Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 11:26 AM

21,378 posts, read 10,427,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sanders is a better example because Trump is an owner so he has freely admiring to owning politicians, even the Clintons. Sanders isn't owned nor is an owner. Most people can't see that forrest from the trees and I can't get it. Are Trump supporters really that tunnel visioned and sipping on the Kool-Aid Trump is passing out at his rallies to not think critically about bureaucracy and the problems of having special interests actually in a political office and cutting out the middlemen?
Sanders would only increase the bureacracy. He's a big government person to the extreme. He wants that inept bureacracy to be in charge of everyone's healthcare, their ability to go to college, and all paid for by only taxing Wall Street investments. Do you really think all that is possible?

He also wants to destroy the fossil fuel industry, but train the current workers in that industry for another field of work (that doesn't exist by the way). He thinks we can sustain our standard of living on sunshine and soft breezes, and doesn't seem to have a clue that none of that produces the amount of energy we need. We cannot have manufacturing with solar and wind power. We couldn't even manufacture the solar panels and wind turbines without fossil fuels. He's even against nuclear, which is the only thing that may power our homes and factories without fossil fuels. Remember, natural gas is also a fossil fuel, and he wants to end fracking. That's the only thing right now displacing coal as an energy source. He's completely clueless on that issue. And maybe Sanders should research how many products are made with petroleum, up to and including the keyboard I'm typing on right now.

Sanders seems like a nice guy, but he's not very smart about industry or technology. And he wants to allow open borders so the world can come here and get free education and we will all magically be employed.

I just don't understand how people who love Bernie Sanders can act like people who live in the real world are stupid and drinking the kool-aid. Bernie's offering the biggest kool-aid of all, free benefits for everyone and only the rich will have to pay. Even Bernie knows that's not true, but he's hoping people would get so immersed in his programs that we'd be open to the European tax levels necessary to keep it going (for a while at least).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm not rooting for Trump to take the Republican primaries because on election night I want to believe that who ever wins, the country will be in good (or good enough) hands. I wouldn't feel that way with such a crass, bullying, lying, low-information jerk like Trump in charge. Though I think Hillary or Bernie could beat him, Trump would take the primaries deep down into the mud because he'd rather do that than show how little he actually knows about the world. He's exploiting the emotions of his fans with no workable solutions for anything and a primary season Trump style would sure make us look awful to the rest of the world.
Trump knows far more about the world than Bernie Sanders. Clinton knows more about the world than Bernie Sanders too, but she won't be able to actually change anything in Washington. She's preferrable over Sanders, but not any different than what we already have.

I honestly don't think Bernie Sanders is in this race to win. He knows that's never going to be allowed to happen, and he's way too old to be elected anyway. Sanders is only in this race to move the Democrats to the left.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,353,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This is simply not true. Sanders also draws thousands.
It is true. Bernie has not had any crowds since August and only in a few select locations.

Get back to us when he holds a rally in a place like Florida, now, and 10s of 1000s show up.

He is a regional candidate at best.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,716,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Sanders would only increase the bureacracy. He's a big government person to the extreme. He wants that inept bureacracy to be in charge of everyone's healthcare, their ability to go to college, and all paid for by only taxing Wall Street investments. Do you really think all that is possible?

He also wants to destroy the fossil fuel industry, but train the current workers in that industry for another field of work (that doesn't exist by the way). He thinks we can sustain our standard of living on sunshine and soft breezes, and doesn't seem to have a clue that none of that produces the amount of energy we need. We cannot have manufacturing with solar and wind power. We couldn't even manufacture the solar panels and wind turbines without fossil fuels. He's even against nuclear, which is the only thing that may power our homes and factories without fossil fuels. Remember, natural gas is also a fossil fuel, and he wants to end fracking. That's the only thing right now displacing coal as an energy source. He's completely clueless on that issue. And maybe Sanders should research how many products are made with petroleum, up to and including the keyboard I'm typing on right now.

Sanders seems like a nice guy, but he's not very smart about industry or technology. And he wants to allow open borders so the world can come here and get free education and we will all magically be employed.

I just don't understand how people who love Bernie Sanders can act like people who live in the real world are stupid and drinking the kool-aid. Bernie's offering the biggest kool-aid of all, free benefits for everyone and only the rich will have to pay. Even Bernie knows that's not true, but he's hoping people would get so immersed in his programs that we'd be open to the European tax levels necessary to keep it going (for a while at least).
I am a Sanders supporter because the Republican party is so out of touch and think pulling thins towards the Christian right or someone who isn't owned of special interests but rather is a special interest. I see through the ruse that Trump is putting up but I think too many of you are too desperate for a Republican that you are willing to not see it if not ignorant to see it.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
I am a Sanders supporter because the Republican party is so out of touch and think pulling thins towards the Christian right or someone who isn't owned of special interests but rather is a special interest. I see through the ruse that Trump is putting up but I think too many of you are too desperate for a Republican that you are willing to not see it if not ignorant to see it.
Unfortunately for you, the party you support has rigged the election so that Bernie can't possibly win. And when Hillary takes over, the "progressive" part of the party will be marginalized and will disappear. Crony captalism and war mongering will be the order of the day for the DNC.

i.e. Unlike what you state, there is no difference between the establishment DNC and GOP. On any relevant issues they are exactly alike.

People are attracted to Bernie & Trump because they attempt to break this corrupt system. Unfortunately, Bernie doesn't have it in him to be very successful.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Sanders doesn't even want to win. He's in this to pull Hillary Clinton to the left. Watch the debates and it's clear as day that he isn't trying to beat Clinton. I like the guy and respect him for sticking to his principals. I just happen to think he's wrong, and his policies would be awful for the country, the middle class, and poor people. He has no chance of winning, and if he won, he'd have no chance of implementing his policies. Trump's ideas for stimulating the economy are better, have a far better chance of being implemented, and would help our people get jobs. I think his more outrageous statements are bombast and would not really happen. I have faith that the media would hold Trump far more accountable than they do Obama, which is a good thing.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:56 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,345,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If we are talking about the Democrat Machine, I don't think so because Trump may attract some Democrat blue collar voters that would not be in play with other Republican candidates.

Hillary's weakness will not be her Republican opponent. Hillary's weakness will turn out to be low voter turn out. The people who showed up for Obama are just not that enthusiastic for her as you can tell by the size of the crowds at her controlled events. The only thing that could save her, in my opinion, is if Republican voters are just as unenthusiastic about the Republican candidate but as long as Jeb Bush isn't going to be that person, Republicans will probably be okay.
Except if her opponent is Trump, where I can envision women and minorities in droves coming out to vote AGAINST him. This happened in the 70's in Philadelphia when the bully racist mayor Frank Rizzo tried to get the city charter changed to allow him to run for a third consecutive term. In a record voter turnout following a huge get-out-the-vote campaign in the black communities, he lost.

Really, how could anyone vote for a candidate who thinks bathroom humor (if you can call it that) is appropriate? Or telling Hillary to "be careful".....this bullying tactic alone should horrify women. He is the lowest of the low. I used to cringe when I heard all the downright sexist comments he made to women in the boardroom on The Apprentice...but that was a TV show and not subject, I guess, to sexual harassment laws. He's a pig.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:07 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,961,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Except if her opponent is Trump, where I can envision women and minorities in droves coming out to vote AGAINST him. This happened in the 70's in Philadelphia when the bully racist mayor Frank Rizzo tried to get the city charter changed to allow him to run for a third consecutive term. In a record voter turnout following a huge get-out-the-vote campaign in the black communities, he lost.

Really, how could anyone vote for a candidate who thinks bathroom humor (if you can call it that) is appropriate? Or telling Hillary to "be careful".....this bullying tactic alone should horrify women. He is the lowest of the low. I used to cringe when I heard all the downright sexist comments he made to women in the boardroom on The Apprentice...but that was a TV show and not subject, I guess, to sexual harassment laws. He's a pig.

And women will come out in droves because this Hillary (Hillary Clinton stands by her defense of 1975 rape suspect - CBS News) is on their side! If she would destroy any 12 year old for her job; she would destroy America as part of her job.

As far as bathroom humor: Here's why the media won't report the REAL reason for Hillary's debate break - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com. She was late because she dis not want to share a bathroom - apparently she already thinks of herself as Queen of America!

Merry X-mas!

Old 12-25-2015, 11:01 AM

33,943 posts, read 22,366,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And women will come out in droves because this Hillary (Hillary Clinton stands by her defense of 1975 rape suspect - CBS News) is on their side! If she would destroy any 12 year old for her job; she would destroy America as part of her job.

As far as bathroom humor: Here's why the media won't report the REAL reason for Hillary's debate break - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com. She was late because she dis not want to share a bathroom - apparently she already thinks of herself as Queen of America!

Merry X-mas!
You want to make hay with her vigorous defense of a client - but it's not catching on with anyone other than the Hillary haters. You are not changing any minds.

Just like 'you didn't build that' fell flat as a slogan.

PS: The media has reported the real reason and anyone who reads knows it.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Except if her opponent is Trump, where I can envision women and minorities in droves coming out to vote AGAINST him.......
Except that it won't happen with women. Huge swaths of women think Bill Clinton is a sexist pig and fault Hillary for not only sticking with him but also the number of women she has railroaded a lots of women in vain attempts to hide Bill's behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections