Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2016, 08:08 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmmm...... You say
  • "California is not a conservative state"
  • "Suddenly Cruz started making a move"
Yet
  • Cruz is extremely Conservative.
  • In fact according to him he's the arch conservative.
Thus

I agree, Cruz has started to make a move. Down. Polling is starting to reflect this. Afterall, why would a state, which you claim isn't conservative, vote for Ted Cruz?
Yea, she/he made no sense with that comment. Contradicted completely. Cruz is the ultra conservative televangelist rattlesnake guy, not happening. He is starting to slip fast, Kasich coming up to meet him. This will all be over shortly with Trump for the win.

Old 04-18-2016, 09:25 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmmm...... You say
  • "California is not a conservative state"
  • "Suddenly Cruz started making a move"
Yet
  • Cruz is extremely Conservative.
  • In fact according to him he's the arch conservative.
Thus

I agree, Cruz has started to make a move. Down. Polling is starting to reflect this. Afterall, why would a state, which you claim isn't conservative, vote for Ted Cruz?
Keep in mind, I believe the original post was referring to only the primaries. California is a very liberal state in a general election. In the primaries, republicans vote within their party. CA is over run with illegals. 1/3 of all illegals in the country are here. Trump resonates strongly with people in the republican party that are sick and tired of the state being dominated with illegals and politicians that cater to them. That's the biggest reason Trump is doing so well. For republicans it's not so much about who is more or less conservative here. It's about getting some control back from the craziness like sanctuary cities, and all the rest of the crap. Trump is the best candidate to stop illegal immigration.

Old 04-18-2016, 10:11 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Keep in mind, I believe the original post was referring to only the primaries. California is a very liberal state in a general election. In the primaries, republicans vote within their party. CA is over run with illegals. 1/3 of all illegals in the country are here. Trump resonates strongly with people in the republican party that are sick and tired of the state being dominated with illegals and politicians that cater to them. That's the biggest reason Trump is doing so well. For republicans it's not so much about who is more or less conservative here. It's about getting some control back from the craziness like sanctuary cities, and all the rest of the crap. Trump is the best candidate to stop illegal immigration.
What does "over run" with illegals mean? 6.3 percent is "over running" the nearly 40 million people in California?

California has the largest number of illegal immigrants in the United States, with an estimated 2.4 million unauthorized immigrants making up about 6.3 percent of the state’s total population, according to the Pew Research Center.

What do you mean "1/3 of all illegals in the country are here?"

Unauthorized immigrants make up 5.1% of the U.S. labor force. In the U.S. labor force, there were 8.1 million unauthorized immigrants either working or looking for work in 2012. Among the states, Nevada (10%), California (9%), Texas (9%) and New Jersey (8%) had the highest shares of unauthorized immigrants in their labor forces.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Only real truth here is that these threads are "over run" with misinformation...

Old 04-18-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
What does "over run" with illegals mean? 6.3 percent is "over running" the nearly 40 million people in California?

California has the largest number of illegal immigrants in the United States, with an estimated 2.4 million unauthorized immigrants making up about 6.3 percent of the state’s total population, according to the Pew Research Center.

What do you mean "1/3 of all illegals in the country are here?"

Unauthorized immigrants make up 5.1% of the U.S. labor force. In the U.S. labor force, there were 8.1 million unauthorized immigrants either working or looking for work in 2012. Among the states, Nevada (10%), California (9%), Texas (9%) and New Jersey (8%) had the highest shares of unauthorized immigrants in their labor forces.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

Only real truth here is that these threads are "over run" with misinformation...
Nice try at disinformation. I won't post links to prove what I said because this thread is not about illegal aliens but you can easily google the fact that 1/3 of all the illegals in the U.S. live in CA. It's not a secret.
And that's why Trump is polling so well here among republicans, like it or not. He's not polling at nearly 50% because people like his hair style.

Old 04-18-2016, 11:52 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Nice try at disinformation. I won't post links to prove what I said because this thread is not about illegal aliens but you can easily google the fact that 1/3 of all the illegals in the U.S. live in CA. It's not a secret.
And that's why Trump is polling so well here among republicans, like it or not. He's not polling at nearly 50% because people like his hair style.
Funny. You surely can't accuse me of any deliberate attempt to provide "disinformation" when I go to the trouble of providing the link to the Pew resource for the correct numbers as far as they are concerned, Pew being one of the more respected commonly used sources for this sort of demographic information.

Now..., point out how it is that Pew is incorrect about these numbers and why you think so, and I will appreciate knowing better, but your accusation is unwarranted and the fact that you don't explain yourself with support of any similar source of this information is weak, to say the least!

Old 04-19-2016, 10:44 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Does California have early voting?

Old 04-19-2016, 12:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Yea, she/he made no sense with that comment. Contradicted completely. Cruz is the ultra conservative telcievangelist rattlesnake guy, not happening. He is starting to slip fast, Kasich coming up to meet him. This will all be over shortly with Trump for the win.
I was referring to the comments about Trump moving in up in the polls: he started high, took a dip and now is on the climb again in Ca. My comment was, it is surprising he started dipping in the first place. Most assumed he would carry Ca because Cruz is so conservative, but now, it appears it might be a dog race because Trump is not as popular even among the less conservatives as he was a few months ago. People are taking a second look. Now does my comments make sense at all to you? As for a rattlesnake type of guy, Cruz might be weird to some including me, but he isn't anymore televangelist than Trump, Trump is just selling his cure all liquid in a different way.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Does California have early voting?
They have had absentee voting for as long as I can remember. We voted absentee in the 60s, but they didn't have early voting. They probably do now, I am not sure.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
They have had absentee voting for as long as I can remember. We voted absentee in the 60s, but they didn't have early voting. They probably do now, I am not sure.
Yes they do although I don't believe it's started yet. At least I haven't received anything in the mail for it yet.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Yes they do although I don't believe it's started yet. At least I haven't received anything in the mail for it yet.
thanks, I should have known that. I remember trying to talk my dad and step mom into not supporting Perot way back and they informing me, they had already voted early, so to not waste my breath. If they were live to day they would vote for Trump I am sure. Normally, I think early voting starts about 2 to 4 weeks prior to election day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections