Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2016, 10:55 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Beyond most of this being nonsense, none of this happened in the New Hampshire primary. It's a Blue state.

What did happen is that 10s of 1000s of former Democrats decided to re-register as Republicans.

Very bad for the Democrat's prospects.

I suspect the same thing happened in Iowa, but the Democrats won't release the vote totals. They are scared of what that shows.
You are aware that in many states with open primaries the parties will mobilize their voters to vote for the other party's most extreme candidate to help them win the election right? Yeah, they registered as Republicans alright ... to vote for the most crazies GOP candidate, Trump. THEY WANT TO RUN AGAINST HIM! Why can't you grasp this? Trump is their dream candidate. Both Sanders and Hillary would annihilate him in a general election.

Seriously, I can't wait to see what you have to say late in the evening on November 8th 2016 when the results come out and Trump's loss is on par with Goldwater in 1964.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
You are aware that in many states with open primaries the parties will mobilize their voters to vote for the other party's most extreme candidate to help them win the election right? Yeah, they registered as Republicans alright ... to vote for the most crazies GOP candidate, Trump. THEY WANT TO RUN AGAINST HIM! Why can't you grasp this? Trump is their dream candidate. Both Sanders and Hillary would annihilate him in a general election.

Seriously, I can't wait to see what you have to say late in the evening on November 8th 2016 when the results come out and Trump's loss is on par with Goldwater in 1964.

How Silly. Do honestly think that Bernie Sanders & Hillary Clinton would agree to a plan to shift 10s of 1000s of voters over to the GOP? They were both spending millions for every vote they could get.

As far as being serious you are demonstrating that you aren't.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:55 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Trump has a huge unfavorable rating among voters, something like 58%. He would not win the presidential election because the majority of Americans won't vote for him, me included.

We have to put a candidate up for nomination that is Normal. If we do, we can beat Hillary. Anyone but Trump could beat Hillary.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ection-voters/

Old 02-11-2016, 12:05 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Trump has a huge unfavorable rating among voters, something like 58%. He would not win the presidential election because the majority of Americans won't vote for him, me included.

We have to put a candidate up for nomination that is Normal. If we do, we can beat Hillary. Anyone but Trump could beat Hillary.

Donald Trump Is Really Unpopular With General Election Voters | FiveThirtyEight
Anyone "normal" was a sure bet to defeat Obama 4 years ago.

How'd that work out?

Agreed Trump probably can't win, but either can the moderates Bush, Kacish or Rubio. They'll be another Romney.

What do you say we actually do something different for a change and nominate a conservative?

We've tried moderates. They fail.

Last time we nominated a true conservative, was 1980 and that worked out pretty well.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:07 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

I understand the analogy, but Trump is no Goldwater.

How will Trump explain this video in the general election if he faces Hillary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvrXrbQIDi0

Old 02-11-2016, 12:07 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post

How'd that work out?
Nope. There were plenty, including myself that said the GOP would lose if they nominated Romney.

I voted 3rd party because I refused to vote for either Obama or Romney.

This won't happen with Trump.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:15 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post

How'd that work out?

Agreed Trump probably can't win, but either can the moderates Bush, Kacish or Rubio. They'll be another Romney.

What do you say we actually do something different for a change and nominate a conservative?

We've tried moderates. They fail.

Last time we nominated a true conservative, was 1980 and that worked out pretty well.

What don't you understand about Trump's 58% unfavorable rating among voters?

Trump presents no specifics....NONE...for his presidency other than platitudes.
Trump bullies, name calling and face making like a schoolyard child, those who disagree with him or criticize him.
Trump proclaims he's "awesome" in every way and that rhetoric is good enough for you?
Trump has been divorced twice, once from a former mistress he impregnated while still married to his first wife.

Conservative? Evangelical? Moral? Trump? In a pig's eye.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 02-11-2016 at 12:23 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 12:19 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,347,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
What don't you understand about Trump's 58% unfavorable rating among voters?
Did you mean this for me? I said I didn't think he could win.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:24 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Trump is divine punishment on the sins of the Republican Party:

Or should we begin to root for Donald Trump — not as a candidate actually to champion, now or in the fall, but as an agent of divine retribution for a corrupt and stumbling party, a pillaging-and-torching Babylonian invasion of which it must be said: The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/10/op...ican-mess.html

Old 02-11-2016, 12:27 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
There are some (Democrat-leaning) who can't stand Hillary Clinton and might sit out the election rather than bother vote for her, but the threat of a Trump candidacy will convince them to go vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections