Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 08:45 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Cruz faced significantly more competition.

Trump has only surpassed 40% in eight of the 21 states he has won. He's a comically weak frontrunner.
How did Cruz face significantly more competition? Texas was basically a 3 man race as well.

92% of the votes went to the top 3 candidates. Even if you remove the bottom 2 candidates and only count the top 3, and then recalculate, Cruz still doesn't even break 50%.

You can't make a statement declaring that it is not a great feat to get 60% in your home state when the candidate that you support does far worse in HIS own state.

What does that say about the candidate that does far worse in his own state?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:50 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Cruz has consistently done better in caucus states or states where the general public didn't vote at all. I think that says something about Cruz's lack of appeal. The general election in November isn't a caucus.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:02 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
How did Cruz face significantly more competition? Texas was basically a 3 man race as well.

92% of the votes went to the top 3 candidates. Even if you remove the bottom 2 candidates and only count the top 3, and then recalculate, Cruz still doesn't even break 50%.

You can't make a statement declaring that it is not a great feat to get 60% in your home state when the candidate that you support does far worse in HIS own state.

What does that say about the candidate that does far worse in his own state?
Cruz isn't my candidate, as if. I'm watching this GOP implosion from the outside, laughing.

Trump getting 60% is impressive; his prior results have anything but.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Cruz has consistently done better in caucus states or states where the general public didn't vote at all. I think that says something about Cruz's lack of appeal. The general election in November isn't a caucus.
The general election isn't as heavy with rightwing conservatives (Trump's base) either. He would be roadkill if he makes it that far.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:48 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
There is no proof that Cruz would do better with women either, not especially with the sex toys comment.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:33 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I was referring to the Cruz favorability rating.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:38 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Cruz faced significantly more competition.

Trump has only surpassed 40% in eight of the 21 states he has won. He's a comically weak frontrunner.
What competition? If Cruz is the outsider he claims to be, Trump was his only competition. Kasich or Rubio should have had no bearing on how well he (or Trump) did since they were establishment.

Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 AM

26,462 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Her primary IS over. Sanders can't win, so from a strategy standpoint, it seems stupid to try to stop a republican candidate that you know you can beat. At least at this stage in the game. It just seems to me that if she was so sure of her victory against Trump, she would save these attacks until after Trump gets the 1237.
Her attacks are working to her base and showing she is it.

She has constantly pivoted to Trump every time for months now, that she wants to show she has beaten Bernie.

Besides, you are acting like she hasn't attacked Cruz at all either.

Clinton depicts Trump, Cruz response to Brussels attacks as 'wrong' and 'dangerous'

Hillary Clinton broadens her attacks to include Ted Cruz as he Trumps Donald | Daily Mail Online

You are missing the biggest piece too.

Trump is highly unpopular. Polls show 65%-70% of America can't stand him. Some exit polls indicate 55% of Republicans oppose Trump.

Hillary is brilliant for painting the Republican Party as Trumpsters - because it makes the party look sick.

Trump is going to hurt Republicans running for congress...Hillary doesn't want to "work" with the current congress.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:04 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Cruz isn't my candidate, as if. I'm watching this GOP implosion from the outside, laughing.

Trump getting 60% is impressive; his prior results have anything but.
I never said you were a Cruz supporter. I've been here long enough to know who is who. The post was referring to another poster and your statement in defense of Cruz's unimpressive victory in Texas.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:13 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Hmm. Doesn't this mean you have married yourself to a political party instead of choosing a candidate based on merit? Seems to me you won't be having the last laugh in that scenario.

IMO, both the GOP & DNC need to implode. What they have sent us as establishment candidates in the last 16 years is evidence enough of this.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:29 AM

754 posts, read 485,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
IMO, both the GOP & DNC need to implode. What they have sent us as establishment candidates in the last 16 years is evidence enough of this.
The DNC will never implode, most democrat voters are happy with their party and will continue to be.

Republican voters can continue to sabotage the GOP, but that will just result in more Democrat victories.

Democrats have won 6 out of the past 7 popular votes and I assume will win a good number of the next 7, maybe all 7, if Republicans keep fighting with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections