Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2016, 05:41 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,367,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump will be destroyed in the general election, and then you can go back to being a Democrat.
Nope. Trump will win.

And in any case, I've realized the lunacy of marrying one's self to a political party.

You should take lesson from this.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You are confusing the inability to predict who conservatives would support and why
Luv, I'm not confusing anything. Anyone who might label themselves as "conservative" or "liberal" isn't using their brain cells to think. Instead they have sold themselves out to political dogma.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:52 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,354,813 times
For Trump to only have 37% GOP support in a border state like California shows what a pathetic frontrunner he is. You'd think that California Republicans would be most receptive to his Muslim ban and Mexican Wall, but he's practically tied with Cruz.

He's fading before our eyes.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:09 PM

29,335 posts, read 9,500,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Luv, I'm not confusing anything. Anyone who might label themselves as "conservative" or "liberal" isn't using their brain cells to think. Instead they have sold themselves out to political dogma.
Peaches, I was hoping for some substantive defense for all the noted Trump criticisms, but again nothing but more rhetoric, and I would argue that those who don't know whether they are aligned with either the conservative or liberal agenda are the confused ones. You can't very well know much about politics and not know to which side you lean and/or vote.

Only those who are inspired by personality traits over the different political agendas can "sit on the fence" like that between conservative and liberal ideology, Democrats vs Republicans.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Peaches, I was hoping for some substantive defense for all the noted Trump criticisms,....
Oh Please. That is the last thing you want. Anyone who needs someone like me to do the homework for them, really doesn't want to know.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:44 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,964,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
For Trump to only have 37% GOP support in a border state like California shows what a pathetic frontrunner he is. You'd think that California Republicans would be most receptive to his Muslim ban and Mexican Wall, but he's practically tied with Cruz.

He's fading before our eyes.

Why don't you follow the money? Or, at least, the odds: USA Presidential Election: 2016 Odds | Odds Shark.

Of course those odds do not favor Trump against Hillary right now; but his attention is not focused on Hillary - that will change when he gets the nomination.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:04 PM

8,080 posts, read 6,678,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. Trump will win.

And in any case, I've realized the lunacy of marrying one's self to a political party.

You should take lesson from this.
Trump has been winning against the odds from the get go. I don't see that changing anytime soon or later for that matter.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:52 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,354,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Why don't you follow the money? Or, at least, the odds: USA Presidential Election: 2016 Odds | Odds Shark.

Of course those odds do not favor Trump against Hillary right now; but his attention is not focused on Hillary - that will change when he gets the nomination.
You're right, Trump is currently focusing on Cruz and guess what? Cruz is gaining on him!

Or did you not see the latest Fox poll that has Cruz within three points of Trump nationally? Or the latest poll in California? Remove Kasich from the mix, and Ted is likely leading both polls, and his lead in Wisconsin is likely larger.

We can stop pretending Trump slays every opponent who dares cross him. He's not invincible, and whatever attacks he sends Hillary's way will be nothing more than the usual rehash, only this time they'll be spoken by a man with a 4th grade level vocabulary. I doubt Hillary will lose much sleep over that.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:15 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,964,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
You're right, Trump is currently focusing on Cruz and guess what? Cruz is gaining on him!

Or did you not see the latest Fox poll that has Cruz within three points of Trump nationally? Or the latest poll in California? Remove Kasich from the mix, and Ted is likely leading both polls, and his lead in Wisconsin is likely larger.

We can stop pretending Trump slays every opponent who dares cross him. He's not invincible, and whatever attacks he sends Hillary's way will be nothing more than the usual rehash, only this time they'll be spoken by a man with a 4th grade level vocabulary. I doubt Hillary will lose much sleep over that.

The bookies don't make a habit of loosing money. Trump still has a good chance of taking all the marbles - at least for the nomination.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:12 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,777,436 times
Trump - Cruz? Same-o, same-o. Two pees of the same pod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections