Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 11:49 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times

Advertisements

Something like this is totally realistic. Trump is not a career politician and truly an outsider. While he may be a businessman who has worked with politicians, he's never held an elected office. He's not even a long time registered (or die hard anyway) Republican.
Even if they don't get the most delegates or caucus or primary victories, Cruz or even Jeb (fixed voting machines in the general) will wind up with the nod. They are entrenched in the GOP.
Why? Look at how they rigged it for McCain in 2008 as payback for not fighting back so early in the primary season against the Bush machine in 2000 and this article tells you all you need to know about 2012, when Mittens, in a rotten way, got the nod.
https://jaretglenn.wordpress.com/201...from-ron-paul/
Romney admits GOP stole 2012 Nomination for him

I'm not a Republican by any stretch and most of them disgust me, especially Trump. But, if they pull this stuff against him in 2016, the same way they did Ron Paul (Which was a mistake, he would have given Obama more of a fight than Mittens, even if he still would have lost), then I don't blame Trump at all, for breaking his word last night and running 3rd party.
While, I wonder about the Democrats rigging it for Hillary, it doesn't look quite as blantant so far and if they really wanted to rig it for her, they had every chance to do that in 2008 but chose not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 12:08 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
If Cruz stays in, Trump will not get enough votes to win outright and the convention will end up being contested. That is where the establishment may lock Trump out. But if he can and does get the votes, they will be stuck with him. How much support he will get is an open question in that case. But this conspiracy nonsense is just that.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:39 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I say if Trump gets the nomination, he'll use his deal-making skills to settle with the Republican Machine on a VP pick they can both agree on and in turn, they will shut off their fire hoses.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:19 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times
Trump basically gave Republicans a pass on any future attacking at the last debate (he said that he would not run as an Independent whatsoever), so expect to see a lot of attack ads on Trump before Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina. Jeb is still sitting on a massive pile of money that obviously isn't being used for much right now.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:24 PM

1,676 posts, read 944,964 times
Yes, but that doesn't mean that Trump will keep his word if treated unfairly. He pledged before, and then changed his mind just a few weeks later.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:29 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
Do you consider the pledge to be a contract?

I do.

And when the RNC does not uphold their end

Trump is released from the terms.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:35 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Man this nonsense is getting old. I can't believe there are still people out there that actually believe Jeb has a chance?

Trump will be the nominee, get over it...

Old 12-16-2015, 09:34 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Man this nonsense is getting old. I can't believe there are still people out there that actually believe Jeb has a chance?

Trump will be the nominee, get over it...
Then Hillary will be the president. I am among the voters that will vote for her before Trump, the devil and his demons will probably be in the middle of a snowball fight because in '12 I said Hell would freeze over before I voted for her, but that is what I will do before I voted for Trump.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:38 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Then Hillary will be the president. I am among the voters that will vote for her before Trump, the devil and his demons will probably be in the middle of a snowball fight because in '12 I said Hell would freeze over before I voted for her, but that is what I will do before I voted for Trump.
I wouldn't vote for either. Trump would result in catastrophic GOP losses. Trump fans would then go on to blame the media for his historic loss.

Luckily, adults are running the GOP (not easily persuaded Trump fans) and know a winner when they see one.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:44 PM

461 posts, read 332,986 times
Either Trump is nominee and GOP supports him because only idiots or die hard democrats want Hillary OR we did as we did in 2012 and vote 3rd party OR don't vote at all and the GOP can enjoy 4 to 8 years of Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections