Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 04:50 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Inevitable Jeb originally was counting on doing well in New Hampshire and Nevada, I think. He probably figured if he came in at Numbers 1, 2 or 3 in the early states he could get some delegates until Florida voted then he would get Winner Take All in Florida. There are probably people still whispering in his ear that he's going to win. It's not really about his opponents. The only person who had it right this year was his mother when she said, "We've had enough Bushes." Too many Bushes in too short of a time period.

Although he has money to go far, I don't think his pride will let him. He has to come in, in the Top 3 in NH and he has to watch Florida.
I'm losing confidence in your skill of political assessments.

The last Rites of Jeb Bushes Miserable Political Career are being said, as of Now.

Bush, the goofball candidate, is Done, Toast, Fini, Through. It is over for dem Bushes !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 04:59 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Could he maybe think all his money can buy the election? I hear on city-data constantly about how much money he has raised. The same is said about the Clinton machine. Read my lips. It's not about money; it's about leadership and character. Maybe the lousy Bush/Clinton Era is over. For the sake of our country, we certainly hope so.

You know the old saying about doing the same thing and hoping for different results.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:28 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
The first caucus, the first primary ballot hasn't been counted.....if Bush screws up the first several state's election, then go ahead and endorse Rubio or Cruz......but why in the world would he quit now before the official race even begins? It all starts in about 40-50 days.....lots of campaigning to do......

Hey Trump.....The Jerk Store Called.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KmTTy_MM5w

Old 12-19-2015, 06:04 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
He's not going anywhere until the donors that "own" him give their permission.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:14 PM

260 posts, read 239,396 times
I think he's hanging on because he's the guy the establishment wants. Though realistically, he doesn't have a chance. I really liked W. but I don't think Jeb has what it takes. I think him being the establishment pick and his obvious dislike of Trump is what's keeping him going.

Bush needs to leave the race. A lot of people do or we won't make any real progress. As much as some are good guys, they don't have a real shot- Pataki, Santorum, huckabee, and Kasich. I liked Rand Paul at first too but he just looks softer as time goes on. They need to make space for someone who can win. I think Rubio and Cruz both have a shot at passing Trump and I like Christie as well though I'm not sure about his chances. Bush staying in just puzzles me

Old 12-19-2015, 06:46 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
I think he's hanging on because he's the guy the establishment wants. Though realistically, he doesn't have a chance. I really liked W. but I don't think Jeb has what it takes. I think him being the establishment pick and his obvious dislike of Trump is what's keeping him going.

Bush needs to leave the race. A lot of people do or we won't make any real progress. As much as some are good guys, they don't have a real shot- Pataki, Santorum, huckabee, and Kasich. I liked Rand Paul at first too but he just looks softer as time goes on. They need to make space for someone who can win. I think Rubio and Cruz both have a shot at passing Trump and I like Christie as well though I'm not sure about his chances. Bush staying in just puzzles me
The people you think are good choices puzzle me. I don't like any of your choices. I like Huckabee but reality says he probably won't make it. The good seem to finish last. But if Huckabee is on the ballot when I vote, he will get my vote unless something really awful happens. If the front runner chooses Cruz or Christie as vice president I will write in Huckabee's name instead of going with dishonest, unqualified candidates or those that are soft on illegal immigration. I have absolutely no doubt that Huckabee would be the best choice of those still in the race if he is still in the race. I can accept Trump or Santorum if either makes a good vice presidential choice. I like Rand Paul too. Wouldn't a ticket of Trump/Paul be interesting?

Rubio is no more ready to be president than Obama was.

Old 12-19-2015, 07:07 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

The last Rites of Jeb Bushes Miserable Political Career are being said, as of Now.

Bush, the goofball candidate, is Done, Toast, Fini, Through. It is over for dem Bushes !!

Miserable political career?

Jeb Bush was a very effective governor, but he's not the first to not have been able to parlay that into a successful presidential run. He should drop out now.

P.S. With respect to "dem" other Bushes--of course it's over for them. Neither one is president anymore.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Inevitable Jeb originally was counting on doing well in New Hampshire and Nevada, I think. He probably figured if he came in at Numbers 1, 2 or 3 in the early states he could get some delegates until Florida voted then he would get Winner Take All in Florida. There are probably people still whispering in his ear that he's going to win. It's not really about his opponents. The only person who had it right this year was his mother when she said, "We've had enough Bushes." Too many Bushes in too short of a time period..
You hit the nail on the head. In fact, JEB didn't decide to announce until the GOP had changed the delegate rules with this very plan in mind. It's as underhanded as the setup the DNC is using to protect King Hillary.

Unfortunately for them, Trump threw a wrench into this plan.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

Two time governor of the 3rd most populated state. Not miserable.

Not sure why Trump would care if Bush stays are goes. I'm thinking Bush voters will head to Cruz or Rubio since Trump is a blowhard prick and all......

Old 12-20-2015, 06:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
We think he is staying in to destroy the Trump campaign so that a non Trump can win. If he gets out now no one will benefit from his few % of voters, whoever he chooses to endorse.
I guess he could leave the race and then hit the campaign trail with the one he wants to be the nominee.

Every post debate article says Bush was one of the losers in that debate. It's because he attends for the purpose of attacking Trump.

CNN asked what is his purpose to stay in just to finish 6th or 7th in New Hampshire?
Is he pocketing some of the campaign funds?
The field needs to dwindle to 5-6 and then the real fireworks will start at the debates as everyone attacks the front runner whoever that might be at the time.
He has money that pretty much must be spent so why drop out at this stage? To many of us, we wonder why as well, but to answer your question about pocketing some of the money? Absolutely not, for ac couple of reasons. Yes, the field needs to be narrowed down to 5 or less, which will, most likely happen just before super Tues or right after. Remember back in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections