Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 09:00 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,975,092 times

Advertisements

Why I think Hillary will ultimately prevail over Sanders:

Comparing national poll average in 2008 to 2016 two months after the race started in Iowa:

March 3rd 2008 (2 months after Iowa caucus on Jan 3rd) : Obama +6.2%
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Democratic Presidential Nomination

April 1st 2016 (2 months after Iowa caucus on Feb 1st) : Clinton +8.6%

Sanders actually closed in on Hillary in late February after his huge win in New Hampshire, but he was unable to pull closer nationally.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:06 AM

New Poll :

Oregon (KATU-TV/SurveyUSA) : Clinton +1

Old 04-02-2016, 11:05 AM

New poll

Wisconsin (Loras College) : Clinton +6

Old 04-02-2016, 01:17 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Wisconsin may be a nail biter! I like the east coast states because the polls close there early enough my time (mountain) that I can get the results and still get to bed at a decent hour. I may have to plan for a late night on Tuesday! lol!

Old 04-02-2016, 01:20 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Wisconsin may be a nail biter! I like the east coast states because the polls close there early enough my time (mountain) that I can get the results and still get to bed at a decent hour. I may have to plan for a late night on Tuesday! lol!
I agree, nothing like watching east coast elections on Pacific time. They are usually settled by the time I make dinner.

Old 04-02-2016, 05:42 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Bernie is getting petty, dirty, and away from the issues. He's beginning to sound like a Republican that way. I liked him when he was talking about what he stood for rather than yammering on about Clinton's PACs that she has no control and distorting the nature of contributions to her campaign. I hope he loses now.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:20 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Bernie is getting petty, dirty, and away from the issues. He's beginning to sound like a Republican that way. I liked him when he was talking about what he stood for rather than yammering on about Clinton's PACs that she has no control and distorting the nature of contributions to her campaign. I hope he loses now.
Yes, Bernie has long since past the point where he was running FOR something. Now he's just running AGAINST Clinton.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:39 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Haha, is Hillary and her campaign still feigning offense? There seems to be this notion from Clinton advocates that Sanders is supposed to sit quietly in the corner and highlight Hillary's strengths. She needs to man up.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:55 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Haha, is Hillary and her campaign still feigning offense? There seems to be this notion from Clinton advocates that Sanders is supposed to sit quietly in the corner and highlight Hillary's strengths. She needs to man up.
Funny, isn't it, how the Clintonistas have completely different standards for their candidate and for everyone else.
She wasn't supposed to have any opposition.
She wasn't supposed to have to defend any of her positions.
It was supposed to be a cakewalk with everyone just bending over to kiss Madam Secretary's feet.

If she remains so ideal and so electable, it shouldn't matter in the least what any other candidate says about her.
But this continued focus on how "mean" Sen. Sanders is being makes me think that some bodies aren't convinced that she's got the backbone to withstand election season without kid glove handling, let alone the presidency.
Do people think, if elected, it will get easier for her?

It won't.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:31 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Funny, isn't it, how the Clintonistas have completely different standards for their candidate and for everyone else.
She wasn't supposed to have any opposition.
She wasn't supposed to have to defend any of her positions.
It was supposed to be a cakewalk with everyone just bending over to kiss Madam Secretary's feet.

If she remains so ideal and so electable, it shouldn't matter in the least what any other candidate says about her.
But this continued focus on how "mean" Sen. Sanders is being makes me think that some bodies aren't convinced that she's got the backbone to withstand election season without kid glove handling, let alone the presidency.
Do people think, if elected, it will get easier for her?

It won't.
Or..., may be the more established candidates we are more familiar with from both parties are having their established worlds rocked a bit by some real poking at that establishment from Sanders and Trump. Otherwise, Hillary and those other GOP candidates WOULD be more likely to enjoy that "cakewalk."

It is no exception for candidates to "fight back" with some zest, or they are blamed for lack of zest, but no doubt women have a tougher time walking that tight rope. If they respond with anger, they're a bit*ch. When Trump does the same, he's fighting against the establishment, for us (even if he is about as presidential as a barnyard dog). Hillary's hair out of place, look at that! Trump's hair, even that mess doesn't matter.

In any case, seems the voters are wanting change, real change beyond the sort Obama had in mind.

Change of guard is what people want, a real house cleaning.

You might even say a new government...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections