580 posts, read 20,395,815 times
How about we close this forum until October 2016?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections