Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2016, 04:57 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

^Hmm. You defend a liar, by giving example of another someone else you consider to be a liar?

Old 02-05-2016, 05:03 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's not just SC. I'd say it's the same in every state in the South or anywhere where the majority of Democrat voters are Black.
SC and Alabama are the only two states where the majority of the Democratic primary voters are black though. Its large in the south overall, sure, I agree with that. But it's also true that southern super Tuesday states like Oklahoma and Tennessee are 82% and 67% non-white among the Dem voters.

And she is counting on people staying uninformed about Bernie Sanders. It's a dangerous strategy. It's still true that a huge percentage of minorities dont know about Sanders but its common to tune in late to the game there.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:08 PM

I would not put Oklahoma in the South. But I agree about Tenn.

See this map. Hillary will win every state where you see a lot of green. Lots of delegates.

The Racial Dot Map: One Dot Per Person for the Entire U.S.

Bernie may have a chance in flyover country, and might do well in the NW.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:

See this map. Hillary will win every state where you see a lot of green. Lots of delegates.

I agree he has some work cut out for him, definitely. But Alabama is also a super Tuesday state, and is the only state in the nation with SC where the majority Dem voters are black.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton holds an 11 point lead, 54-43% over Bernie Sanders with less than four
weeks to go until Alabama holds its primaries.

Clinton has strong support among women, the non-millennial crowd, and minorities,
while Sanders draws strong support from men, younger people, and those identifying as
white.
http://overtimepolitics.com/pollingd...ll-Alabama.pdf

I'd say he is doing good things in the south and slowly but surely catching up as people in these states tune in late and they get to know him.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:18 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:

She'll do well in the populous orange areas in Texas also, where Joaquin Castro, Julian Castro, and Leticia Van de Putte are campaigning enthusiastically for her.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I agree he has some work cut out for him, definitely. But Alabama is also a super Tuesday state, and is the only state in the nation with SC where the majority Dem voters are black.
But it's very close in many of these states. For example.

NC Vote for Obama 2012 (determined by exit polls)
  • White = 977,665
  • Black = 994,786
NC allows those registered as Independents to vote in either primary. NC does not like Hillary Clinton and she lost the NC primary against Obama in '08. With that said, I still think Bernie would have a very difficult time in NC and other similar states.

I would say that Virginia & Georgia, are very similar in this regard. i.e. Tough for Bernie to crack. If he does manage it somehow, however, Hillary is done. In Florida, the Hispanic vote becomes important and may tip the scales. Florida has a closed primary.

Old 02-05-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
But it's very close in many of these states. For example.

NC Vote for Obama 2012 (determined by exit polls)
  • White = 977,665
  • Black = 994,786
NC allows those registered as Independents to vote in either primary. NC does not like Hillary Clinton and she lost the NC primary against Obama in '08. With that said, I still think Bernie would have a very difficult time in NC and other similar states.

I would say that Virginia & Georgia, are very similar in this regard. i.e. Tough for Bernie to crack. If he does manage it somehow, however, Hillary is done. In Florida, the Hispanic vote becomes important and may tip the scales. Florida has a closed primary.
I agree with you that these states would be very tough, no doubt about it. You do point out something important regarding NC. Independent voting could be really important for Bernie in that state as he is doing far better than Hillary among independents in pretty much every state I've seen. Another factor we shouldn't forget is that about 15% of states like NC, Virginia and Georgia are neither black nor white, but Asian and Latino. Hillary shouldn't take the AA vote for granted IMO. As we see in Alabama, in that poll that had her only 11% ahead, he is chipping away at the AA vote and he is likely to pick up some delegates in that state even if he might not win there (winning a state like Alabama would be almost unbelievable).

Old 02-06-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I agree with you that these states would be very tough, no doubt about it. You do point out something important regarding NC. Independent voting could be really important for Bernie in that state as he is doing far better than Hillary among independents in pretty much every state I've seen. Another factor we shouldn't forget is that about 15% of states like NC, Virginia and Georgia are neither black nor white, but Asian and Latino. Hillary shouldn't take the AA vote for granted IMO. As we see in Alabama, in that poll that had her only 11% ahead, he is chipping away at the AA vote and he is likely to pick up some delegates in that state even if he might not win there (winning a state like Alabama would be almost unbelievable).
In terms of NC, it's primary, and Independents, you could be right about Bernie. But ironically, Bernie will be competing against Trump for the registered independent vote. They will have to decide if they want to vote anti-establishment for the Democrats or Republicans.

Old 02-06-2016, 06:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Hillary may have a problem if Kasich actually moves to top of GOP Krazy Kar ladder.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:11 PM

Hillary apparently has sent well over 10 000 volunteers to NH and they are flooding the state. I think this could go down to the wire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections