Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 05:40 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
he actually wants to talk about substance, not attack other candidates all day. I know I know not the soap opera america likes
He just called trump a pathological liar, so maybe he is coming around.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/berni...ry?id=35854731
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 06:02 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,521,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
He just called trump a pathological liar, so maybe he is coming around.
Bernie Sanders Calls Donald Trump a
Don't be daft. Of course he will occasionally speak of wrongdoings of other candidates, but unlike what people love and want out of politicians (and reality tv stars), he won't spend his entire campaign doing it.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:14 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Don't be daft. Of course he will occasionally speak of wrongdoings of other candidates, but unlike what people love and want out of politicians (and reality tv stars), he won't spend his entire campaign doing it.
Exactly.

Sanders is like 95% substance and 5% playing politics. He's actually fighting for something he believes in and would prefer to focus on issues that actually matter.

Really all the Democratic candidates are trying to focus on the issues. Some of the Republican candidates would clearly like to talk about issues but instead the whole primary process has turned into nothing but a reality show where candidates compete to say the most outrageous, offensive, and personally insulting things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
The fact that Hillary Clinton refused to accept his apology about the database episode is evidence enough of this.
Were you watching a different debate? The matter was dealt with in the first few minutes.

Old 12-20-2015, 06:49 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Corporate media doesnt like the fact that he will take away the millions they earn from Super PACs and political advertisements. Its a matter of survival for the mainstream media. It really is a corrupt system.
Well my daily reading list are a series of websites that most Republicans regard as being to the left of Mao Zedong and there aren't a lot of Bernie Sanders stories on them either because believe it or not, even left wing independent media needs something NEW to write about. There are only so many stories that you can write about on a daily basis other than the latest polls, the nuts and bolts of his campaign operation, what happened in the last debate. There are only so many Bernie believes this, espouses that, or proposes this that and the other stories you can write about, this is why the "main stream media" whatever that means has to turn every election into a horse race, who's leading who today, who is doing better than expected, who is doing worse than expected because there really isn't a lot of news in day to day campaigns.

I feel like I'm sounding like a broken record... which is how campaign speeches sound to reporters. I've been on enough campaigns where at the end of the day, reporters can lip sync every stump speech, that just how boring it is out there.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:01 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Stop being daft. I never said he would spend his entire campaign doing it, but was showing he is not above attacking other candidates personally.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:52 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Here is the thing: Sanders gets little attention, but what attention he gets is ALMOST ALWAYS GOOD.

Rand Paul gets almost no attention, and what little attention he gets is ALMOST ALWAYS BAD.

And there is no real evidence of media bias against Bernie Sanders considering how much so many in the media love him. For Rand Paul on the other hand...
CNN Reporter Conspired With Hillary Aide to Discredit Rand Paul in 2013, Emails Show

And if you Bernie Kool-Aid drinkers say "well, Rand Paul can't win so it doesn't matter," I say the same about Mr. B.S. As soon as the primaries get to the South, Bernie will be "feeling the Burn" alright.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections