Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 11:14 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Glad to see that Cruz and Rubio are finished. It was just a matter of waiting it out. Kasich is, well, Kasich. Christie was quite impressive and his experience seems like an asset, real asset. Trump is, well Trump - GREAT!!! Carson is always left out and people think Trump is a racist, try taking a look at the moderators if you are looking for racists, either them or who tells them how the debate will go down.

So started out at the top, Cruz rose and fell, Rubio rose and fell, Kasich sat tight on the end, Christie may just have elevated himself and Bush, his coaching is getting better. I suspect now Christie will become the target to see if they can take him out. Personally, messing with Trump or Christie, they better be ready for a fight. Trump and Christie on a ticket? Maybe.
What would make you say they are trough? And BTW a Trump/Christie ticket would spell disaster; both are loud mouths, and are from the same region. I am afraid even their extra weigh, right or wrong will be an issue and I happen to like Christie. He would be my second pick.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:17 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,014,407 times
Cruz was considered to have "lost" the Iowa debate (obviously, any winner or loser is just a subjective opinion) yet won the caucuses. The voters of NH will have the say on who won or lost that debate. Polls there historically are inaccurate as so many people make up their mind at the last minute - sometimes they don't even know for sure if they will vote for a Democratic or Republican candidate until the last minute!

Old 02-07-2016, 11:52 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,648,206 times
I don't want an overweight President. He is a likely candidate for a heart attack while being a president, if he is elected. I have a brother who was not overweight as Christie and he died of a heart attack at 60. Very young.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:01 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,218,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Cruz was considered to have "lost" the Iowa debate (obviously, any winner or loser is just a subjective opinion) yet won the caucuses. The voters of NH will have the say on who won or lost that debate. Polls there historically are inaccurate as so many people make up their mind at the last minute - sometimes they don't even know for sure if they will vote for a Democratic or Republican candidate until the last minute!

We all know now how Cruz won Iowa.

Polling caucuses is a lot harder than a primary.....a primary people come in vote in a booth and go home.....a Caucus is open and people change their votes from the arguments and sometime pressure of other people at the Caucuses.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I don't want an overweight President. He is a likely candidate for a heart attack while being a president, if he is elected. I have a brother who was not overweight as Christie and he died of a heart attack at 60. Very young.

We have had fat Presidents in our history and did just fine......and back then they didn't have the medicine and technology we have today.

just because somebody is fat doesn't mean he can't be do a job.....I'm sure the best doctors in the WH will keep him in a diet and watch closely his heart pressure.

our main concern shouldn't be a candidate's waistline but his policies......Obama look skinny and healthy but his policies has hurt many Americans than eating a box of donuts.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:27 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,648,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
We have had fat Presidents in our history and did just fine......and back then they didn't have the medicine and technology we have today.

just because somebody is fat doesn't mean he can't be do a job.....I'm sure the best doctors in the WH will keep him in a diet and watch closely his heart pressure.

our main concern shouldn't be a candidate's waistline but his policies......Obama look skinny and healthy but his policies has hurt many Americans than eating a box of donuts.
I agree policies matter but I think people being people are. Youthful and energy people win votes. JFK and Obama are two examples. In my voting history, since 82, no fat president that I know off was elected.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:31 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,014,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
We all know now how Cruz won Iowa.

Polling caucuses is a lot harder than a primary.....a primary people come in vote in a booth and go home.....a Caucus is open and people change their votes from the arguments and sometime pressure of other people at the Caucuses.
No, we don't all know how Cruz won. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing what the Cruz campaign did, it was dirty politics and confirms his sleaze factor. But Carson out performed his RCP average, so it's not at all clear that Cruz's tricks actually took enough votes away from Carson to have made a difference. Based on the polling numbers, the votes Cruz took from anyone came from Trump supporters.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:13 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Though I understand how you feel and this has to be a concern or everyone, at least something to think about; that being said there are a lot of older people as heavy as Trump and Christie who live to be 90. My own grandma, she died at 86 and her entire 5 ft tall probably carried 200 lbs. She isn't the only one. There are a lot of people suffering heart attacks without having weight problems. That being said, a combination f excess lbs and the pressure of the presidency would make one more susceptible to heart trouble.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I agree policies matter but I think people being people are. Youthful and energy people win votes. JFK and Obama are two examples. In my voting history, since 82, no fat president that I know off was elected.

people have bias against fat people.....I find that shallow.....if Christie can be healthy to be governor then he can be President. I care about his policies not his weight.

since 82, I don't recall many fat people running for office unless you count Bill Clinton, he has overweight when he ran in 1992.....Now he looks like he has aids or something in how fragile he looks.

Old 02-07-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No, we don't all know how Cruz won. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing what the Cruz campaign did, it was dirty politics and confirms his sleaze factor. But Carson out performed his RCP average, so it's not at all clear that Cruz's tricks actually took enough votes away from Carson to have made a difference. Based on the polling numbers, the votes Cruz took from anyone came from Trump supporters.

tell you what, if Cruz doesn't repeat what he did in Iowa in S.C. and other Southern states then its obvious how he won Iowa.

If Cruz doesn't win S.C. then that answers the doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections